Buell thunderbolt s3 1900 miles $3900

zx0neFouR

What do you think of this bike? (just for fun)  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of this bike? (just for fun)

• I'd buy it if I have the cash!
    • This bike is not for me!
    • Overpriced!
    • Underpriced RARE Classic!
    • I hate buell
    • I respect buell

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've owned 3 Buells and know a little about them.

Buells of that era will probably have collectors value someday, but not yet. There weren't that many to begin with, and lots were parted for a some awful chop project.

The problem with pre-XB Buells is that 'out of the box' they had issues that needed to be worked out over the first 5-6 throusand miles. Buell stood behind them and fixed them under warranty, but since the warranty is long gone it could get expensive to maintain.

The other issue is even before Buell was closed, parts for the older tube frame bikes weren't always available. Now with Buell closed parts availability is more of an issue.

In a few years, that S3 will be worth more than it is today. And would probably be worth more to a collector than as a dialy rider.

Edited by Tpoppa

It's been said already but, yea not a chance man sorry. Heck Ben just barely got that much for his ZX10 and a buch of people just picked up brandnew Buell's for just over 5. Book value on those.. hell on bikes period right now means absolutly nothing . Good luck though.

If you havent owned a buell than I see it most wise you probably shut up. If your broke that's great, but dont correlate that to "I wouldent buy it", because you wouldent buy it because you have no money, or couldent afford to spend the change to pick it up.

Wow, sort of a dick.

So you don't agree with KBB, you don't agree with everyone in this thread, and you don't agree with everyone on your similiar thread on Badweb. And it's worth noting that no one is offering anything near your asking price. Hmm, maybe the problem is you.

If you're not going to part with it for less than $3,900, you might want to plan on hanging on to it for a few years.

ALSO, DON'T START AN OPINION POLL IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR OPINIONS.

good luck with the sale, but you aren't going to get far on here with that kind of attitude. Sure you have an emotional attachment to the bike, who doesn't, but that doesn't mean you have to be a dick about someone who isn't emotionally involved trying to show you where the market prices are.

I had a 99 Buell X1. Loved it (but it was stolen), that was again on the short list of what to get. I budgeted $4500 when I was looking, but that was in 04. A couple of years have passed. I'd be inclined to say keep it, as most will be unwilling to put that much out. But we both know it's worth every bit of that and more.

Wow, sort of a dick.

So you don't agree with KBB, you don't agree with everyone in this thread, and you don't agree with everyone on your similiar thread on Badweb. And it's worth noting that no one is offering anything near your asking price. Hmm, maybe the problem is you.

If you're not going to part with it for less than $3,900, you might want to plan on hanging on to it for a few years.

ALSO, DON'T START AN OPINION POLL IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR OPINIONS.

:lol::cheers:

Overpriced WAS an option but if you chose that, you're an idiot. HAHA

I can agree with you that this bike will be worth alot more money later on, and that's about where seeing eye to eye ends. These bikes are known more for their longetivty than problems. The so called parts "issue" is not even an issue, just about every part is interchangable with a HD, so no problems there. YES Buell had some recalls, and all of them have been made on this bike. This is not an XB or a ZX10, this is a tube frame buell, easy to work on, torque to take a zx10 in the 1/8. There are V-Twin shops all over Ohio that could work and upgrade this bike cheaply. It has 1900 miles, this bike is like new. It's still snowing outside, I dont expect to sell it right now, but someone will buy it. I've had every buell, and this thunderbolt is the best. I think its funny "you" say its overpriced, but its just you dont have enough money to buy it. I'll upload a picture when I sign the title over to the new owner for $3900 cash. If not, i'll park it next to my headstone before I sell it for less.

Are you trying to tell me I can't afford your $3900 piece of shit?

You entertain me. Where to start!!? KBB says my bike is worth 3580, HOWEVER if you happened to read, it also says " Mileage/condition and additional equipment may have a substantial impact on the value shown" The 3580 is a value with this motorcycle at the assumed mileage of 40,000. Now, no one disagreed with me on badweb. Furthermore its worth noting that i've been offered closer to 5000$ last year for this bike, and you have no idea what i've been offered in PM's from buyers. Also I started a poll for people to VOTE. You know click a button?? Conclusion: What I said must have been true or half the kids wouldent have taken it personally. Apparently I'm not the problem, cash flow is the issue, along with the obvious things that have happened to people in general. So lets just keep it to the sale of the bike, the poll is "just for fun".:villagers:

Really? Then how came that same bike was for sale about 6 months ago by a guy in Norwalk who NEEDED to sell it? He posted on Badweb, and some folks who he had ripped off in the past had some not no nice things to say.

http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buell/messages/21/498110.html

http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buell/messages/21/474678.html?1248988984

If you turned down close to $5k, then you are dumb.

Edited by Tpoppa

Really? Then how came that same bike was for sale about 6 months ago by a guy in Norwalk who NEEDED to sell it? He posted on Badweb, and some folks who he had ripped off in the past had some not no nice things to say.

If you turned down close to $5k, then you are dumb.

+1