My 9 year old has a "boyfriend"

Gump

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would sit down with your daughter and have a talk with her and tell her how you feel. (be carefull how you do it)

I have a 7 year old and she knows that I don't like boys. This one boy came over asking if she could play (she was playing with her girl friend in our yard) I told him that she cannot play, in a stern voice. (Homey don't play that!)

There is a kid in my daughters class that has exposed himself on the bus. His dad encourages him to ask girls to be their girlfriend, among other stuff. I had a lengthy discussion with the teacher and principal. I think the teacher saw the concern in my eye. ;)

I don't know how I'm going to handle it. I try not to think about it, because it upsets me to even think about it.

Can you possibly be any more insensitive?!? Dude's already worried 'cause his little girls in another state & he has limited influence/access to her, & now you got fuckin' diarrhea of the mouth :nono:

Just because you teach 2nd graders, doesn't mean you know shit about parenting kids, so why don't you learn some tact & STFU

Wow, somebody had a bad day. You don't need to be a dick about things. I would say her 5 year old is better behaved than the majority of kids out there. Personally, I'd have a problem with a nine year old texting. Sure she may be innocent, but that doesn't mean the boy is innocent. It's scary the acces kids have and the knowledge kids have about things these days, so you have to be realistic. I had first graders who played gta. Totally not appropriate for a first grader but those are the things that kids are exposed to regularly. Sorry to play the teacher card, but we see it every day, so Fonzie you do have to respect that a bit.

Gump she's your little girl, she won't hate you forever if you act like a parent and not a friend. I also think your ex is totally setting you up to be the mean daddy, so she can be the cool mommy. Good luck!

Wow, are some of you really saying you only let your little girl play with other little girls? And if a boy comes around you scare them off? Seriously? Let kids play, and when it's time to have that "birds and bees" talk then man up and do it. Sheltering your kids completely from the opposite sex is a little dumb if you ask me.

Some of these comments are way over the top. Kids are going to be kids. "boyfriends" mean nothing when you're 9 years old. You wanna start worrying?do it when they're 15 and it's a serious issue.

Disclaimer: I'm not a parent, and I don't want to be until I can support a child. If you don't like my opinion, piss off.

Wow, somebody had a bad day. You don't need to be a dick about things. I would say her 5 year old is better behaved than the majority of kids out there. Personally, I'd have a problem with a nine year old texting. Sure she may be innocent, but that doesn't mean the boy is innocent. It's scary the acces kids have and the knowledge kids have about things these days, so you have to be realistic. I had first graders who played gta. Totally not appropriate for a first grader but those are the things that kids are exposed to regularly. Sorry to play the teacher card, but we see it every day, so Fonzie you do have to respect that a bit.

I guarantee she wouldn't have made those same comments, in that same way & tone to any of the parents of her kids, in the real world....Let's say during parent teacher conferences

And I never called her a bitch, so you know where you can put your "dick" comment

Gump she's your little girl, she won't hate you forever if you act like a parent and not a friend.

He only gets to see her maaaybeee 10% of the year it sounds like, so he is walking an extremely fine line of trying to parent her, without making her want to avoid being around him. He's not privvy to the normal day to day time/trivial little things most of us get to wait for things to cool down, or look for that perfect time to mend/soften things. If he pisses her off, she can avoid phone calls & start playing other games to miss visitations, as it sounds like Mommy's not gonna play advocate for him

I also think your ex is totally setting you up to be the mean daddy, so she can be the cool mommy. Good luck!

Agreed.... Which is why he's in such a precarious position like I said above

The first tid bit I am gonna dole out is. YOUR A PARENT FIRST, FRIEND SECOND

hmmmmm, So you need GPS to see where your daughter is????

I will go with the group about parenting,

NO it is not normal for a 9 year old to have a boy friend and texting.

You need to become more involved in your daughters life.

hmmmmm, So you need GPS to see where your daughter is????

You need to become more involved in your daughters life.

I'm not sure exactly who your targeting here but these 2 comments got me.. the first one, nope dont need it but I'm not always with my daughter she walks home from school she goes places with friends, family and school ect so yes it is very nice to be able to look at my phone and know exactly where she is .... and in the unfortunate case she didnt make it somewhere and I look and see she's headed the wrong direction at 60mph I can safely assume it's against her will and head the same direction at 120mph to kill someone. And I promise you I will do just just that.

The second I'm more involved in my daughters life than any parent I know and everyone on this board that knows me will second that.

I guarantee she wouldn't have made those same comments, in that same way & tone to any of the parents of her kids, in the real world....Let's say during parent teacher conferences

And I never called her a bitch, so you know where you can put your "dick" comment

Well you came across like a dick, but that's just my opinion. No, she hasn't had any talks during conferences about teen pregnancy, because perhaps the focus of those conferences were, oh, I don't know, academics? Get real. She did have a student in her 3rd grade class (8 years old) that was caught giving a BJ (not at school). Now that I think about it, that girl had a cell phone and texted frequently too. Hmmm. I wonder what she may have texted to others or sent pictures of or passed along via forwards as a 3rd grader. A girl/boy like that could be in his daughter's class and suddenly that innocent texting might not seem like such a great idea.

I've told 6th graders on up to seniors that "babies ruin lives" in my attempt to plant the seed in their head that a baby would ruin a lot of things/dreams prior to getting out in the real world for a bit. I've told a seventh grader that she needed to shape up before she wound up on drugs and/or pregnant. It's fucking scary to think about what kids might get into these days. No parents shouldn't shelter their kids from everything, but they should take certain precautions. Unfortunately, there are also a lot of parents that don't do a whole lot of parenting these days and EXPECT schools to do it all for them. It's their kids that you have to watch for.

But what do I know...I'm not a parent.