Michelin Pilot power sale @ Competition Acc

fox_racing_guy

I worked there for several years, Brian is correct on all points.

The mail order company did move to SC in 09 and the dealership is still in Springfield.

The only relationship between them is they both have the rights to use the Comp Acc name. They used to be the same company since the 60's but about 7 years ago the retail store & dealership were sold to new owners and they then became seperate entities with different owners and from that time forward basically became competitors.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be wary about the age of cheap rubber.

Frankly, STG's Michelin prices have always been really good, and if someone is selling for less, I'm a little suspicious...

I can't definitively say that dealer X is selling an older tire, but STG has always been up-front about the age of the tires they're trying to move for cheap.

the Power Races they were (are?) clearing out are admittedly older, but when someone asked Monte for the date code (on the WERA board maybe?), he wasn't shy about posting it.

I also trust STG to store tires properly. Dealers or gear stores, not so much...

I agree beware of cheap rubber. I also agree STG has good prices but being suspicious of someone who has been in business longer and can compete with them is unfounded and a concern without merit.

All tire deals have different dynamics to them from different brands to models to buying a complete inventory to drop shipping from a distributor to too many different ways to explain how they come about.

I am sure Lithium is not selling these Michelins from old inventory. They sold 200 sets just last week, some are drop shipped from a distributor and some are from their inventory. They have recently received a lot of 100 sets (Less than a week.) and the oldest set was manufactured 4-09. All of the Pures are newer. You can bet they are storing them properly because that’s their business. Lithium wouldn’t have access to manufacture dates if they are drop shipping but if they sold that many units last week imagine how many the distributor sold. Don’t you think they would be getting rid of their oldest inventory first?