Hit a new milestone on my cage tonight

thirdgenlxi

Finally, she rolled over 400k tonight!! Seemed like it took forever, I guess cuz I haven't driven the car much over the last 5 years or so. It turned 300k way back on 9-12-02

1 mile and counting

DSC01746.jpg

Almost there!

DSC01748.jpg

WoooooooHooooooooooo!!

DSC01775.jpg

DSC01776.jpg

Kinda hard to see at night, buuuut....

DSC01762.jpg

(why do I get the feeling somebody is watching me??)

DSC01765.jpg

Even got to share the excitement with my bestest bud and favorite travelling companion ever!

DSC01760.jpg

DSC01768.jpg

Other than a head gasket back in 2001 at 271k, it's all original engine and transmission.... never a single rebuild on either. On it's 2nd clutch, original factory clutch broke a spring in the disc back in 2003 at 321k. Power everything and it all works great, heat and A/C included (although I did have to replace the compressor back in 2003). Still runs and drives like you wouldn't believe.... smoooooth as glass, and idles so smooth and quiet you can barely even tell it's running sometimes. Been driving it for 10 years now and it's never once let me down... ever! Absolutely rock solid reliable! Sure can't complain for a car I got for free, LOL

Still starts right up immediately on the first crank, every single time regardless of temp or weather!

06d7ed80.jpg

A few other pics from along the way, all after 300k

Nov 2002 - Clanton, AL, hauling everything I owned moving from central IL down to south FL (1200 mi)

cartrailer.jpg

2004-ish - Ft. Lauderdale, FL, Back when I actually washed it and kept it clean inside and out, lol

carpic13vv.jpg

2007 - BFE southern Georgia, moving from south FL to north GA (700 mi)

DSC03282.jpg

2008 - Lexington, KY, picking up my roomates new bike, taking it back to Atlanta, GA (900 mi)

DSC04256.jpg

2009 - Atlanta, GA, moving (some of) my stuff up to Asheville, NC (200 mi)

DSC01531.jpg

She's towed waaaaaaay more than just the above, that's just the only ones I've got pictures of. Definitely a wee bit overloaded a few times, hahah. Always pulled everything I've put behind her though!

Anyways, just wanted to share.... as much as I love my bike and seem to neglect my cage, I still love it too! Hondas FTMFW!!

If you take care of those cars, as i'm sure stated many times. They'll run forever. One of the last gf's cars (accord) hit 260,000 miles. And it's still running strong. Even after all the ragging on it from her. I had to check the oil, she never did. Was always bone dry. :nono:

We have a customer with a 96 Chevy K-1500 (4x4) pickup that has somewhere around 230k-250k on the original 5.0l engine. The transmission had been rebuilt a few times until I got to it, and fixed an electronic issue that was unique to 96 trucks. I see him in passing quite often! I just thought it was pretty good for an American vehicle, amongst all the talk about how great the imports are, and a truck, nonetheless.

We also have a neglected Malibu that blew the engine at around 300k. Still runs, just smokes, rattles, and overheats.

Actually, my Camaro gets props for it's original drivetrain lasting 217k before I pulled the 305 for the 355 that's in it now. Everything else that failed, I attribute to the MAJOR power increase.

Nice. Some are just built to last...

I have an 02 Ford Explorer Sport Trac about to hit 200K. Rear diff went out and replaced under warranty, otherwise, never a problem.

I hope it can hold on to 400 like yours.

Hope you get another 400k out of it...

Well she managed to run it into the garage on both sides trying to park, then rear ended some one and got rear ended. Don't think she ever put oil in it and at one point some part on the breaks were welded. I cleaned it one time and found month old Indian food in it.....nasty

Well she managed to run it into the garage on both sides trying to park, then rear ended some one and got rear ended. Don't think she ever put oil in it and at one point some part on the breaks were welded. I cleaned it one time and found month old Indian food in it.....nasty

Except for the food...sounds like a typical girl. :D