Bikes 2 NV

TopLeft

I chanced upon this business (270 and East Broad Street, just North of Mt Carmel Hospital) and was given the fifty-cent tour. Lots of chrome work, both standard and "black", with a video on their site (www.bikes2nv.com about the hammer test. They also sell tires and various accessories. Al let me snap a few pics of a custom paint job, taken with iPhone so not sure about the focus. He told me they used to be in Whitehall but recently moved. Just a FYI...

The owner has a nice custom Mean Streak. I had my dyno tune done there last year. They haven't done me wrong, but I only had the dyno tune done. If I was a member of OR back then I probably wouldn't have had the tune done there.

Wow, really? I had no idea. Just spilling out info. I'm curious about what they've done/not done to get the rep.

I've told my story and others have told theirs before. If you really want to know, PM me.

Just trust that there are better places to spend your hard earned money on bike work here on town that will earn you better results for a much better price.

I searched and found my original review of Chrome2NV was lost in the great crash, so I rewrote it here for the masses to see. I want to be sure everyone knows my story and why you should avoid Bikes2NV at all costs.

Following is the readers digest version:

Search bikes2nv and you will come up with all kinds of negative feedback in various threads. Mine appears to have been lost in the great crash. Anyways, I had met Al around town and thought he was a pretty cool guy. When a dude pulled out in front of me and I had to dump my bike to avoid t-boning him, I took my bike to Al for a repair estimate. With explicit instructions that if he gave me a good estimate, I'd buy some parts from him, but would be doing the work myself.

He gives me a $4500 estimate, (which I later find out I would have gotten anyway) and orders a bunch of repair parts without asking me. One being a $1200 Hindle exhaust system that we discussed, but I didnt give him the go ahead to order. I told him to order the handle bars (a $30 part I agreed to pay him $80 for installed) and pegs and a few odds and ends. All stuff I could have easily ordered and installed, but I was trying to give the guy some business for doing the estimate.

I go to check on the bike and its in pieces, covered on dust and shoved in a corner. He says they had to tear it down to do the estimate and they will put it back together once all the parts have been installed. More than a month later, (winter) he calls and says all the parts are installed and I can come get it. I was about to order an exhaust, but wanted to talk to him about which one to get. Turns out I didnt have to since when I get there, there is a Hindle full system on it that I didnt agree to.

The fuckin ins. guy issues the check in both our names, so I have to be somewhat cool with the dickhead.

He has the bike for well over a month, and in that time he put on a drag bar, grips, left side pegs and an exhaust system and jet kit for a grand total of, get this, of $3000!!!

I was ready to kill that prick. On top of that, he wants to charge me more to dyno it! He installs the jet kit, but didnt dyno it to check his work!! To say the least, it was rich off the charts. He put the biggest jets in the kit on it and figures its cool. You can smell the unspent fuel coming out of the pipe as its running.

I wasnt going to give him another dime to work on my shit, so I took it home, later changing the jets myself.

That motherfucker is a crook. Plain and simple.

i have heard about 100 bad stories about the place and went to check it out and heard him arguing with a customer . I wouldnt go there if the parts he was installing where free ! Just words of wisdom " Please know who is working on your shit because at 150 mph one overlooked part or something installed wrong and its your funeral"

I have seen the owner and some custom jobs his shop has completed at our bike nights. He seems to be a nice guy. I am sure that there are two sides to every story

there's lots of people that put on grand facades while ripping people off mercilessly