oil dripping from exhaust

oldschoolsdime92

Dirty air filter. If the pistons can't draw air during intake prior to compression, they will try to draw oil instead. They have to pull something into the cylinder. Your plugs would look oiled or fouled, of course, if oil is making it past the exhaust valves and actually dripping out the tail pipe. I'd at least look at the plugs to see if it's all of them or just one or something.

Worst case is a cracked head, letting oil from the gallery above, into the exhaust port passage. It would get blown out as oil, having never been in the cylinder. If the pipes were disconnected from the head, it would be real obvious. It should be dry soot in the exhaust passages, and a crack would leave it oil wet and building up carbon fast.

Edited by ReconRat

TwiztedRabbit had oil shooting out of his exhaust last year. It turned out to be the head gasket? There are vertical oil passages under pressure on most bikes, very close to the cylinder bores. Honda 4cyls used to be notorious for leaking there on the head gasket.

But his was pumping out, you're is dripping. Which is why I don't think oil under pressure. Thinking at worst, it's a crack in the head. But seriously, a head gasket would be cheaper to fix.

That thread showed up at the bottom of your thread, as a similar.

Which reminded me of that.

Oil Coming from Exhaust