DDM HID Kits for $35!

ohdaho

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how are they doing on shipping? A couple car buddies of mine have not been pleased as they haven't gotten what they ordered for awhile and when they did it was the wrong stuff and again had to wait awhile to get the right stuff

how are they doing on shipping? A couple car buddies of mine have not been pleased as they haven't gotten what they ordered for awhile and when they did it was the wrong stuff and again had to wait awhile to get the right stuff

I've ordered twice from them now, one was for three sets of HID kits and one for a single set. Both orders came in promptly, 5-7 business days, both orders were correct, and I've had no problems dealing with them.

My one issue with them is their flat rate shipping. So, make sure you get everything you want put into one big order, otherwise you pay out the ass for shipping for a small order. It's like $15 shipped for anything from 1 HID kit to 5 kits.

I've ordered twice from them now, one was for three sets of HID kits and one for a single set. Both orders came in promptly, 5-7 business days, both orders were correct, and I've had no problems dealing with them.

My one issue with them is their flat rate shipping. So, make sure you get everything you want put into one big order, otherwise you pay out the ass for shipping for a small order. It's like $15 shipped for anything from 1 HID kit to 5 kits.

You ordering anything else? I'm in for a 55W set.

Cheech, my roommate is in for getting a pair for his cage. Wouldnt mind doing a group buy to save money on shipping. That would save both parties $7. I frequent Columbus consistently so can meet up at Iron Pony or something.

Don has met me and can vouch im real. Im also stationed here at Wright Patt...im not shady I swear.

Can anyone offer some guidance please.

My manual says this about my headlight:

headlight.jpg

So I need a two bulb set up, right? One H4 and one H7? Which is high and which is low? I'm retarded.

Edited by Goldie

Starting a group buy list. So far its...

Me

Cheech

Jbot

BMWFSGSXR

Any more? Once we hit 5 people im sending in an order. Post up what you need.

I'm in.

55W H7 6000K

Edited by Goldie

I believe my low beam is the lower (projector).

Your reflector (H7) is your low beam, unless someone changed it.

FYI, install: http://www.gsxr.com/showthread.php?t=35016

Just be aware those running 55W may be alittle on the warm side depending on your bike.

Yes, they run warm. I'm keeping an eye on that right now because the Aprilia's headlight is easily prone to cracking from excess heat. It doesn't seem to be getting too hot right now, we'll see.

Edited by RSVDon

Your reflector (H7) is your low beam, unless someone changed it.

FYI, install: http://www.gsxr.com/showthread.php?t=35016

Thanks for the link bruv. But now I'm confused.

This is directly from the install thread you linked...

"The factory bulbs are rated at lower (H7 projector) is 55W and upper (H4 reflector) is 60/55W, lo beam/hi beam"

Thanks for the link bruv. But now I'm confused.

This is directly from the install thread you linked...

"The factory bulbs are rated at lower (H7 projector) is 55W and upper (H4 reflector) is 60/55W, lo beam/hi beam"

Now I'm confused too. :lol:

Ahhhhhhh. This makes sense. Post #20 in that link.

So the projector (H7) and the reflector (H4) are both on at the same time, then when you hit the high beam, the H4 turns on a second filament.

Hmmmm, so it looks like you'd need an H7 single bulb kit and an H4 hi/lo style single bulb kit.

Don't take my word on this though. Go out, turn on your bike, and if both the projector and reflector both light up in low beam mode then you know that you need what I listed above. If not, back to looking at the diagram.