Ducati Stunt Team @ IX Center

Twisty

since when is a "team" one dude doing 6 wheelies, 3 endos, and a headstand?

I agree, I was just saying it as they presented just the one rider. I am not going to lie, I was disappointed when it was just 1 person and not a few riders coming out together.

last year it was the redbull trailer and a trials rider. THAT was some cool shit.

the year before, it was maybe 3 guys with some ramps and a 'cage of death.' I guess normally it was 5 guys in the cage, but two of them were injured.

That floor looks and sounds really slick, kind of surprised he didn't lose it.

They explained just before the show. They use a garden sprayer and put down about 50 bottles of coke and maple syrup.... LOL I was eating pancakes off the floor.

Of what I could see from where I was standing...I was impressed! I did like watching him run into the fence though! Even with all the "sugar" on the floor...I'm shocked he didn't wipe out! I would have liked to see more than just one rider out there though! Anyone on here able to do what that guys did? You are my hero! haha

The guy was the XDL championship winner. So you know he's got some good moves. I think the type of floor and the limited floorspace kept him from doing the cool moves. You don't get the gold medal for a few lame wheelies and stoppies. ;)

On a side note, anyone else think the show was garbage this year? The organization was hectic and BMW, KTM, and Aprilia weren't there. It was like I walked into any typical Japanese dealer, lame. It was nice to sit on the big four's bikes, but I would've liked to have seen more than just Duc from the Euro side.

Anybody sit on the sideways Ducati Streetfighter and realize how hard it was to do with both feet on the pegs? lol

They explained just before the show. They use a garden sprayer and put down about 50 bottles of coke and maple syrup.... LOL I was eating pancakes off the floor.

Pancakes?! :eek: I thought the Chosen People ate latkes! :D:rulez:

Help out a confused Gentile here, will ya? :confused:

it was a bit disappointing. shit, i didn't even see the OR booth... i must have walked right by it.

Iron Pony's both was quite small and VERY cramped. i was going to buy a jacket but seeings how i couldn't get to it, i left.

I've been there every year for the past 14 and i can say this was by far the worst.

Best part was seeing Chubbs from BS throw fire crackers at security. lol

it was a bit disappointing. shit, i didn't even see the OR booth... i must have walked right by it.

It was right across from the trailer you said you yelled at your daughter for writing on "that everyone else wrote on". If you were staring at the trailer writing , it was right behind you.

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed the motorcycle show much more than the auto show in Detroit. Talk about a horrible show. The place was packed tight and they wouldn't let you sit in any of the cars. Also, a lot of the displays were exactly the same as the ones they used last year. Only cool thing about the auto show was they had the new BMW bikes there.

As for the IMS. I enjoyed it. In regards to the stunt team, it was cool to see because I know I can't do stuff like that. I do think the stunt rider was limited because of the space and floor. The guy that was MC'ing the thing was annoying as shit. I just wanted him to shut the hell up and let the guy ride.

I just wanted him to shut the hell up and let the guy ride.

Oh I couldn't agree more with you on this man. It is kind of like when people put music to people racing, or doing stunts in videos. I would really prefer if they left the audio from the bike on it instead of putting music over it. That's just my 2 cents....

Oh I couldn't agree more with you on this man. It is kind of like when people put music to people racing, or doing stunts in videos. I would really prefer if they left the audio from the bike on it instead of putting music over it. That's just my 2 cents....

ughhh I hate that shit so much! I will just about always turn off a youtube vid if they decide to put music to a bike vid. That is like a pet peeve of mine.... arghh