Ohio riders track day at gingerman $100

STT-Guy

ya i have to say.. that it was a fuggin circus out there... i mean serious 45 people in Intermediate? really?!

there were rumors floating around that Intermediate was over-booked by 20 people.

I know for a fact that while I was registering, Mike told Dennis that they needed "7 or 8" people to move up from "I" to "A."

I'm glad I jumped at that chance. The WERA novice on the green kawasaki without numbers, number 71 on the red bike, and the guy on the powder-blue R6(?) were INSANELY fast. But other than those three (and Dennis) stripping paint off me as they went by, I felt like I was solidly on pace.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there were rumors floating around that Intermediate was over-booked by 20 people.

I know for a fact that while I was registering, Mike told Dennis that they needed "7 or 8" people to move up from "I" to "A."

I'm glad I jumped at that chance. The WERA novice on the green kawasaki without numbers, number 71 on the red bike, and the guy on the powder-blue R6(?) were INSANELY fast. But other than those three (and Dennis) stripping paint off me as they went by, I felt like I was solidly on pace.

intermidiate had like 46 or so people in it i was told

hell novice had 35 people i thnk

APCH8R and his buddy on the CBR1000rr were in A

let me rephrase: If you were riding in "A," what did your bike look like :p

i'm trying to figure out who I might have ridden "with" and not realized it. My bike's not hard to spot, so I figure most people realize when they pass me.

i'm trying to figure out who I might have ridden "with" and not realized it. My bike's not hard to spot, so I figure most people realize when they pass me.

APCH8R had the dark green and white new style R6 number 19 i believe

i pitted beside him

i would like to say that the instructors from STT rocked. very friendly, and i got alot more learning out of the day than i did with NESBA.

they went more in depth with stuff and there training techniques helped alot.

i would like to say that the instructors from STT rocked. very friendly, and i got alot more learning out of the day than i did with NESBA.

Definitely very friendly (and fast) people.

I got zero feedback from any of the coaches on the track though. Seemed like they had their hands full dealing with the handful of riders who were a bit slower.

i thought the instructors were great, the ones that I spoke to. this is my second STT event and will do more with them. just hope I don't have to travel too awful far.mid oh would still be nice.

yeah, intermediate had a freight train look to turn 1 a lot. novice was a bit thick in spots to, which always ended up being 11, so we lost some good opportunity to work on entering and exiting that corner well. but i guess that's nitpicking. still had a great time, though that had a lot to do with our OR gang there. still feel shitty for cooter as I saw him sitting there in the session knowing that probably happened behind me somewhere.

Don't feel shitty for me it was my fault. I had made the turn thought I could. lean a lil more get my knee down. I was wrong shoulda stopped pushing my limit. Heck shouldn't have pushed any limits. Oh well its all good. I'm fine bikes ok.

I was on the mainly Black with white tank CBR600rr with yellow plates #305. I uploaded the old pic/bodywork into my avatar. The track was difficult to learn at first, but after a few sessions with a coach to tow me around the lines over and over and it made sense finally.

Edited by SJC1000rr

I have to agree, the mood and style of teaching was good and light hearted but serious about getting the basics down. I just wish we would have been able to pass some people instead of getting passed most of the time. But like I said previously, I should have asked to move up a group but I felt like I needed to babysit RVT.

All the instructors were cool except for that blue03636 prick. He kept following me around the paddock trying to give me the reach around. Guess he road in with some real winners to keep it up at the track.

RVT you were looking good out there, and no there was no sandwitch.

thanks man. i was working on my lines all day long and I would string together 2,3 maybe 4 laps, then blow a line and it would cost me the next corner. then again, that's why I was out there, to learn. its cool though to see your mates getting better as the day goes on. i saw plently of that myself with a lot of our guys there.

coot, i get all about the pushing. i pushed myself in a couple places that i should have done better in, and thankfully had room to recover. had i made those mistakes elsewhere on the track, i probably would not have been as fortunate.

i really couldnt find a group that fit me.. hell i started in the last group.. then while riding my CR sent me with a faster group.. i think 3?? that was a little to fast a pace at that time.. i think 2nd or 3rd session... then got moved to 6, to slow, up to 5 , still a little slow, but stayed there anyway.

but i like i said i got alot out of the day... i was just concentrating on what they were teaching.. and actually got to use the techniques, and i feel alot more confident on the bike now.

But like I said previously, I should have asked to move up a group but I felt like I needed to be babysat by RVT.

Fixed that for ya. You know I meant to tell you that your leathers, while fitting fit and snugly, do a nice job of concelaing your tampon string.

thanks man. i was working on my lines all day long and I would string together 2,3 maybe 4 laps, then blow a line and it would cost me the next corner. then again, that's why I was out there, to learn. its cool though to see your mates getting better as the day goes on. i saw plently of that myself with a lot of our guys there.

coot, i get all about the pushing. i pushed myself in a couple places that i should have done better in, and thankfully had room to recover. had i made those mistakes elsewhere on the track, i probably would not have been as fortunate.

i agree you looked pretty good out there..

i followed you a few laps that last session i was out. i kept trying to find a spot to pass there at the end... couldnt get around ya till i think turn 11... i just drove a little harder out of the corner to make sure i had enough speed to pass ya

but you looked like you needed someone to relieve some stress

Must be something with all you CORE guys.

I should have tucked in behind RVT and followed him around so I could give him some more feedback. I do remember him getting towed by Tea and just before every corner she kept smackin' her ass. Must have been some code for Steve that she wanted it in all those corners.

Must be something with all you CORE guys.

I should have tucked in behind RVT and followed him around so I could give him some more feedback. I do remember him getting towed by Tea and just before every corner she kept smackin' her ass. Must have been some code for Steve that she wanted it in all those corners.

that chick was pretty cool..

"lick the bar"

Definitely very friendly (and fast) people.

I got zero feedback from any of the coaches on the track though. Seemed like they had their hands full dealing with the handful of riders who were a bit slower.

Did you approach anyone and ask for assistance or feedback? Unless you speak up then they aren't going to know you need help.

i really couldnt find a group that fit me.. hell i started in the last group.. then while riding my CR sent me with a faster group.. i think 3?? that was a little to fast a pace at that time.. i think 2nd or 3rd session... then got moved to 6, to slow, up to 5 , still a little slow, but stayed there anyway.

but i like i said i got alot out of the day... i was just concentrating on what they were teaching.. and actually got to use the techniques, and i feel alot more confident on the bike now.

I didn't realize you wound up in our group in the last session or two. I didn't really see or pass anyone in our group (5) once they let us go. Actually I think I might have followed you out the pit lane the very last session.

i agree you looked pretty good out there..

i followed you a few laps that last session i was out. i kept trying to find a spot to pass there at the end... couldnt get around ya till i think turn 11... i just drove a little harder out of the corner to make sure i had enough speed to pass ya

and that was one reason i wanted to work on my lines. i know that when they got bad, i was blocking folks, and i hate to have done that. i needed to be more cognizant of that in the environment i was in yesterday and found spots to give up the line. my bad.