oil dripping from exhaust

oldschoolsdime92

i promise john, its oil! it left a puddle. I ran it for awhile without the air filter and it seemed to clear it up quite a bit. Gota do an oil change and stuff on it. Im getting ready to go for a four day ride, so im going to take a break from it and get on it when i get back.

This may just be food for thought but... You had mentioned the vavle seals were leaking & it was smoking a lil bit?? If this is correct I would def look there. It's quite possible that the oil is not burning off completely and acummulating over a lil time. Running it till it got hot could allow the pipes to get hot enough to finish the job, but if it comes back you should replace those valve seals & piston rings.... 140 across the board's kinda shitty...

I just looked, nobody said sticky floats! Not seeing how that would put oil out the tailpipe.

gas overfilled the oil, and the oil had to have somewhere to go. i ALSO tried your thoughts on the air filter being dirty, so I ran it without one and between the two, its good to go.:D

Sticky floats allowing excess fuel into the combustion chamber would lead to worn rings as the oil on the cylinder walls become diluted... seen THAT a few times

Yes, I was going to mention that. Another way to get that is to have a dirty air filter. No air, too much fuel.

gas overfilled the oil, and the oil had to have somewhere to go. i ALSO tried your thoughts on the air filter being dirty, so I ran it without one and between the two, its good to go.:D

Oh crap, I hate when that happens. Good thing you found and fixed it right away. I've seen valves and stuff ruined from riding with diluted oil.