My 9 year old has a "boyfriend"

Gump

I was "dating" in my early teens... but like others have said, my parents took an open and honest approach...

and they aren't grandparents :)

But they've got a hell of a lot of grandcats :rolleyes::p

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!! I wondered where this thread went? Some good advice, crazy, racist, shovenistic, sarcastic and some personal attacks, just the OR i'm used to.

Really though Fonz said some things that made a lot of sense and some other comments.

I'm not doing the tracking her phone thing. I worried a bit too much all at once. At least not untill she can drive.:D Kidding..If i really have to do that it's all down hill from that point.This topic makes your head spin.

I'm just trying keep what parenting influence I have from 400 miles away. I'm being open with her about him and trying not to be negative or she shuts down on me. She did tell me what he got her for valentines day and i'm not sure i like that either. I do have an issue with she is really texting a LOT and won't answer the phone to say hi or my texting her cuts into her texting him.. It's a catch 22 because it will be daddy's fault she can't do what she wants. Daddy's fault the phone had rules. Daddy's fault I couldn't text my boyfriend all the time and there she goes hating me and the rebellion begins. I can't win when mom thinks it's ok and is probably doing the same.

My best chance to steer her right is in the summer when I have her with me.

I have a 7 year old girl. I'm dealing with this crap too. (Not the boyfriend crap, but the worrying)

We all worry about Childrens, they are a great creatures, but can be pure evil when they want to, Take care of her.

Edit : add : just don't worry too much, that might make you missjudge her action, or make her do stuff you don't want her to do ,or even it might make her stop trusting you, my 2 cents

Saying what he got her specifically would be disrespectful to her.

But I will say this little Hue Heffner better watch it.

Are you serious!? :eek: I'd be pissed if it was anything 'Heff' related. WTF is wrong with the boys' parents that thought that's appropriate for their son to get and give? They HAD to take him shopping, or some 'responsible adult' had to aid in any purchases....

Saying what he got her specifically would be disrespectful to her.

But I will say this little Hue Heffner better watch it.

Saying what he got her is disrespectful, but him actually giving it to her isn't? :confused:

If what you are implying is correct, then they are probably sexing, not texting.

Saying what he got her is disrespectful, but him actually giving it to her isn't? :confused:

If what you are implying is correct, then they are probably sexing, not texting.

Oh Gawd. :rolleyes:

They're 9 fucking years old and they dont live in a ghetto or trailer park. You guys are ridiculous.

:cool:

Do you have a young daughter?

Yes and, like Gumps girls, she has been raised to know better than to give up some ass over a box of chocolates. These are 9 year old kids. They havent hit puberty yet and are just in the butt sniffing stages of dating. They might hold hands or smooch on a dare, but thats about it folks.

The time to shit brix is when the are 14-15, that is, if you raised them halfway right. Not every kid is like the trash on the morning talkshows.