Buell thunderbolt s3 1900 miles $3900

zx0neFouR

What do you think of this bike? (just for fun)  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of this bike? (just for fun)

• I'd buy it if I have the cash!
    • This bike is not for me!
    • Overpriced!
    • Underpriced RARE Classic!
    • I hate buell
    • I respect buell

Really? Then how came that same bike was for sale about 6 months ago by a guy in Norwalk who NEEDED to sell it? He posted on Badweb, and some folks who he had ripped off in the past had some not no nice things to say.

http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buell/messages/21/498110.html

http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buell/messages/21/474678.html?1248988984

If you turned down close to $5k, then you are dumb.

Indeed. Last year, you say? Let's just see all the things that have happened that would affect the sale price of a motorcycle from, say 6 months ago. Perhaps BUELL SHUTTING DOWN? Fire-selling all their bikes for half of their MSRP, effectively killing resale for the rest of the Buells out there?

I bet the same guy who offered you 5K a year ago will offer 4000 now, seeing everything that has happened.. Take that and run.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahahahaha

I HOPE that wasn't you in the links that Tpoppa posted, or if it is, I HOPE that you made right with the guy over on badweb.

I would let you know my opinion, but i don't think you want it. I think you should close the poll, or have a mod do it for you, or whatever....

I HOPE that wasn't you in the links that Tpoppa posted, or if it is, I HOPE that you made right with the guy over on badweb.

I would let you know my opinion, but i don't think you want it. I think you should close the poll, or have a mod do it for you, or whatever....

Whats the fun in that?

My ol' man has been trying to get rid of his '99 X1 for years now - he bought it new in '99 and it probably doesn't even have 4k miles on it.

No market for these bikes really unless you're willing to accept the hit you're going to take. My ol' man isn't, so he's the type that, "Well, if I can't get what I want out of it, I'll just ride it"

But instead he bought three CBXs which are 4x better than his fuel injected Buell and 20 years older. If you want an X1 to compliment the S3 you're probably going to be stuck with, let me know. :)

My ol' man has been trying to get rid of his '99 X1 for years now - he bought it new in '99 and it probably doesn't even have 4k miles on it.

No market for these bikes really unless you're willing to accept the hit you're going to take. My ol' man isn't, so he's the type that, "Well, if I can't get what I want out of it, I'll just ride it"

But instead he bought three CBXs which are 4x better than his fuel injected Buell and 20 years older. If you want an X1 to compliment the S3 you're probably going to be stuck with, let me know. :)

Hey I hope your still up to race your busa' at summit this spring, dont think I forgot buddy.

Look, I put the poll up to see what people thought about the bike, obviously I wasent prepared for the harsh and yet true things about Buell. When I was younger I saw a Buell Thunderbolt in the window at my local HD dealer, I dident know the difference between kawasaki and chevy, but I did knew the bike was for me. When I told people about it at the time 1999, 2000 they told me Buells were "crazy" "they dont make sense", fast forward years later after a friends deadly motorcycle accident It prompted me to take my test and get my license, I started out on a Blast, I was hooked. Motorcycling is a freedom and privledge we all love, my attachement was through Buell. I felt American pride and the confidence to stand out at bike night. Buell riders take alot of shit, and when they closed the doors, I was devestated. Motorcycles are my life. Luckily I got my ZX14 at the same time, so I decided to move on from Buell and sell my Thunderbolt. I've spent thousands on the bike. All I have to say is I'm just glad I've got 2 wheels to carry me where ever, and as long as I've got that everything will be alright. Tpoppa if you want to know my family has alot tied up in the bike that I shouldent have to explain. Bottom line it belongs to me now. Also I've had the money to sell it, had cash in my hand, but couldent let it go so I never sold it. Anyone who is a real rider will know what a motorcyle means.

Indeed. Last year, you say? Let's just see all the things that have happened that would affect the sale price of a motorcycle from, say 6 months ago. Perhaps BUELL SHUTTING DOWN? Fire-selling all their bikes for half of their MSRP, effectively killing resale for the rest of the Buells out there?

I bet the same guy who offered you 5K a year ago will offer 4000 now, seeing everything that has happened.. Take that and run.

i am sorry to add but 6 months ago it was " august " right ? isn't that summer where prices are higher ?

Look, I put the poll up to see what people thought about the bike, obviously I wasent prepared for the harsh and yet true things about Buell. When I was younger I saw a Buell Thunderbolt in the window at my local HD dealer, I dident know the difference between kawasaki and chevy, but I did knew the bike was for me. When I told people about it at the time 1999, 2000 they told me Buells were "crazy" "they dont make sense", fast forward years later after a friends deadly motorcycle accident It prompted me to take my test and get my license, I started out on a Blast, I was hooked. Motorcycling is a freedom and privledge we all love, my attachement was through Buell. I felt American pride and the confidence to stand out at bike night. Buell riders take alot of shit, and when they closed the doors, I was devestated. Motorcycles are my life. Luckily I got my ZX14 at the same time, so I decided to move on from Buell and sell my Thunderbolt. I've spent thousands on the bike. All I have to say is I'm just glad I've got 2 wheels to carry me where ever, and as long as I've got that everything will be alright. Tpoppa if you want to know my family has alot tied up in the bike that I shouldent have to explain. Bottom line it belongs to me now. Also I've had the money to sell it, had cash in my hand, but couldent let it go so I never sold it. Anyone who is a real rider will know what a motorcyle means.

No offense but if you wouldn't sell it when you had money in hand then what is the point of a for sale thread? If you are not going to sell this then close the thread.

This clearly looks like the guy from badweb. If you haven't read the up on that site, from the links...i encourage you to do so. He's clearly fucked over...at least one person from that site. Let this be a warning. We are NOT badweb. Most of us here, do not like Buell, do not like HD. Most of us are pretty close to you. So...if you have any idea's of doing the same shit you did there...things might turn out differently for you. Staring face down...would probably be the least of your problems.

I think it goes without saying...your Buell is not worth almost 4 fucking k. You wanted opinions on how much people though of it. Well...you got it. Unbunch your panties and quit crying.

This clearly looks like the guy from badweb. If you haven't read the up on that site, from the links...i encourage you to do so. He's clearly fucked over...at least one person from that site. Let this be a warning. We are NOT badweb. Most of us here, do not like Buell, do not like HD. Most of us are pretty close to you. So...if you have any idea's of doing the same shit you did there...things might turn out differently for you. Staring face down...would probably be the least of your problems.

I think it goes without saying...your Buell is not worth almost 4 fucking k. You wanted opinions on how much people though of it. Well...you got it. Unbunch your panties and quit crying.

Dayum!!!

:plus1:

Awwww man.. I just went back to the OP and it's GONE! :lol:

That''s tright, don't mess around with OR! You WILL get smacked down!

lol. I think a mod deleted it. He hasn't been on in a few hours.

Man up and fix that shit before it catches up to you. :(

It caught up with him on Badweb. Then he tries and brings his santa size bag of problems over here. I find it funny...to be honest. :lol:

lol. I think a mod deleted it. He hasn't been on in a few hours.

No he was the one that edited his post, you can see that at the bottom of his initial post.

Last edited by zx0neFouR; Today at 12:41 PM.. Reason: edit title

i am sorry to add but 6 months ago it was " august " right ? isn't that summer where prices are higher ?

6 months ago would be September.

Night, I think you're painting with too broad of a brush. Buell isn't the problem here, it's people who think this is CL and can highball the shit out of their bikes. There are quite a few people on here (as I know you are aware) who are Buell/HD owners, especially during the fire-sale, and there's nothing wrong with that at all.

Night, I think you're painting with too broad of a brush. Buell isn't the problem here, it's people who think this is CL and can highball the shit out of their bikes. There are quite a few people on here (as I know you are aware) who are Buell/HD owners, especially during the fire-sale, and there's nothing wrong with that at all.

Oh, go work on blistering your feet with the new sandals.... :lol:

No. Your right. He's obviously the problem.

We do have HD/Buell riders here. The majority, would be Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki. With Buells and Hd's scattered around. Maybe i'm wrong, but of the active users here...i don't think we have 10 Buell and 10 HD riders. I'm curious, as to the 3600? Members here...how many of them ride these bikes.

There's nothing wrong with these bikes, if you like them...then props to you. However, even with the firesale...i think the majority here find HD/Buell unappealing. :dunno: