you aint gotta be bright to be in politics

420gsxr1000

you should always replace all three!!! front/rear and chain!!! or you will just hook whatever is new with the old stuff still on there :)

Even if this setup last him 1000 miles it would probably be 2 years before he puts that many miles on the bike. He has 14 or 15 bikes I think.:D

Even if this setup last him 1000 miles it would probably be 2 years before he puts that many miles on the bike. He has 14 or 15 bikes I think.:D

I think you and I are equal on toys right now..

I dis-agree with changing all 3.. thats just overkill. sprockets get changed all day long at the track based purely on track layout whether its front or rear. No need to change all at once.

I think you and I are equal on toys right now..

I dis-agree with changing all 3.. thats just overkill. sprockets get changed all day long at the track based purely on track layout whether its front or rear. No need to change all at once.

+1 on the overkill. maybe when you have money to blow every time you change them get all three. you should go through 2 rear for 1 front.

ok...lets factor in the miles used then......i put on at least 5,000 on the street so YEA, when i change, i change em all!!!! as for the $$$$ fuck the $$$ its all for the fun of the toys!!! :)

only 5,000 miles??? Hell I don't change my chain and sprockets till at least 10k miles.

I just went +2 on the rear sprocket with out changing chain and front. Now when I am ready for a chain I will be going to 520 chain and -1 +2 on the sprockets on the street 1k.

Hell I had 3+ years on one sprocket on my race bike.

Hahahahahah:lol: Depends on if its steel or not.....and its stock right? Would you only change the chain in a timing gear for a car and not everything else chain and gears?Anybody can get 10,000 miles out of a chain and sprocket "steel only" and never went over 7,000 rpm....Look very close at your sprockets If you ride hard it will hook and be unsafe.