5th Annual DTC Anniversary Ride to New River Gorge, June 12th

Fonzie

Yah.... it's gonna need to be 75-100 miles between stops.....

Likwid's cwoozer doesn't get such wonderful gas mileage ;)

Dude.... You got a Sportster with a peanut tank or sumpthin?? :nono:

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated list.....

Tentative Roster:

Sam

Sam

Likwid + the Fraulein

Duane "Magley"

Beaver Cleaver

BenYen.... He got home Friday

Mark "Fox Racing Guy"

Matt "CMH Sprint"

Jagr

Me

Todd "1000rrrider"

Ben & Carie

jPorter

MaxPower Shawn

If that Todd "1000rrMofo" is going, count me out. He's a f'n squid... :D

Actually, I'm pretty sure I'm going, even if 1000rrMofo goes.

I'm thinkin he needs to get a small gas can to put in his saddle bags in case he runs out of fuel :nono:

That might make him nervous though if the Fraulein is holding it :jewish:

Might make her have genetic hereditary flashbacks too nazi.gif

Has a decision been made on the cowlumbus meat place yet? I was going to suggest maybe the Pony...

Yeah.... It's in the other thread on DTC board. Lookin' at Marathon in front of QSL @ 270/71.... Then taking one of those 2 down to pick up 33 again on SE side of cBus

Edited by Fonzie

I think we should make it the Marysville McDeez. Whureva that is. That's where CMH and Gojira are meating up.

This is all discussed in the other thread

Sams, Matt & me are meating Marysville. However that would be out of way for NEO'ers coming from Cleveland area, thus why Sam & I thought QSL would be more convenient for them.... Unless they tell us otherwise

Yeah.... It's in the other thread on DTC board. Lookin' at Speedway? in front of QSL @ 270/71.... Then taking one of those 2 down to pick up 33 again on SW side of cBus

Easy enough, even a bit closer to me! I got overwhelmed in the DTC board thread, due to it's length. Sort of like the ladies with my... Oops... I had better not let the secret out... Shh...

Marathon in front of QSL. Time estimate? Or do I have to go over to the DTC thread? :lol:

Edit: I took my laziness over to the DTC board, and I see the 9:45 - 10:00 time for cbus. So best to be there around 9:30 to fill up, chill out for a few, etc...

Edited by jporter12

I got overwhelmed in the DTC board thread, due to it's length.

Here's a helpful hint.....

The most recent information is in the last posts.... Work backwards from there ;)

Here's a helpful hint.....

The most recent information is in the last posts.... Work backwards from there ;)

Too much like work! :lol:

I'll remember that on the next ride I throw together that you attempt to attend.

Uh oh... I think someone didn't take their happy pills today!

Marathon in front of QSL. Time estimate? Or do I have to go over to the DTC thread? :lol:

Edit: I took my laziness over to the DTC board, and I see the 9:45 - 10:00 time for cbus. So best to be there around 9:30 to fill up, chill out for a few, etc...

It's a Tim Hortons as well JP.

Meat @ 10-10:15.... Leave by 10:30

If QSL is a problem, some of us could meat at the BP, & others at the Shell icon_twisted.gif

9:30 may be a bit early, but that's up to you. I'm thinkin' it'll take ~45 mins to get from Marysville to QSL

I'm gonna have to try and figure out the time frame on the ride and play some serious high speed catch up. I've got class till 1700 but we've got out as early as 1400. I'll prolly ride to class and shoot a text to one of you for a location and start haulin ballz as soon as I'm out.

I'm gonna have to try and figure out the time frame on the ride and play some serious high speed catch up. I've got class till 1700 but we've got out as early as 1400. I'll prolly ride to class and shoot a text to one of you for a location and start haulin ballz as soon as I'm out.

The map link I posted on the DTC board shows about 4 hours/215 miles down 33 to the NRG bridge. I'm guesstimating we'll get down there sometime around 3:30'ish if we're havin' to fuel stop every 100 miles.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Columbus,+OH&daddr=New+River+Gorge+Bridge,+Fayetteville,+WV+25840&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=39.453161,-79.82666&sspn=3.859308,10.821533&ie=UTF8&ll=39.010648,-82.040405&spn=1.942008,5.410767&z=8

Also, Jase says 33's all new from Athens down.... Mostly 2 lanes & scenic now that it rides along the tops of the ridges, instead of the valleys like it used to

Couple hours to sightsee/ride the bridge a couple times/pictures/ride the old road down below it that Mark mentions/pictures, etc, & then start lookin' for someplace to eat. I prefer local flavor for these rides.... Not some chain you can get anywhere

Edited by Fonzie

Got cell service there so I can find ya'll?

No clue Todd..... I've never been down there before

Have to rely on Mark for that question

m2vhelp.gif Pinging FoxRacingGuy

Just wanted to re-post this as a refresher for this ride......

Squids need not apply! We're NOT dysfunctional in that regard. We all wheelie now & then, and/or sometimes get into a curve too hot. We wouldn't be riding these kinds of bikes if we didn't like to hit it once in awhile. What we don't need or want, is anyone who's gonna stunt in the group/ride over their head trying to show off.....Thereby endangering the safety of the public, &/or our pack, &/or drawing unwanted/unnecessary LEO attention to all of us. If you can't understand the difference between the two....Then we're probably not the group for you

Furthermore....If the group feels you're crossin' any of these lines when you're out with us....Don't be surprised or offended if/when we ask you to ride somewhere else

Like I always say when we're planning a ride......As long as everyone has fun, & returns home in the same shape they left.......I call it a good day