This sucks!

DangBruhY

So I get in to work today before 6AM. (Usually there by 7) I also had to shovel my driveway before I left. Once I got to work, I had to get the guys to clear off the parking lot. My car couldn't go over the 2 foot high wall that was surrounding our lot.

Anyway, get in to work... Turn on the servers... (don't ask, long story) Get to my desk and I don't know why, but I looked at our web page... It said that no one is to report for duty any earlier than 10AM.

:eek:

Guess I'll be the first one going home....

So I get in to work today before 6AM. (Usually there by 7) I also had to shovel my driveway before I left. Once I got to work, I had to get the guys to clear off the parking lot. My car couldn't go over the 2 foot high wall that was surrounding our lot.

Anyway, get in to work... Turn on the servers... (don't ask, long story) Get to my desk and I don't know why, but I looked at our web page... It said that no one is to report for duty any earlier than 10AM.

:eek:

Guess I'll be the first one going home....

See and being early to work finally may pay off if you get to go home earlier.

Same here. I'm usually in at 6-6:30. No announcements are ever made before I leave the house. We were notified by email at 6:35am that we'd be closed for the entire day. So I left...

Some roads, even major roads, have not been cleared at all. This is a 4wd day, everyone else needs to be very careful.

Edited by ReconRat

I have a much shorter distance to travel to get to work than most on here, but some of the worst when it comes to them getting cleared. I got both cars out of the driveway.......Then Icame in to work.

I cleared the driveway yesterday, that way there's no rushing in the morning before work...

This is a 4wd day, everyone else needs to be very careful.

sometimes I find it hard not to laugh at statements like this...

there was a time (a pretty damn long time) when 4wd didn't exist. Even FRONT wheel drive wasn't really viable until 1967, and not not popular for several years after.

People still got around during the winter.

I realize the lower 80% of Ohio is getting pounded lately, but even in that horrible blizzard we had last year, my wife's neon was all we needed to get around. My truck was a bit worthless for a couple of days, but the neon would just push right through the snow, dragging the undercarriage as it went.

^ i didn't mean anything personal against those with 4wd, I jsut think it makes some people overconfident, and not having it scares some people unnecessarily.

4wd doesn't do jack shit to STOP you any faster, and once you're moving, it's pretty easy to KEEP moving.

that 40 car pile up in Kansas(?) wasn't caused by people being stuck - they couldn't stop in time.

^ i didn't mean anything personal against those with 4wd, I jsut think it makes some people overconfident, and not having it scares some people unnecessarily.

4wd doesn't do jack shit to STOP you any faster, and once you're moving, it's pretty easy to KEEP moving.

that 40 car pile up in Kansas(?) wasn't caused by people being stuck - they couldn't stop in time.

Yeah, ya right!