Waving gesture rules??

jsheikh

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can't wave and someone waves at you, proper etiquette dictates that because you're on a Japanese sportbike, you have to hold in the clutch and twist the throttle, bouncing your bike off the rev limiter for no less than 5 full seconds if at a stop, or 3 full seconds if moving. If moving you're also obliged to pop a wheelie after the 3 seconds are complete.

i thought you had to start doing a burnout if you were at a stop.

I like to wave at the cruiser guys leaned over in a corner. You can almost watch them thinking, do I wave back, I can't wave back I'm in a corner. It amuses me. I can only do this down south because cruiser guys up north are too cool to wave at sport bikes.

If you can't wave and someone waves at you, proper etiquette dictates that because you're on a Japanese sportbike, you have to hold in the clutch and twist the throttle, bouncing your bike off the rev limiter for no less than 5 full seconds if at a stop, or 3 full seconds if moving. If moving you're also obliged to pop a wheelie after the 3 seconds are complete.

What if I'm on the Hyosung GT650R? It's badass. I assume I just get to do an awesome burnout or something?

i_2010_GT650R_6NR.jpg

Edited by Hondajt

wow, this has added to my many laughs of the morning. Should be a fantastic day judging on all the comedy I've seen/read

i wave when waved to, if not I drop a head nod or go about my business

A quick, obvious downward nod is my usual response if my hands are busy. Other hand is totally acceptable if it's free...
Nod or jerk your head upward when looking their direction. They understand.

edit: don't fall over...

:plus1: Head nod ftw.

Sport bike riders wave?

I always do.

:nono: that doesn't mean "post it again" it means, it's been posted MANY MANY times already

Now THAT was hilarious that he reposted it! :lol:

I like his innocence already. :cool:

For harley riders I ALWAYS do the following...

Do a biker wave, pointing two fingers down at the ground to symbolize DONT wheelie

(as if they actually could....)

followed by

A giant middle finger, to signify the wheelie I do .06 seconds later.

Rule Number 1: If it's a scooter completely ignore them and their feeble attempt to get your acknowledgement

If riding on a 2 lane road attempt to clothesline them whenever possible. They secretly enjoy this and view it as lovable hazing from the motorcycle community.

I wave at anyone on 2 wheels. Sport bike, Hardly, and scooter alike. It's 2 wheels against the cagers in my book. And anyone on 2 deserves the respect.

Trikes can go to hell! JK

If I can't wave, I nod.

wow so much cruiser hate....and to think, i waste my time waving at you fuckers

sorry, I can't hear you over the BRUM BRUM BRUM BRUM BRUM BRUM BRUM BRUM BRUM BRUM BRUM BRUM BRUM BRUM BRUM BRUM BRUM BRUM BRUM BRUM BRUM BRUM BRUM BRUM BRUM

:D;)

I don't think anyone on here would say they hate cruisers.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Sure about that? Lots of cruiser hate here lately. :mad:

It's fun, no worries. My guess is that the hardcore haters are the same the guys that bash fags nonstop and then later you find out they were sucking cock in the locker room. :D

J, I'll probably be at dyno day, BTW.

Edited by Artmageddon