Motorcycle alarms (possible group buy)

mrbret

I agree... I think disc locks and alarms are silly on bikes anyway... When's the last time you heard someone's car alarm going off and didn't even bother to look? Like 500 times in the past year for me.

Disc locks... You think someone's going to piss around for 5 minutes trying to hotwire your bike and ride away with it? Nope, the guy and his 3 buddies are going to grab the thing, toss it in the back of a truck, and get the fluck out of there...

Bottom line... if someone wants your bike, they will get it.

this is an awesome commercial for someone looking for a vehicle to cart their bike around in. its like buying a truck/enclosed trailer all in one!

the nice thing is the perimeter alarm, before it moves or they put their hands on it there is a nice chirp warning. if they don't move away then it goes into full alarm. where i live right now when i ride to school in the morning my bike stays outside. it is cabled and a heavy steel chain on it to my front a arm and rear axle of my car. and it is covered with a lock on the cover, so a dirt bag lowlife thief would have to use bolt cutters on the cable for my cover and front rim, then get something super heavy duty for the rear chain all while my alarm is going off. there have been a few times i have had to run downstairs in my Calvin Klein undies and see what the hell is going on. a couple times it was rain moving my cover, 1 time my cover was gone and twice i have gone out with my glock 23c and chased some fucker around my apartments. 1 time i called the cops and they got him in the condos next door with 2 stolen bikes in the garage. i had to interview with the prosecutor and his attorney on that one.

if i had no alarm i would be 1 bike down right now, as far as out riding it is nice but it wont stop a determined thief. we tend to lock bikes together at bike week and biketoberfest, using the hope that if you make it a harder a thief will look for the next target that is easier.

i also have lo jack with full monitoring so if it does go bye bye it can e tracked until it is stripped but at least i will know where it went first.

if you have spare money for piece of mind it is not a bad investment at all

here is a pic of my chain and 20mm cable

HARD-WIRE-CABLE.jpg

FAHGETTABOUDIT.jpg

I hope your couch is comfortable because I have a feeling you and the barking rat will be sleeping there for awhile.

No, the barking rat comes with me.

Im on a plane saturday and will be gone for two weeks. So no couch for me I may get stuck in one of the extra bedrooms for a night though.

You're absolutely right when you say "no couch for me" because the couch is mine. If you're planning on staying in one of the extra bedrooms, you're staying on the floor, because the furniture in there also belongs to me. Best of luck to you.

The rebuttal doesn't win. This is why:

1. I pay my own bills (thankyouverymuch).

2. He would still have to use utilities whether I was here or not.

3. I also have my own house to live in if I so choose.

4. Two weeks in Thailand and the R1 is titled to me. If he wants me to pay his utility bills I'll gladly sell it.

:plus1:

If someone steals mine I hope they total it or it never finds it's way back to me. The bike won't feel the same after it's been violated by someone else.

If someone steals my bike I will be in jail for murder.

+1000 to both of these...yeah i think the bike would never feel the same again

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...