NE spring meet

garysol1

I'm assuming this is the one everyone wanted to do- http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=5935+Canal+Road,+Cleveland,+OH+44125-4231+(Quaker+Steak+%26+Lube)&daddr=Riverview+Rd+to:Unknown+road+to:Cleveland+Metro+Pkwy%2FMeadows+Dr+to:Cleveland+Metro+Pkwy%2FMeadows+Dr+to:Valley+Pkwy+to:Riverview+Rd+to:Boston+Mills+Rd+to:Main+St%2FW+Streetsboro+Rd+to:Everett+Rd+to:Oak+Hill+Rd+to:41.168963,-81.603012+to:W+Steels+Corners+Rd+to:100+Cuyahoga+Falls+Industrial+Pkwy,+Peninsula,+OH+44264+(State+8+Motorcycles)+to:Akron+Cleveland+Rd%2FState+Rd+to:Truxell+Rd+to:Main+St%2FW+Streetsboro+Rd+to:Olde+8+Rd+to:Boston+Mills+Rd+W+to:W+Hines+Hill+Rd+to:Brandywine+Rd+to:Riverview+Rd+to:Main+St%2FW+Streetsboro+Rd&geocode=FRbAdwIdkHsi-yGSQUbhTkykIikV9qUTQuQwiDHqjeNi1IxZRA%3BFfXzdgIdKt0i-w%3BFb5zdgIdkNQi-w%3BFX1gdgIdpJgi-w%3BFRQ3dgIdP74i-w%3BFQQ4dgIdbZ4i-w%3BFZwrdgIdqjEj-w%3BFZ-bdQId4pki-w%3BFaZLdQIdsIYj-w%3BFUC8dAId_CYj-w%3BFaCJdAIdWAIj-w%3B%3BFeBNdAIdAH4j-w%3BFb9xdAId01sk-yFIHRf7hPB51g%3BFefJdAIdboIk-w%3BFVz2dAIdqyUk-w%3BFTg_dQIdmNgj-w%3BFUF2dQIdWk8k-w%3BFQ-BdQIddd8j-w%3BFeK9dQIdhq0j-w%3BFYThdQId-dMj-w%3BFWihdQIdBncj-w%3BFSRLdQId9ZMj-w&hl=en&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=11&sz=13&via=1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21&dirflg=h&sll=41.194544,-81.585331&sspn=0.072594,0.127888&num=10&ie=UTF8&ll=41.255614,-81.581383&spn=0.145053,0.255775&t=h&z=12

If we were going north I wouldn't even bother with a map. Living here for over 30 yrs and landscaping in the area for 15 of them I know just about every road worth knowing. The only part of the map ^ I really don't know all that well is whats west of River view rd. Everything else I've been on many times just not yet this year.

Since this will only be my second ride of the season I won't be going fast. I'm more worried about people getting bored or pushing the group. That's why I was hoping to run clean up. Whatever though. We'll make it work.

I'll use the route I posted ^

I'll be there with 2 friends (yes I have friends....)

Lost what GPS do you use? If you want to send me the route I'll load it into my gps and ride drag in case the group is big enough to get lost :)

I just got a Lowrance Xog from a friend and haven't played with routing that much. So far I like it.

There should be someone who is experienced with the area and has # of the other riders pulling up the rear. If the group is big enough we'll brake into two groups. Like I said before, I rarely do group rides and spend most of my time riding with 3 or 4 bikes. I did lead that Waterfall ride last year and there were no issues other than the guy who took off. That group wasn't really big and under control. As long as e have the same thing minus the rider who left without saying a word we'll be good. That really bothered me for some reason.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For everybody planning on coming to this ride and I'm leading.

With all this talk lately about group riding etiquette I want to make some things clear here and now. ;)

1. Do not ride off unless you tell someone first! It's really bothersome. :mad:

2. We will ride in stagger formation. If you have a problem with it don't ride in the group follow behind. Simple as that. :)

3. NO BULLSHIT! I don't want to deal with it and other people will not also. Lets just have a good ride and meet each other. :rulez:

4. We'll stop and wait for the group at any turn off or stop light/ signs. No splitting the group with other traffic. If it happens. Next place to pull over, we'll pull over. :nono:

5. Pace is going to to based on the road conditions and group as a whole. We'll see how many show up and how everyone is along the way. Plus my shoulder is never quite right. So my ride depends a lot on that. :violin:

6. If there is any grievance PLEASE take it up with the person you have the issue with. Don't come back here and make a big deal when you could have taken care of it when the issue happened. This happens almost every time I ride with a large group. We're all adults! ;)

7. I can't believe I'm typing this. :wtf:

8. Make sure you have gas before you arrive at QSL. With a group it's a pain to stop and fill up. If for some reason, I can tell whoever where there is a gas station. Just ask! Don't run outta gas! :nono:

9. Wear a helmet. :moo:

10. If you're comfortable pointing out edge traps and what not, do it. It might help out someone behind you. :smilieRR:

One more for the hell of it.

11. No passing in group unless you are waved by the rider you are passing. If you have to pass more than one make sure all of the riders your passing are aware of what you're doing before you do it. Not while you're doing it by the sound of your pipe and/or horn!

We'll talk when we get there. This is just to get the basics down. If you don't like it, Oh well. You wouldn't be the first. One thing I really don't want to ever deal with is someone getting hurt or killed on my part. I've been down at slow speed and believe you me it still hurts and wouldn't wish it on anyone.

If anyone else want to lead and is civilized I be more than happy to run clean up. If not and I lead we're going to have some rules. :rulez::eek::rulez::cool:

Edited by Lost1888

I'm thinking about going..not really wanting to sit in QSL for 2 hours though..I've got a lot going on. My man with the grey and yellow K12 will be riding in from Detroit sometime in the afternoon too...so I need to be back in Lorain around 5ish. I think.

Don't think I can make it to QSL but I maybe riding around the same area as you guys from looking at the route. I only have a couple of hours to ride before I have to do the family thing and Cuyahoga Valley National Park is close to my house and always a pleasant ride

I'm thinking about going..not really wanting to sit in QSL for 2 hours though..I've got a lot going on. My man with the grey and yellow K12 will be riding in from Detroit sometime in the afternoon too...so I need to be back in Lorain around 5ish. I think.

Just show up ~2... I think a bunch of us are going to be there a little after noon anyway

Are we stopping places to take ride pics?

We'll talk about all that kind of stuff at the meet. Depending on time and how often people want to stop we'll get some pictures somewhere in there. I'll have my camera always. I do plan on stopping at Brandywine Falls and in Peninsula for beverages, along with the stop at State 8. Any other stops will be along the side of the road or in a little park entrance type area.

Edited by Lost1888

Noone up here has any bulk stickers yet, we WILL have them at the Meet n Greet in July, if you can't wait until then click on freebies at the top of the page and send a SASE to Casper

See you saturday

ok, yeah im gonna do that i just wanted to see if anyone had some. no biggie...

You guys opposed to me possibly jumping in last minute? I've got a pretty crazy weekend coming up (good friend of mine died in a car accident yesterday, unsure of calling hours/funeral times) but if I can make it it would be nice to get out, ride and enjoy myself. I'd like to meet some local fellow riders because honestly I'm sick of riding by myself :p

That is if I can keep up with any of you - the GS doesn't pull too hard...

You guys opposed to me possibly jumping in last minute? I've got a pretty crazy weekend coming up (good friend of mine died in a car accident yesterday, unsure of calling hours/funeral times) but if I can make it it would be nice to get out, ride and enjoy myself. I'd like to meet some local fellow riders because honestly I'm sick of riding by myself :p

What part of NEO are you from?

You guys opposed to me possibly jumping in last minute? I'd like to meet some local fellow riders because honestly I'm sick of riding by myself :p

Just come on out.This is why we have meets. There will be all kinds of us out there. Get together and enjoy the ride.