April 1st Perry State Forest

KTMRIDER

Nope with all the snow and rain we've had it will be a swamp....... more so than usuall

Honestly, I've been out there after heavy rains and after 2 weeks of no rain, and there's not much dif. The holes get as full as they get, the rest runs off, but the holes never dry out so it's kind of a self-leveling mud pit. I think the magic number is 3 or 4 good days of sunshine, from what I experienced.

That said, I'm not going on the opening day...got other rides to do but I'll be down there this spring.

Taste like it too, Ive face planted there more than once.

Oh yeah, I got a mouth full of Perry a few times too...fucking awful. My wife gets all bent out of shape when I throw my gear in the laundry room, smells like a pig walked in, took a dump, ate it, shit out again and then died.

Oh well....it's free and fairly close.

Had a GREAT RIDE today. Trail conditions were excellent. Yes the quad tard mud holes were full to the top, But we avoid the main trails like the plauge. The back trails were in really nice shape except for quite a few trees down, But that's OK... Keeps all but the die hard single track guys off them. Me and my group got in 6 hours of riding and I am freakin' tired. This 45 year old body needs more excersize:D

• 1 month later...

I wanna go at some point (dual sport, not quad), but I'm a total newb when it comes to dirt riding, plus my trailer isn't quite together yet so I'd have to put it on someone else's trailer/truck.

-b

You don't need a title to ride at Perry State Forest. You do need an ATV sticker from the title department in your county. They were $8 for 3 years. If you have an Ohio plate (street legal) you don't need the sticker. Go here (http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Home/forests/faq/apv02perry/tabid/5193/Default.aspx) for regulations. You do need a spark arrestor.

You don't need a title to ride at Perry State Forest. You do need an ATV sticker from the title department in your county. They were $8 for 3 years. If you have an Ohio plate (street legal) you don't need the sticker. Go here (http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Home/forests/faq/apv02perry/tabid/5193/Default.aspx) for regulations. You do need a spark arrestor.

you need a title to get a sticker

Thanks, Zack:

Being an old guy I forget that now, in an effort to thwart theft and raise revenue, OH requires titles for street legal licensed vehicles AND unlicensed ATV's/MCs. So - yes you need a title to get a sticker if you have an off road title. You do NOT need a sticker if you have a licensed vehicle with a regular title.. Or if your license bureau is like Licking county, you can end up with both as I have on my CRF250X. They said they couldn't issue one to a licensed vehicle and I knew friends that had them both. When I insisted, they called Columbus and somebody said they could issue one to a plate holder, so I have both. NOBODY in the loop including me, was aware of the FACTS or they could have said you don't NEED a a sticker if you have a plate. In L.C.'s defense they were happy to be informed when I showed them the online Perry State Forest brochure.

Sean

I understand that I wouldn't need to get anything for a plated bike before I ride. However, don't I still need some kind of daily riding pass? Or is that just Wayne's trails?

I understand that I wouldn't need to get anything for a plated bike before I ride. However, don't I still need some kind of daily riding pass? Or is that just Wayne's trails?

Wayne is a National Forest, Perry is State. Perry requires a pass if you're not plated, but if you have a plate it's free. Wayne still requires a pass + ORV sticker (waived if you're plated), so it's $12 a day for Wayne, free at Perry if you're street legal, or if you're not then you have to get the ORV sticker and pay the pass too.

Wayne is a National Forest, Perry is State. Perry requires a pass if you're not plated, but if you have a plate it's free. Wayne still requires a pass + ORV sticker (waived if you're plated), so it's $12 a day for Wayne, free at Perry if you're street legal, or if you're not then you have to get the ORV sticker and pay the pass too.

Thanks for spelling it out for me. I truly appreciate it (my name is noob sometimes). Now I understand why some folks go to Perry (state riding is free for plated bikes) and some go to Wayne (daily cost for plated bikes in national forest area but more trails).

Cheers,

-b

Thanks for spelling it out for me. I truly appreciate it (my name is noob sometimes). Now I understand why some folks go to Perry (state riding is free for plated bikes) and some go to Wayne (daily cost for plated bikes in national forest area but more trails).

Cheers,

-b

The other reason a lot of bike guys prefer Perry is that it's not as crowded, not very patrolled and there's a ton of places that are off-trail play areas and secondary trails that you can't find at Wayne. I think Perry is supposed to be something like 16 miles of trails, but I've ridden double that down there when hitting all the additional outlaw trails.