Track Boots

600ZZ4eb

What up folks!

I hope to get my first track day in this year and i want to know if your track boots have to have toe sliders on them? I'm looking to get an entry level pair of boots that will be work for beginner track days and street riding.....no more then or as close to $250 as possible. Any suggestions or info would be great!

Thanks

E

different orgs have different rules for boots, but "over the ankle" is the basic requirement. if you have leather work-boots, they'll ask you to tape the laces up.

STG has the Teknic "chicane" for $143.

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Categories.bok?category=TEKNIC+APPAREL:Boots

I think that's what I have, but I got last year's model for like $99 on clearance at Iron Pony.

i know I saw 'my' boot at IP on clearance for $79 shortly thereafter, but they only had yellow left :-p

Well that's better than i thought. Those boots are nice too, i was looking at AXO Primato II boots that are about the same price

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/36/21504/ITEM/AXO-Primato-II-Boots.aspx

And these two sidi boots

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/36/28168/ITEM/Sidi-Fusion-Boot.aspx

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/36/105/ITEM/Sidi-Strada-Evo-Air-Boots.aspx

I was all for the axo and then i was talking to a nice guy from IP and he was giving me the lowdown on boots.....more stuff to think about so now i figured i'd just start asking around first.....

TCX - The all black ones are always first to go.... :-(

I have also been looking at the Mx-5 and like those as well.....so many decisions....

i want to know if your track boots have to have toe sliders on them?

No they do not. I have never touched a toe slider unless I'm falling off. The falling off scenario is why you need to buy yourself motorcycle specific boots. All the suggestions so far have been adequate except I don't really like the idea of track riding in work boots even at the beginning level. It is allowed but not recommended.

I have me a pair of them fruity white boots too...

No they do not. I have never touched a toe slider unless I'm falling off. The falling off scenario is why you need to buy yourself motorcycle specific boots. All the suggestions so far have been adequate except I don't really like the idea of track riding in work boots even at the beginning level. It is allowed but not recommended.

I have me a pair of them fruity white boots too...

Really? My toe slider hits all the time... Must be foot positioning or my rear set positioning...

This could be correct or I'm just slow. I didn't mean to suggest I was doing it right or better than anyone just that toe sliders weren't the reasoning behind track boots.

And I by no means am faster than you..I can almost assure you, that you are faster.. I was just wondering why mine were scrapin... In our pics in the avatars you can tell u are leaned over more, and your toe is still farther from the ground... Might be time to move my rearsets up

You may not need to change your rear sets if keeping your toe sliders off the ground is important to you. I always change my inside foot position so that the ball or toes are on the peg. I don't weigh with my inside leg when I do this and in some circles this is not correct. I'm not necessarily right but it works for me.

not sure about the white joints, but i like the quality that comes along with them.....wrong time of year to get big discounts on gear i like... :(

Thanks for the info though guys. Ya'll top notch in my book.

goddamnit, I want to jump on the TCX deal but I can't try on anything similar (other TCX's or Oxtars) over here to get sizing right. My Setup's (Sidi) that I have ran a half-size large, can anyone tell me what sizing is on the TCX's?

Really? My toe slider hits all the time... Must be foot positioning or my rear set positioning...

It's that toe sticking out as seen in your avatar. Chicken wings need tucked up on the peg. Get on the balls of your foot, mang!;)

goddamnit, I want to jump on the TCX deal but I can't try on anything similar (other TCX's or Oxtars) over here to get sizing right. My Setup's (Sidi) that I have ran a half-size large, can anyone tell me what sizing is on the TCX's?

IMO the sizing runs true for TCX. I wear a 10.5 in a dress shoe, that size in the TCX is nice and snug.

24343_339795443349_826198349_3443272_4195874_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I personally wouldnt wear a regular boot at all. Not only are they not as protective.. they look stupid at the bottom of race leathers. as for toe sliders.. Get boots with sliders. My toes were the first thing to drag on the track, because of my poor foot and body position while learning. I even upgraded to metal sliders after I trashed the original plastics..I love me Alpinestars SMX Plus. a bit more pricy than your looking for, but Ive had them for around 6 years, and they still are in great shape. I take care of my shit though. thats why all of my stuff is old... paid for, but old.

You dont get the ankle protection an actual track boot gives if you wear regular work boots.

I just picked up a pair of barely used Sidi Vertigos on the WERA forums for less than $200.

Picture going into a turn too hot or just trying to lean too much and lowsiding your bike. Would you rather be wearing track boots with a load of ankle protection or a pair of leather work boots?