Mid Ohio, April 24~25th Sat,Sun

jbot

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to attempt to set up my suspension tonight. If anyone has spare time on Saturday to give me a hand and make sure it looks alright, i'd appreciate it. I'm just going to go off of the instructions on you tubes videos. i'm looking for 30cm of sag for track? or 25-30? I have an 07 1krr and weigh prolly 205-210 with full gear, 6'0 tall... if that helps.

I'm going to attempt to set up my suspension tonight. If anyone has spare time on Saturday to give me a hand and make sure it looks alright, i'd appreciate it. I'm just going to go off of the instructions on you tubes videos. i'm looking for 30cm of sag for track? or 25-30? I have an 07 1krr and weigh prolly 205-210 with full gear, 6'0 tall... if that helps.

You cant set your suspension by yourself so dont waste your time. You need to be able to measure your sag while your on your bike. Best way is to have 2 friends help you

You cant set your suspension by yourself so dont waste your time. You need to be able to measure your sag while your on your bike. Best way is to have 2 friends help you

Not to mention he is going to need stiffer springs most likely.... :(

I love mid ohio but have never been there in the rain and I have slicks so I don't know what to do. See you guys out there.

I wouldnt ride mid o in the rain with race tires with tread, let alone slicks.. dont even try it or youll be sorry.. Its a damn ice skating rink.

I wouldnt ride mid o in the rain with race tires with tread, let alone slicks.. dont even try it or youll be sorry.. Its a damn ice skating rink.

I hear this all the time, but how is it possible that it's so bad?

I'm not doubting the numerous people who have said so - i just don't get how a race track can get slicker than an oil and debris laden STREET so quickly :dunno:

i was too late to pull the trigger for this weekend, and now it looks like i got a little lucky (i'm skeered of the rain). hopefully, i'm wrong and the weather is fantastic tomorrow and sunday for you guys. or better yet, they'll call a rain day so it won't be a complete waste.

good luck and have as much fun as possible!

This is nuts! honestly guys, i'm driving for 3 hours to get to this track for 100% chance of rain?? isnt there a way to atleast get credit for another track day?!

I already dropped 400 on the entire 2 day event, and probably won't see one trip around the track! If they call a rain day, do i have to be there to get any kind of credit?

think about this, i'll be dropping 100 in gas, 50 bucks in food, and another 60 on a hotel... and then possibly drop my bike because its pouring out. I'm trying not to be a punk here, but i would think the track would throw a guy a bone here. 400 bucks... good lord

any responses would greatly be appreciated by the event coordinators. thanks

I'm not doubting the numerous people who have said so - i just don't get how a race track can get slicker than an oil and debris laden STREET so quickly :dunno:

It is, I guess just because the surface is so smooth. I did it once and I'm not doing it again. It was two years ago, but I don't believe anything has changed. I found from 8 to 11 especially to be like ice. My exact thoughts were, "I could have more fun on a dry street than this wet track."

I rode Beaver Sunday morning wet at 37 degrees. I rode it in significant rain at warmer temps. No issues. I also notice that Beaver and Nelson significantly abrade my tires, and they come off Midohio looking like new. I love the track warm and dry, it's silky smooth and I have no grip issues at my speed. I think perhaps the same mechanism that makes it so bad wet also keeps the cars from tearing it up in the dry. Tradeoff I guess.

Anyhow, I'm not even showing up tomorrow. Phucking weather - missed by one day (for me). :mad:

This is nuts! honestly guys, i'm driving for 3 hours to get to this track for 100% chance of rain?? isnt there a way to atleast get credit for another track day?!

I already dropped 400 on the entire 2 day event, and probably won't see one trip around the track! If they call a rain day, do i have to be there to get any kind of credit?

think about this, i'll be dropping 100 in gas, 50 bucks in food, and another 60 on a hotel... and then possibly drop my bike because its pouring out. I'm trying not to be a punk here, but i would think the track would throw a guy a bone here. 400 bucks... good lord

any responses would greatly be appreciated by the event coordinators. thanks

5 days before the event you can reschedule for another track day,they charge $ 50 fee,thats what i did.after that no credit or chance to reschedule.looks like after 4pm 30% chance rain

Because of the sealants they use every year.. if you ride it please be careful .

+100000 ^

If you don't know what its like, be careful. Seriously.... I have seen so many guys go down because they thinks its just like a wet street. With the sealant that has been used your tires WILL let go with the wrong twitch of the throttle or to much speed when you begin to lean the bike over. If you do choose to ride the track in rain, 1) be super smooth, 2) Take the corners slow and be ready for the rear end to let go, 3) Pray

That is all.

+100000 ^

If you don't know what its like, be careful. Seriously.... I have seen so many guys go down because they thinks its just like a wet street. With the sealant that has been used your tires WILL let go with the wrong twitch of the throttle or to much speed when you begin to lean the bike over. If you do choose to ride the track in rain, 1) be super smooth, 2) Take the corners slow and be ready for the rear end to let go, 3) Pray

That is all.

4) Don't get target fixated on somebody going down in front of you.

Got in two dry sessions then put the bike on the truck. Between that and a free t-shirt, hamburger and Mountain Dew, I'm actually happy. I guess after lowered expectations and the mood I was in last night...

Ended up parked by suntorn. Nice to meet you man, hope to see you out there again.

Good to meet up with ya Brian. hopefully next time we'll get in more then one or two sessions.

I tryed holding out until the end of the day in hopes of some sun/wind to dry the track... but no luck. all in all, i think 6-7 bikes went down today only cuz of the rain. even the instructors were saying it was like ice out there.

but i don't regret it, it was worth the shot. should just drive home tonight, but who knows, maybe tomorrow i'll get lucky and get another session.