Need opinion on potential jacket

jsheikh

My buddy is offering to sell me his mesh joe rocket jacket for $140... One catch though, he's been in an accident which wasnt severe. He sent me pix of the jacket and they look good. I heard that mesh are only good for one get off and lose their durability after that. I was just seeing what you guys think... Because his accident wasnt that bad, so I dunno if its even worth getting a used jacket like that. I want to invest in a leather jacket but its a lil out of my price range for now lol... Let me know what you guys think

Pix of jacket:

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

My buddy is offering to sell me his mesh joe rocket jacket for $140... One catch though, he's been in an accident which wasnt severe.

This makes me say what!:eek:

At $140 you can find all kinds of jackets. Hell for $9 more you can get a nice Jackethttp://www.newenough.com/street/closeouts/leather_suits_jackets_and_pants/scorpion/all_in_leather_motorcycle_jacket.html. At least I did yesterday.

I buy most of my gear at Newenough and their close out section has saved me a lot of money for the things we need most like gas and tires.

Check out leatherup.com I bought this jacket on here for cheap. Well made though, armor and all. Think I paid 80 or 90 bucks. They have quite a few good deals.

CF5050-01.jpg

Awesome site! Ya im def diggn some of the jackets they got on there. Im gonna first hit up iron pony this week or next, size up, see the kinds of jackets i want then either buy online or from iron pony

^grrrr you gota 6 pack! LOL

:D Only when I'm riding ;)

Is there any difference between a name brand jacket and gettn a generic one? Or is it just preference and the technology is all that matters?

I don't think so. I'm sure some off brands can be crap but my jacket seems to be well made. The only thing I don't like about it since the sleeves zip off if it rains water leaks through the zippers. I rain jacket would fix that though.

Textile super cheap. http://www.newenough.com/street/closeouts/bargain_basement/teknic/freestyle_textile_motorcycle_jacket.html

Get your stuff from newenough. go to the pony to try it on then but online.

I have this jacket and only wear it in the summer. It's pretty good. The only thing I don't like is the rain liner is not removable and traps sweat.Since I have been wearing wicking undershirts it hasn't really bothered me. I call it my power ranger coat and it has held up very well especially since it only cost $60.