10/28/07 Ride

yotaman88210

Yota had to go meet someone in Indy, but a buddy and I didn't run the route as it was Cold. Even with 2 layers and my winter riding jacket I couldn't warm up.

We ran 17 to 27 then into Falmouth. Took the road at the bottom of the run to KinKaid lake over to 10. Then back to 22 and into Falmouth. Then we just hit back 27 to Alexandria and split there.

too cold??? I had a tshirt and my perforated suit on. I kind of thought it was a bit chilly but not too bad.

hey by the way, do you know rob hancock? I'm thinking there was a day I drove up to putnam to hang out with rob, mike, and john at the cycle options track day back in april or something. was that you on the gsxr with a orange rear rim?

I don't know I used to ride to school when it was 40 out all through winter. But right now I just get cold easy, and can't have much fun when your cold.. There really isn't any fun riding when all you are thinking is man is it cold. That and I never rode hard enough to warm up either.

I need stop running 22 that direction as I have never liked it... That and I hate that section between 10 and Falmouth.

chris, have you ever been riding out in green/ross township? alot of short roads, lots of stop signs, but easily the best riding within a half hour of our houses. There are lots of parts with gravel, and jacked up roads, but for the most part theyre great roads

chris, have you ever been riding out in green/ross township? alot of short roads, lots of stop signs, but easily the best riding within a half hour of our houses. There are lots of parts with gravel, and jacked up roads, but for the most part theyre great roads
Speaking of the Ross area roads, just a heads up on a lot of the roads South and West of Okeana and Shandon (particularly Alert New London). Recently gravel/patch sealed and VERY unpleasant. ;) My favorite road in this area though, Millville-Reily Rd, is still in great shape and clean. Ironically, it's between Millville and Reily. Duh, Hehe.... anyway, I'm sure you've been on it before. Only a few miles, but lots of nice sweepers. Also assuming that you know about Old Colerain (between Colerain/US27 and River Rd just outside of Ross), right?

Speaking of the Ross area roads, just a heads up on a lot of the roads South and West of Okeana and Shandon (particularly Alert New London). Recently gravel/patch sealed and VERY unpleasant. ;) My favorite road in this area though, Millville-Reily Rd, is still in great shape and clean. Ironically, it's between Millville and Reily. Duh, Hehe.... anyway, I'm sure you've been on it before. Only a few miles, but lots of nice sweepers. Also assuming that you know about Old Colerain (between Colerain/US27 and River Rd just outside of Ross), right?

They did this last winter. Made for a boring ride just trying to stay verticle with all the gravel.

They did this last winter. Made for a boring ride just trying to stay verticle with all the gravel.
While normally the gravel would not bother me too much on my Trophy, I happened to be on my Speed-4 at the time when I came up on it. It wasn't just a few patches here and there, it was everywhere (corners too) and very loose. There are several other roads in the area, as I'm sure you've noticed, that have been freshly paved. The felt a little "greasy" at first, but over the past few weeks have become a dream.

While normally the gravel would not bother me too much on my Trophy, I happened to be on my Speed-4 at the time when I came up on it. It wasn't just a few patches here and there, it was everywhere (corners too) and very loose. There are several other roads in the area, as I'm sure you've noticed, that have been freshly paved. The felt a little "greasy" at first, but over the past few weeks have become a dream.

Yeah I know what you are talking about I went and every corner had 1-2 ft wide rows of pea gravel all the way across the corners, and sometimes multiple rows across.

I found that my favorite section of Stillwell-Beckett has been paved. Made me wish I had my knee sliders on when I saw it...