Getting ready for spring...

FocusDave01

...anyone have a good shop to take there bike to have it inspected and prepped for summer? I called Ohio Motorcycle and there quoting just under 300 but if i need spark plugs gonna be over 300. Which doesnt sound to bad but also need my rear tire balanced. Any suggestions?

Getting a bike prepped for spring isn't too challenging, and with a stand you can get the wheel off and take it to be balanced. Looking at $25.00. That would mean $275 worth of PBR's left for you.

if you still lived around the corner from me, i would have came over tonight and did it, but nooo. haha

but anyways, its really easy man, take the tank and air box cover off, pull the wires off the sparkplugs, and use a deep well socket and an extension.

i usually change my oil at the beginning of winter and spring, check all the basic stuff, chain, tire pressures, etc. and you are good to go

if you still lived around the corner from me, i would have came over tonight and did it, but nooo. haha

but anyways, its really easy man, take the tank and air box cover off, pull the wires off the sparkplugs, and use a deep well socket and an extension.

i usually change my oil at the beginning of winter and spring, check all the basic stuff, chain, tire pressures, etc. and you are good to go

I agree. DIY.

Change oil and plugs.

Tension chain - inspect for wear/rust.

Tire pressure checked.

Fresh gas and go! :D

Plugs will last a long time on a bike unless its not running right and fouls them. If you need them, dont buy them at a stealership. Find out what kind you need and buy them at the autoparts store. WAAAAAY cheaper.

Plugs will last a long time on a bike unless its not running right and fouls them. If you need them, dont buy them at a stealership. Find out what kind you need and buy them at the autoparts store. WAAAAAY cheaper.

bikes use the same as cars? since i work at honda i get a mega good deal on car parts so that might save some loot lol...if only oil filter and oil could be bought at a auto store lol...yeah k&n air filter 71 bucks at iron pony...thanks tho for all the offers to help think hoblick helpin me out up here this weekend...