35RFTW

What would you be willing to pay for exclusive track day  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What would you be willing to pay for exclusive track day

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it is all day or nothing with you guys huh? I can look into rates for that, but I know it is going to be no less that $150 for sure though.

Unless you allowed people to run 2 classes or something...But then you are talking about a crowded track... I looked at renting out tracks and Mid OH is one of the most expensive if not THE most expensive in the Mid West

Unless you allowed people to run 2 classes or something...But then you are talking about a crowded track... I looked at renting out tracks and Mid OH is one of the most expensive if not THE most expensive in the Mid West

+1 i did some checking a while back and ya its crazy expensive...

I understand guys. This is our first go around with this type of event. I am working with another member and going to look at Grattan as well to attempt at making the cost lower with a full track day.

Grattan is a hike and a lot are already going up there for an STT event that Monte is setting up...

Have you looked at Nelson Ledges in Ohio?

A half day might be good for the guys who just want to try a track for the first time and plan on riding to the track and rolling on thier street tires not the guys with warmers and generators and trailers and tires to change out .... but there's only a few taste testers on here

A half day might be good for the guys who just want to try a track for the first time and plan on riding to the track and rolling on thier street tires not the guys with warmers and generators and trailers and tires to change out .... but there's only a few taste testers on here

You don't need all of that for an aggressive day at the track. I take a sport touring bike out, without warmers. Just give it a lap or two before you push. And enjoy the hell out of it!:p

I love my tire warmers:cool:

Ok well I think I've found the group of people I'm looking for... I'm trying to get out to the track...My leathers are on the way...I've been to Deal's Gap about 5 times and have been improving my riding. Not enough though..I want to go to a track with Keith Codes book and do some "lab work".

When and where?! Problem is that the guy I used to trailer my bike around with sold his truck and trailer. I'll rent a Uhaul if I have to. I'm pretty much there. Try to make it as soon as possible though. heh heh

Oh and one more thing...I was searching for a thread about it but is there a cheat sheet like check list that I can go over for getting my bike track prepped? I have looked on the NESBA site and saw a list of requirements but it doesn't really tell ya which bolts need to be safety wired or which caps exactly. Any Track Guru's out there wanna help me out with that? i wanna try to get it out of the way while there's still snow keeping me off my bike.

Nevermind this...I just found the thread I'm looking for.... http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=18368

Edited by CaptainKeyes
Found it! Oops.

Problem is that the guy I used to trailer my bike around with sold his truck and trailer

Thanks to "that guy", who actually does own a more than capable trailer, your "my bike" ass is riding an 08 R6. I think you forgot to mention that part.

WTF? Think next time before you throw him under the bus.

I'm thinkin' I should review the possibility of dealing with a noob throwing a perfectly good bike down the track.

I have looked on the NESBA site and saw a list of requirements but it doesn't really tell ya which bolts need to be safety wired or which caps exactly.

I have never seen ANY trackday's Beginner or Novice group require anything more than running water+water wetter instead of antifreeze. (and even that's kind of rare)

the rest is just taping over lights, and removing mirrors. Most also make an exception for mirrors with integrated signals, but they'll ask you to tape the mirrors as well.

I consider "basic" safety wiring to include:

- oil plug

- oil cap

- oil filter

- radiator cap

And it's never a bad idea to zip-tie your kick-stand, passenger pegs, center stand, etc. in the "up" position.

Thanks to "that guy", who actually does own a more than capable trailer, your "my bike" ass is riding an 08 R6. I think you forgot to mention that part.

WTF? Think next time before you throw him under the bus.

I'm thinkin' I should review the possibility of dealing with a noob throwing a perfectly good bike down the track.

Nope I just thought you sold it....and I never said you weren't coming along. I mentioned you in another thread anyway.

Edited by CaptainKeyes
deleted

I have never seen ANY trackday's Beginner or Novice group require anything more than running water+water wetter instead of antifreeze. (and even that's kind of rare)

the rest is just taping over lights, and removing mirrors. Most also make an exception for mirrors with integrated signals, but they'll ask you to tape the mirrors as well.

I consider "basic" safety wiring to include:

- oil plug

- oil cap

- oil filter

- radiator cap

And it's never a bad idea to zip-tie your kick-stand, passenger pegs, center stand, etc. in the "up" position.

Thanks man. I'll look into getting spares for these just in case so I don't mess up the originals

• 4 weeks later...
Grattan is a hike and a lot are already going up there for an STT event that Monte is setting up...

Have you looked at Nelson Ledges in Ohio?

Hey DubGuy can you gimme a link for the event that is being set up for Grattan?

I've found the one for Gingerman and am planning on getting to that one but I saw that Grattan was on April 17th I think...that's my B-Day and if I don't go to Deal's Gap I wanna go there with everyone for a track day.

Still working with Mid Ohio on this. If I can't get a full day for the right price, we just won't do it. I told them the prices other track days were going for and that they needed to make something happen.

Hey DubGuy can you gimme a link for the event that is being set up for Grattan?

I've found the one for Gingerman and am planning on getting to that one but I saw that Grattan was on April 17th I think...that's my B-Day and if I don't go to Deal's Gap I wanna go there with everyone for a track day.

http://www.sportbiketracktime.biz/TrackDetails.aspx?id=19