10/28/07 Ride

yotaman88210

This is a tentative thread.... But if the weather is nice enough friday when I get off work, I will be riding down to Cincy for a friends party. I have a party fri and sat, both at night obviously. So I am looking to ride maybe sat afternoon and for sure on Sunday.

As long as its not really nasty friday around 5pm, I will ride down. I have a rain suit that fits over my leathers so a little rain wont hurt. As of now, weather.com say SUNDAY will be SUNNY! Let me know if anyone is interested in showing me some good roads in your area! I know a few, but Im sure you know more! :D

damn I'd ask to tag along but it's only going to be 55. I'll wait and see what it's actually like before I ask to tag along.

chris make sure you take him down 165 and then turn right on 62 for maybe a mile or two to right on 1504. both are some fantasic roads. 1504 will bring you back to 62. you can take that right to 19. go down 19 a few miles to left on 539 (539 is a goat path, so be cautious) this will bring you back to Rt22. left to falmouth. right to Rt 10.

(you probaly already know all this.)

I have only been on 165 once and we were going to got down and back up, but didn't make it very far on the way back.

I ended up having to dodge a flying bike GSXR 1000, and ended up short cutting home to get the car to head to the Hospital.

But if it is that cool I may just run him down 10 to 22 though I really don't want to hit 22 with all the issues I have heard the last few months.

But your route may be a good way.

im busy all weekend, i got chris' number, ill call him if i free up

Sounds good man! As of now I am still planning on riding Sunday. I have to ride back sunday night to C-bus so I need to be on the way back by 5 or 6. I gots to work at 6am on mon. :(

Damn, flying gixxers and goats, these roads sounds badass! Haha. I'd like to avoid shitty condition roads. those scare me! I just hope it is warm enough for our tires to be sticky!! :D

I will probably drop my pressures down once we get out there for more grip.

Drop them down to 34/34 should get them warmed up.

I have only been on 165 once and we were going to got down and back up, but didn't make it very far on the way back.

I ended up having to dodge a flying bike GSXR 1000, and ended up short cutting home to get the car to head to the Hospital.

But if it is that cool I may just run him down 10 to 22 though I really don't want to hit 22 with all the issues I have heard the last few months.

But your route may be a good way.

10 and 22 suck compared to 165 and 1504. both are deserted mostly and perfect surfaces. no blind bends etc..

perfect for some good riding. it's actually the 2 best I've ridden in kentucky around here. in my opinion.

personally, doing the same road over again is risky. you just came blasting through and now headed in the same direction a cop might be if someone called on you. if you know what I mean:D

if any new riders plan on meeting up with the guys, just ride your own ride, these roads are not beginer type roads.

dang dude, theres one road out there of of 10, its as wide as a bike trail, runs for at least fifteen miles, brand new pavement, no traffic, no gravel, no driveways, twisty as crap. im trying to find it on google maps. i could ride that back and forth all day.

10 and 22 suck compared to 165 and 1504. both are deserted mostly and perfect surfaces. no blind bends etc..

perfect for some good riding. it's actually the 2 best I've ridden in kentucky around here. in my opinion.

personally, doing the same road over again is risky. you just came blasting through and now headed in the same direction a cop might be if someone called on you. if you know what I mean:D

if any new riders plan on meeting up with the guys, just ride your own ride, these roads are not beginer type roads.

I won't be blasting anything in these temps. Just a nice smooth pace is all I will be doing. I try and make a screw driver handy and play with the suspension some. I am having trouble getting the front end stabilzed on this one.

But yeah 165 was good, but almost too open. One reason I like 227 is you can run 60 ish and just be content leaning back and forth, or you bump it up 80 ish and be real bad.