In need of assistance

mojOH

You’re invited to “Lucas’ Spaghetti Dinner”, a fundraising event at the Vineyard Community Church in Franklin on February 21 at 1:30 p.m. immediately following the 2nd service. This Sunday afternoon affair will benefit Lucas Dowell, a 3-year-old afflicted with Leukemia, 100% of all funds raised will be donated to Lucas and his family for their medical expenses. Tickets are $7 for adults and $4 for children

Above is the info . If you can make it, sweet! If not, I am trying to talk the family into setting up a paypal account for the people who cannot make it. If you need more info, reply here or pm me. If I get any more updates, I will let you all know!

Alright folks, heres the scoop. I am going to use my paypal account to accept donations for the family and then give the family a check at the dinner on the 21st, so if you feel so inclined to donate my paypal is

J_Lins at yahoo dot com

no, sorry... the whole thing looks like a scam, whether that was intended or not

It also isn't on the Vineyard Community Church event calender.

Thanks for the input. It isn't a scam and if you would like to discuss this privately through pm and I can link you to my facebook etc, feel free to. If not, please feel free not to check this thread again.

I trust Tom.

Everyone has a cause to promote (right?), but unless you've got another trusted senior member here vouching for you, I think you might barking up the wrong tree here asking for money in your first < 10 posts.

I understand my post count is low, I generally lurk here. You can also find me on assfaultjunkies, rideohio.org, svrider.com under the same username. I don't know the "senior members" here bc I've mostly been lurking, but there are many people who can "vouch for me" on the other sites. As I said earlier, if you would like to discuss this through pm I can send you my facebook info as well as more info about Lucas. But also as I said earlier, if you don't want to take part, feel free to not visit the thread again. I will not be offended either way, but I would prefer the message of a child's family in need not get dilluted by unfounded accusations.

A contact at Vineyard Community Church would help a lot.

Either a link or a phone number that people could call.

A fund set up at a local bank would also be a better way to do this.

Don't be upset if people are cautious, and err on the side of caution.

The event page on facebook (as you can see the creator is Mark Wolfinbarger)

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?v=feed&story_fbid=337521296223&id=712281846#!/event.php?eid=284460348478&ref=mf

Vineyard Church's facebook page (as you can see, Mark is the associate pastor)

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?v=feed&story_fbid=337521296223&id=712281846#!/pages/Franklin-OH/Vineyard-Community-Church-Franklin-Ohio/56429147351

From the Facebook page --->(937) 746-6569 I have never spoken to Mark. My involvement in the whole deal is Lucas' mother is best friends with a very good friend of mine. A couple of months ago when we were out to dinner, Lucas was in the hospital and the doctors did not think he would make it through the night. I think it is very special that he did and I can only imagine how his medical bills are mounting treating his leukemia. Since my good friend does not have a computer, I thought I would take it upon myself to reach out to those in the motorcycling community who could not make it to the dinner but felt compelled to donate and give them an outlet to do so. Yes, a fund at a local bank would be "better" but to be honest, I have no idea how to go about that and I already have the paypal and will be attending the dinner myself. I would never be upset for people erring on the side of caution, I don't appreciate how it was handled (would've prefered pm so that it didn't look so accusational), but so be it. Its done. Again I am trying not to dillute the message of a sick child's family in need.

I trust Tom.

Everyone has a cause to promote (right?), but unless you've got another trusted senior member here vouching for you, I think you might barking up the wrong tree here asking for money in your first < 10 posts.

+1. I mean...it's great if this is real, and everything works out. However asking people to donate...so quickly to your OWN paypal account is just...concerning. Anyone can create a fake facebook account...and post information.

I don't think you've even made an introduction thread. Have you? I'm not trying to be an ass...but no one here knows you, and what your about.

I would not join a website, or a forum...and in less than 20 posts...expect people to donate to my paypal account. I'm sorry.

• 1 month later...

Wish i had seen this earlier, Jim aka Mojoh is a stand up guy, friend, fellow rider.

I get being tentative but just calling someone out and calling it a scam! CMON

Thats why I lunk here and dont post a whole lot to begin with, I have seen a LOT of bashing in the past on stuff not meant to be anything other than trying.

Dont respond back to this i wont be checking it.

Wish i had seen this earlier, Jim aka Mojoh is a stand up guy, friend, fellow rider.

Thats why I lunk here and dont post a whole lot to begin with, I have seen a LOT of bashing in the past on stuff not meant to be anything other than trying.

Nobody said it was a scam.

the whole thing looks like a scam

I don't know him or you. There's no way I'd send money to a personal PayPal account without some sort of confirmation. Now if Vineyard Church had it up on their site, that's a different story. People are getting scammed every day. Without some sort of verification, you certainly cannot get upset when people questioned this. It isn't anything personal. If a newbie posted on any of those sites asking for money without any known members vouching, you'd all do the same thing.

Your ignorance is appalling. You honestly expect people to donate hard earned money to a paypal account, for a benefit? For a child we've never met? From a guy we've never met? That has less than 10 posts. Yeah...people don't pull scams like this everyday. :rolleyes: