Mid Ohio, April 24~25th Sat,Sun

jbot

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chucklehead isn't a bad term per se.... we've all suffered fom it. I can see it now.... cold tires and if they left the bike out and it got rained on then they had a belly pan full of water... Braaaaap... Braaaaap.. (little bit of lean and water sloshes out on the rear tire) Zzzzzzzzzzing... Arggggggggggh!!!!!!!!:eek: BAM!

Edited by STT-Guy

From Junkies:

my lower was full of water from Sunday and when I took off it left a nice slick cold puddle or water for his ice cold hard rubber ( 40 degree's out) and he got in the gas like he like's to do, next thing u know him and the bike were a few feet in the air... broke the case, oil all over broke the plastic and the windscreen.

Chucklehead isn't a bad term per se.... we've all suffered fom it. I can see it now.... cold tires and if they left the bike out and it got rained on then they had a belly pan full of water... Braaaaap... Braaaaap.. (little bit of lean and water sloshes out on teh rear tire) Zzzzzzzzzzing... Arggggggggggh!!!!!!!!:eek: BAM!

best play by play eva...

my lower was full of water from Sunday and when I took off it left a nice slick cold puddle or water for his ice cold hard rubber ( 40 degree's out) and he got in the gas like he like's to do, next thing u know him and the bike were a few feet in the air... broke the case, oil all over broke the plastic and the windscreen.

Ok.... so we leave or bike out in the rain and forget to check the belly pan. So isn't this an item that would be caught and handled an Tech inspection... Also.. at events where it has rained or people who have driven there in the rain are present a good riders meeting will make reference multiple times to checking your belly pans for water.

Anyway Rookie mistake guy's a noobe I am sure... after the he gets a couple of track days under his belt he'll figure this stuff out.

It wasn't me either, but I did participate in both Saturday and Sunday trackday events. Just sucks that the worst rain that we've received in this town thus far just happened to occur on that weekend. This was my very first track day and I was one of the riders that went down in the novice group due to slippery conditions. Alot of people warned me about how slippery this track gets in the wet and several people refused to put their bike on the track after it rained, but I couldn't see myself spending that much money for a track day and not ride. Fortunately my fall was a low speed low slide (about 30 mph) and it didin't result in much damage. For any other newbies, it you choose to ride at mid ohio in the rain, please ride smart and cautiously, especially around the slippery black areas that I'll just call black ice. I will be at Nelson Ledges next month and plan on coming back to mid ohio in June. Hopefully both dates will be dry.

^ ok, at least the belly pan water was to blame. that's not SO bad.

better than the idiot who drilled a drain hole in his lower to get the water out. I couldn't make that up if i tried.

Technically speaking, you should drill a hole and use plugs in case of rain. Allows the water to drain instead of being held in the pan... Racer 101 stuff...

I'm not really completely discouraged. At least I learned a valuable lesson about being smooth and having good throttle control around the track at a slow speed which is absolutley imperative when its wet. And since I've already tasted the pavement, the fear of the first fall is out of the way. So, it wasn't a complete waste of money.

Thanks for the offer on the garage, I'll keep a lookout if I'm there the same day.

Technically speaking, you should drill a hole and use plugs in case of rain. Allows the water to drain instead of being held in the pan... Racer 101 stuff...

or just take it off and dump it out. My belly-pan is 4 dzus fasteners and 2 allen bolts.

If i'm REALLY lazy, I have some fuel hose in my box-o-spares that I've used to siphon water out. It doesn't get every last drop, but the heat from the exhaust dries what's left pretty darn quick.

+2 ^ let me know if you want to share a garage or anything. I'll probably get one for the weekend.

Don't really need it but if you want to split 3 or 4+ ways for Monday only I'll chip in. I'm a non-tire warmer guy and I travel pretty light. Usually bring an EZ-up and only set it up if it's hot and/or someone wants to help me. My bike can sit outside...

I was one of the guys who refused to ride with the track wet. Wish i would have atleast checked in Sunday now considering they're throwing us that discount only if you showed for both days. Damnit! went home sunday morning thinking whats the point?

O well, I'd be game for sharing a garage on the next mid-ohio track day. you can fit 4 bikes in a garage easy... if not more.

Dan

I was one of the guys who refused to ride with the track wet. Wish i would have atleast checked in Sunday now considering they're throwing us that discount only if you showed for both days. Damnit! went home sunday morning thinking whats the point?

O well, I'd be game for sharing a garage on the next mid-ohio track day. you can fit 4 bikes in a garage easy... if not more.

Dan

not true.they give everybody credit for next track day.

$65 for saturday,$ 125 for both days.

i already use my credit for june 8.

If you signup for both days (Two-Day Event) then its a cheaper rate. There is also a Ohio Rider Discount of $10.

ATTENTION ALL FORUM MEMBERS:

The Mid-Ohio School Performance Track Riding is proud to announce a Forum Member Discount on all 2010 Performance Track Riding dates, excluding Max-Time Twilight events. Enroll in a course at least 14 days prior to the date and receive $10 off your order. Enter the coupon code FORUM2010 in the coupon code box during Step 1 of 8 in the ordering process on www.midohioschool.com to receive your discounted price. Please include your member screen-name and forum in the comments section before completing your order. This has to be included for the discount to be authorized.

We’re looking forward to seeing you on track in 2010

yea, my fault. Its 65 bucks for one day, or 125 for both, like rusty said. I was just saying that I screwed myself by not showing up for the sunday check-in, even though i payed for it...