Bikes in a truck question

mrbret

I dont need the straps & stuff right now. I'm just thinking ahead. I want to get a truck & think it would be nice & easy to put the bikes in it if/when we go away etc. (Dragon tail, Daytona, Sturgis who knows)

Thanks for the offers though.

You should be fine if you have something in the middle to tie off on. I "was" going to put two bikes in my truck (dodge 1500) but I didnt have a tie-down in the center. I didnt feel like modifying my truck to add one.

^ i've never tried that, but it sounds like it would work.

Anyone ever put one bike in forward and the other in backward? I'm asking because I do have a Ranger, and the bed is quite a bit smaller.

But then again, so is my bike. I'd be looking to move two 500s or a 500 and a 250.

P.S., anyone with a hitch can rent a Uhaul motorcycle trailer for $15/day. That only holds one bike. their 5x8 trailer can only hold 580 lbs (or should)

so for $15, you can put ONE in the bed and one on the trailer if 2 in the bed makes you particularly nervous...