Stupid Punk @$$ kids

chevysoldier

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

psh who has tv these days.

i just watch everything off the internet from my computer to my big screen.

you old guys lolz

I didn't know 25 was old. Damn where has the time gone.

Do you get current broadcasts on your computer? I uses stuff like hulu from time to time if I'm in the mood to watch a certain show. Haven't found anything free that broadcasts real time, and I'm not comfortable buying something that may be a rip off.

Of course if I lived in the middle of nowhere like 1000rrrider then I guess I'd have no choice! :rolleyes:

Actually you get to the middle of nowhere then hang a left, go a few more miles till you see the oil wells then hang a right for a couple miles, at the fork in the road go left another mile or so and hang a right at the cow pasture and thats my road, follow that for a lil over a mile round the bend and down the big hill and my drive is the first on the left after the cornfield. True story. :) And that would be just a lil northeast of the middle of nowhere.

Effen kids, man that sucks so bad to hear man. Especially after a hards day work and all you want to do is sit down and relax to just find out that some kid with a problem screws you over. I never did stuff like this when I was a kid, did anyone else on here do crap like this?? He may just take his frustration out on you instead LMAO

Effen kids, man that sucks so bad to hear man. Especially after a hards day work and all you want to do is sit down and relax to just find out that some kid with a problem screws you over. I never did stuff like this when I was a kid, did anyone else on here do crap like this?? He may just take his frustration out on you instead LMAO

No, I never destroyed anyone else's property.

Let me rephrase that question' date=' how many times has your signal gone to shit to where you couldn't watch it cause it was all pixelated and choppy or studdering or freezing, you know what I mean. I had a dish once, I know what a good rain storm or snow does, told myself never again after that one.

Of course if I lived in the middle of nowhere like 1000rrrider then I guess I'd have no choice! :rolleyes:[/quote']

It's a very rare occurance, actually. I've probably lost power more often.

The only good thing about cable out here is the low number of connections on the node, I get's some fast innanets! The availability of cable out here is spotty. I happen to be at the very end of a run, from the way it looks. The channel selection is less than stellar on cable out here, also. About the only advantage cable has there is stuff that I don't watch anyway, like the music channels, and a few more premium channels with their packages. Also, I haven't tested it out where I am now, but everywhere I've been before, the picture quality isn't as good. A few channels might be, but with Directv it seems to be very consistant through the range.

It's a very rare occurance, actually. I've probably lost power more often.

The only good thing about cable out here is the low number of connections on the node, I get's some fast innanets! The availability of cable out here is spotty. I happen to be at the very end of a run, from the way it looks. The channel selection is less than stellar on cable out here, also. About the only advantage cable has there is stuff that I don't watch anyway, like the music channels, and a few more premium channels with their packages. Also, I haven't tested it out where I am now, but everywhere I've been before, the picture quality isn't as good. A few channels might be, but with Directv it seems to be very consistant through the range.

I have had DirectTV for 10 years and I lose my signal maybe twice a year due to storms, maybe 15 or 20 min at a time. This year is the first time I have ever had enough snow on my dish where I actually lost my signal and had to clean it off, the cool thing was that the show I missed due to having no signal was automatically added to the DVR again so instead of the show being recorded at 10:00pm it was recorded at 4:30am.

As far as picture quality, there is no contest, DirectTV is better than cable. Does cable even offer 1080p yet?

Figures you were good growing up and end up being the one who they vandalize. That sucks man... sorry for your loss.

I always did stuff on my property. Blowing holes in the ground and stuff. lol. Was taught early on to respect peoples stuff. It's probably the same kids that like to shoot fireworks at cars driving down the street. All I know is when it gets fixed and if it ever goes out again, I'm hauling ass outside to see whats going on.

Oh and btw, it's getting fixed for free since we are still in the warranty time period. Still upsets me however.

I always did stuff on my property. Blowing holes in the ground and stuff. lol. Was taught early on to respect peoples stuff. It's probably the same kids that like to shoot fireworks at cars driving down the street. All I know is when it gets fixed and if it ever goes out again, I'm hauling ass outside to see whats going on.

This is one thing I'm having a struggle with dealing with the step boys. They're young enough that it's not an issue yet, but they have no respect for their own stuff, or stuff that belongs to their mom or just general stuff around the house. It's not out of control, I just want to get it to where I'm not worried about it becoming out of control.

...I never did stuff like this when I was a kid, did anyone else on here do crap like this??

Ehhh, the law requires that I say "no comment" to that question. Lets just say that everything I bitch about the neighbor kids for doing,

I did as well when I was their age, and most likely some other stuff they ain't did yet! :o

Ehhh' date=' the law requires that I say "no comment" to that question. Lets just say that everything I bitch about the neighbor kids for doing,

I did as well when I was their age, and most likely some other stuff they ain't did yet! :o[/quote']

:nono: Bad kid....

You don't have any offspring to teach these things you aren't allowed by law to comment on do you?

when i was young i went for a ride with my cousins in copley (just west of akron i think), they drove up and down the streets smashing mailboxes, i couldnt believe it.....made me sick. i probably should have turned them in but we were taught never to rat someone out so i didnt.

I know your pain, I still haven't had the money to get my car fixed after it got all jacked up by vandals

My mirror got knocked off by a Sheriff's cruiser hogging the road, and my hitting a mailbox, while topping a small hill. Does that count as vandalism? :lol: Didn't hurt the mailbox, and the mirror worked for about 8 months until the chunk of the housing finally fell out, thanks to ice.

I think my bill is around $70 a month, I have all the channels before getting into premium movie channels, HBO, etc... I also pay something like $5 a month for a second receiver, and $6 or so for their DVR fee. The price is after taxes and reg fees, misc BS. I'll look for more specific info later. To be honest, I think it's a little bit expensive, but it's the minimum I had to get for some of the channels that I watch. I have Directv, and I OWN my receivers, which are TiVo's, not Directv plus DVR. If you get anything now, they "lease" the box to you, even though you have to pay for it up front if you want anything other than the basic box.

I couldn't stand Time Warner cable and the nickel and diming they did..plus their buggy gimped receivers. I switched to DTV and never looked back. I pay about $85/month after all taxes, second receiver, DVR, etc. Basic package with the HD stuff thrown in. Even with the risk of weather related outages (happened twice over 6 years now), I still have more up time than I had with TW...and couldn't be happier.

When you're a new customer, you're bill will be considerably less for the first year or so. I think I was paying around $50-60 for the first year.

You might have luck with telling them you're considering switching. Two weeks ago we called our carrier and simply said "how do we go about returning the receiver boxes" and the person on the other line immediately went into a spiel trying to keep us as customers. Oh and miraculously they noticed that we conveniently qualified for a "free upgrade" too. So, in order to keep us, they picked up the cost for the new dish and two HD DVR receivers. NICE!

Since we're discussing satellite dishes and I am disgusted with my $60 "classic" cable bill, what are the dish packages running per month these days? Who has the best service? I know loaded question right?

You might have luck with telling them you're considering switching. Two weeks ago we called our carrier and simply said "how do we go about returning the receiver boxes" and the person on the other line immediately went into a spiel trying to keep us as customers. Oh and miraculously they noticed that we conveniently qualified for a "free upgrade" too. So, in order to keep us, they picked up the cost for the new dish and two HD DVR receivers. NICE!

I'm saving that card for if I ever decide to go HD, and I won't settle for anything less than the HD TiVo for Directv that's supposed to be in the works.