Michelin Pilot power sale @ Competition Acc

fox_racing_guy

oh snap

ok, just checked and it's $207/set for 120/70 front and 180/55 rear. that is pretty fantastic.

btw, the website is www.xtrmsbks.com

they will give you a 5% discount for being a member of the assfault junkies website. maybe ben can look into them being a site sponser here?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're website says they still have a large selection of aftermarket parts and accessories displayed in Springfield. Last time I was by there they still sold catalog parts, and they would order stuff into the store for you if they didn't have it, which saved you on shipping. Just saying. The prices might be higher in the store, but like most if you question it they often match the online/catalog price.

Again, ben... You bought from the competition accessories downstairs store. That is Ride Inc. DBA competition accessories. Two different stores and owners. They have a contract that when they spilt, the upstairs got to use the name and had to reference the downstairs location.

They are not the same. You getting something ordered wasn't anything different than any other store.

The split was over 5 years ago.

everyone will be able to get Michelin's at reasonable prices now...anyone want to guess why??? hint, it has to do with someone not being the single importer of their tires...so a little bird told me. (someone that is reading this thread knows what I'm talking about)

Edited by serpentracer

everyone will be able to get Michelin's at reasonable prices now...anyone want to guess why??? hint, it has to do with someone not being the single importer of their tires...so a little bird told me. (someone that is reading this thread knows what I'm talking about)

There's been multiple distributors for years and years... PU was the biggest distributor and now places like Western has them. The reason they are being sold so cheap by a lot of dealers/shops is that the model is done and has been replaced. As with any style that has a change currently, the old model is sold off cheap to dealers in an effort to liquidate inventory.

Again, the dealerships buy from distributors. Comp, STG, Pony, etc all buy from distributors. Whether that's PU, STS, Western, etc. doesn't matter. Of course, Western is being VERY aggressive on tire prices and dealerships are buying them.

FACK THEM!!!!... I will never buy shit from them again. They are fucking liars. Their system automatically advertises the free shipping image beside any item over $100 dollars but if you read the fine print, they still charge shipping for large or over sized items. FACK them.. They screwed me on the very first set of tires I bought from them and I will never buy again. They are fucking liars.. EFFFFFFFF THEM...,. OH yeah.. and all orders to Ohio are charged 7% sales tax as well as a $2.99 shipping insurance fee. If you dont believe me, go add a set to your cart and walk through it.

Fine print when you actually click the free shipping details.

shipping.gif

Free shipping!!!! CompetitionAccessories.com is offering free shipping on any order over $100*. Be sure to take advantage of this chance to save even more on our newest and best selling items. Free standard ground shipping to lower 48 states only. Rush or air delivery not included in offer. Selected items and Oversized items will still incur surcharges where applicable

Edited by flounder

FACK THEM!!!!... I will never buy shit from them again. They are fucking liars. Their system automatically advertises the free shipping image beside any item over $100 dollars but if you read the fine print, they still charge shipping for large or over sized items. FACK them.. They screwed me on the very first set of tires I bought from them and I will never buy again. They are fucking liars.. EFFFFFFFF THEM...,. OH yeah.. and all orders to Ohio are charged 7% sales tax as well as a $2.99 shipping insurance fee. If you dont believe me, go add a set to your cart and walk through it.

shipping.gif

Free shipping!!!! CompetitionAccessories.com is offering free shipping on any order over $100*. Be sure to take advantage of this chance to save even more on our newest and best selling items. Free standard ground shipping to lower 48 states only. Rush or air delivery not included in offer. Selected items and Oversized items will still incur surcharges where applicable

I just bought a helmet two days ago, and didn't get charged sales tax, or shipping?

shipping.gif

It's due (sales tax) to the fact they still are somewhat associated with the downstairs division and they also still have an office address in the same building until they are 100% moved... They are paying rent still from what I understand... Thus, an Ohio addy and you get the sales tax slammed on you...

I just bought a helmet two days ago, and didn't get charged sales tax, or shipping?

They might be down now. i know our guy in the Carolinas was saying they were almost totally moved down...

As for the shipping, Flounder is saying on oversized items (like tires) and a helmet isn't going to be oversized...

There's been multiple distributors for years and years... PU was the biggest distributor and now places like Western has them. The reason they are being sold so cheap by a lot of dealers/shops is that the model is done and has been replaced. As with any style that has a change currently, the old model is sold off cheap to dealers in an effort to liquidate inventory.

Again, the dealerships buy from distributors. Comp, STG, Pony, etc all buy from distributors. Whether that's PU, STS, Western, etc. doesn't matter. Of course, Western is being VERY aggressive on tire prices and dealerships are buying them.

importer...not distributor. there was multiple distributors already. there are now 2 importer's of michelin tires I was told by a local shop owner. and they are the one's controlling the "expensive" pricing. so now he is now allowed to sell them at competitive prices of other brands.

I figured you knew about this...word has it STT or STG (I forget) was the only importer of michelin for a while.

Edited by serpentracer

importer...not distributor. there was multiple distributors already. there are now 2 importer's of michelin tires I was told by a local shop owner. and they are the one's controlling the "expensive" pricing. so now he is now allowed to sell them at competitive prices of other brands.

I figured you knew about this...word has it STT or STG (I forget) was the only importer of michelin for a while.

Well, your shop owner guy doesn't really have a grasp on what is going on. Michelin sells to distributors. Distributors sell to dealerships.

STG and STT are considered dealers. STT at the track days buys from a distributor. STG as well. Your shop buys from a distributor just like STG, Indy Superbikes, Iron Pony, STT, Bob's Cycle, Comp Access, Motosport, Rider's Discount, etc...

Distributors in the US for dealers to buy from (As examples):

Western

Parts Unlimited

etc...

There are more than two. Maybe just two that your buddy deals with as there are another two distributors at the track level. They get the same distributor pricing as others.

However, Parts Unlimited is the biggest buyer in the US. They get the best prices due to volume. They sell at a set price and they have even deeper discounts than what your buddy sees in his price books.

Again, STG and STT are two separate businesses and bodies. They are not the same... BUT, they buy from a distributor.

What your buddy needs to understand is that a big dealership (Take Iron Pony for example or Tire Express, Comp, etc.) gets a better price on tires than say a mom and pops shop. Also, these fly by night dealers and online guys sell to people at 10% above their cost and may get a lot of sales, but when they look at the books and they have $250,000 in sales, they've only made $25k. Hell, the cost of heat, electricity and other operation costs are way more than that. In the end, they end up not sticking around very long as they never maintained a good margin.

If players like Pony, Chap, Comp, etc wanted to get rid of these smaller online guys giving shit away, they'd take about 2 months at most. The thing is, the prices that these small guys sell at is a lot less margin than what the bigger guys sell at with the same sale prices. They make larger margins due to volume and buying totals...

In any case, your buddy isn't understanding how the system works and if he thinks STG and STT (I know you're trying to make a jab here at one of the two as you certainly have a distaste for them) are distributors, he's so wrong it's funny...

ok I was wrong he said they were distributors...here's a copy of the thread he started,

Normally this time of the year we see the annual tire increase.

Michelin now has 2 distributors. It appears they are selling at cost, trying to compete for the business. Sucks for them but it's great for everyone needing tires.

Michelin Pilot Powers for $200 a set?

Continental has a new lower price tire that looks really good also.

It is the Conti Motion and it's priced about the same as Shinko's.

Just an FYI..

ALL street tires are on special now!

Avon

Bridgestone

Continental

Dunlop

Michelin

Shinko

Pirelli

And yes most of them are priced very aggresively!

Is this Jason from On2 Racing?

Your post ought to go far seeing that sponsors on here pay to post specials and you come along and just do it.

If this is Jason, I have a buddy looking for you on some parts he paid for...

ok I was wrong he said they were distributors...here's a copy of the thread he started,

Normally this time of the year we see the annual tire increase.

Michelin now has 2 distributors. It appears they are selling at cost, trying to compete for the business. Sucks for them but it's great for everyone needing tires.

Michelin Pilot Powers for $200 a set?

Continental has a new lower price tire that looks really good also.

It is the Conti Motion and it's priced about the same as Shinko's.

Is he is refering to places on the web or places where he buys from?

Brian is correct that Parts Unlimited has different price structures for different sales volumes. He is also correct on how the distributor network works. I know a guy who knows a guy and he told me. Tire prices are great for everyone right now get them while they're hot.

PILOT POWER 120/180 set - 187.98 shipped

PILOT POWER 2CT 120/180 set - 201.98 shipped

POWER PURE - NEW TIRE AND NOW IN STOCK!!!!!!!!!!! 120/180 set - 219.98 shipped

POWER ONE RACE TIRE - 120/180 set - 321.98 shipped

These are prices you can find on the internet. I would suggest buying from site sponsors. I would think they all should have similar prices.

Again, they are affiliated only due to the fact that Comp Acc. was once on the verge of going into bankruptcy. They split the mail order and OEM into two divisions. There is a connection while VERY small in that they agreed to allow the same name to be used.

Comp Access that you guys are thinking is the shop in question is actually Ride Motorcycles, Inc. DBA Comp Access.

It's VERY confusing for the customer, I know, but understand that they are two different stores. You are not going to get the same price and they cover their asses by stating that the prices may differ.

Here's the link:

http://www.compacc.com/service/Competition_Accessories_Motorcycle_Retail_Store.cfm

They are using the Comp. Access. heritage to validate things...

It's true. The physical location's website is http://ridemotorcyclesinc.com/

Brian is correct that Parts Unlimited has different price structures for different sales volumes. He is also correct on how the distributor network works. I know a guy who knows a guy and he told me. Tire prices are great for everyone right now get them while they're hot.

PILOT POWER 120/180 set - 187.98 shipped

PILOT POWER 2CT 120/180 set - 201.98 shipped

POWER PURE - NEW TIRE AND NOW IN STOCK!!!!!!!!!!! 120/180 set - 219.98 shipped

POWER ONE RACE TIRE - 120/180 set - 321.98 shipped

These are prices you can find on the internet. I would suggest buying from site sponsors. I would think they all should have similar prices.

Thanks for the back up guys. I've been working in the motorcycle industry for about 14 years now... The idea that there are shop guys and dealers that don't even understand the fundamentals is amazing to me. With the economy the way it is and the fact that it is literally the survival of the fittest, they aren't going to last very long...

By the way, what do we need to do to get you on track with us?:p

I'd love to find a guy with Power One Race Tires other then trackside :(

Or the # for that guy on that price!

There's only two race tire distributors. You can buy them though from STG, STT, Trackside Racer Supply and Walt. Those four are authorized resellers. Anyone else is buying from them from someone else and not authorized as a reseller...

I'd love to find a guy with Power One Race Tires other then trackside :(

Or the # for that guy on that price!

Again I would suggest buying from a vendor that is a sponsor. I would think they could match these prices. If not here is the link to where I found the prices posted above.

http://www.lithiummotorsports.net/index.htm

Be wary about the age of cheap rubber.

Frankly, STG's Michelin prices have always been really good, and if someone is selling for less, I'm a little suspicious...

I can't definitively say that dealer X is selling an older tire, but STG has always been up-front about the age of the tires they're trying to move for cheap.

the Power Races they were (are?) clearing out are admittedly older, but when someone asked Monte for the date code (on the WERA board maybe?), he wasn't shy about posting it.

I also trust STG to store tires properly. Dealers or gear stores, not so much...