CCW .45 Recommendations

Hwilli

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why why why... some do , some don't.

I too appreciate big bore calibers.

Any 1911 frame is ok with me, weight be damned if I need the punch.

Colt Combat Commander would be the first thing I'd pick up going out the door.

Something I know and don't have to think about.

Hard to conceal in the Summertime.

Also rather happy with most all big bore non-magnum 5-shot revolvers.

But what is said is true, the lighter the weapon, the more likely you will carry it and be happy doing so.

There is also a limit to how light any weapon can be, and still be comfortable and accurate when firing it.

Honestly, people really need two levels of carry. One is light weight and goes everywhere every time. It can be any decent caliber. The other level is more for serious situations, and should maximize capabilities. If it's a known threat, bring both, and it would be nice if they are both the same caliber, but not mandatory.

Different things work for different people and for different weapons and for different calibers. It's what works vs what doesn't for each person only. So certainly try one first, to see if that's going to be true for you.

And finally, keep it simple, because simple works.

I'm still waiting for your answer to the question thats been posed several times now.... Why are you insistant on 45 only? I'm not second guessing you and I wont drill you on your answer I'm just really curious why you feel it "must" be a 45?

I was set on a .45 CC for a while but after reviewinga ton of articles etc. I've settled on a .40 Glock 27. Picking it up next week. Should fit well between my S&W M&P 9mm compact ( there are no sub-compacts) and my Rueger LCP.

But they're starting to weigh my pants down. I probably should only carry one.

I'm happy with my kimber 1911 A1 custom. It's my daily carry weapon. I have other pistols or revolvers that I can carry, but I prefer that over all of them. Yes it's bigger than the others, but it's also thinner than my m&p 40 and about the same as my 9 mm. It all depends on what it is that person wants to carry.

Hwilli hit me up and you can shoot the 1911, 9mm, and the 40 for reference. If you think you can handle all that gun??? ;-)

I'm still waiting for your answer to the question thats been posed several times now.... Why are you insistant on 45 only? I'm not second guessing you and I wont drill you on your answer I'm just really curious why you feel it "must" be a 45?

I own several firearms. I decided I wanted to buy another carry piece in .45. .45 happens to be my preferred round. The purpose of this thread was to bring some guns onto my radar that I may not be aware of.

I purposely left it open. What I didn't want this to turn into was a caliber discussion, or a Concealed Carry Lesson(Though there have been some good posts pertaining to that).

What I find funny is I posted this same topic in Columbus Racing, and those fucks are a bunch of immature super retards. I got a ton of good feedback there, and actually ended up buying something I had not previously considered.

Sambusa - I'm 6' 180. I'm not sure I would call that small, but I agree. I have carried a full sized 1911 before, and it is not ideal.

Lance - Don't be a fag.

Sambusa - I'm 6' 180. I'm not sure I would call that small, but I agree. I have carried a full sized 1911 before, and it is not ideal..

About the same size as me. Couple inches taller, but I'd still call that small. I've never carried a .45, only because I couldn't find one that would be concealed easily. It'd be nice to have the extra stopping power but not worth giving up the concealability.

Lance - Don't be a fag.

That's like telling the sky to stop being blue. :nono:

I own several firearms. I decided I wanted to buy another carry piece in .45. .45 happens to be my preferred round. The purpose of this thread was to bring some guns onto my radar that I may not be aware of.

I purposely left it open. What I didn't want this to turn into was a caliber discussion, or a Concealed Carry Lesson(Though there have been some good posts pertaining to that).

What I find funny is I posted this same topic in Columbus Racing, and those fucks are a bunch of immature super retards. I got a ton of good feedback there, and actually ended up buying something I had not previously considered.

Sambusa - I'm 6' 180. I'm not sure I would call that small, but I agree. I have carried a full sized 1911 before, and it is not ideal.

Lance - Don't be a fag.

What .45's do you already own?

T#43,

Just FYI...Springfield now offers a .45 with a thumb safety. :cool:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=156267989

http://www.springfield-armory.com/xd.php?version=136

I've got an XD, and I know the trigger safety AND the grip safety have to be active to fire the pistol, but I've still got this mental issue to get over of not having an "locking" safety.

I never had that issue with any of my 1911's cocked and locked. I guess having to make that move (sweeping the safety off) was a security blanket of sorts that I got used to.

I'll have to see how things go with the XD.