Not fun today.

Tonik

Ok, I guess this goes in the daily ride.

I travel two exits on the turnpike to and from work each day. I use the EZ-Pass on my bike. Tonight I am exiting through the EZ-Pass lane. I always go real slow, lots of oil in those lanes and I don't want to put my feet down so I give it time to work its magic. Gate goes up and acce a LITTLE and head on my way.

Gate comes right back down hitting my windshield then striking me square in the forehead before the 'break away' on the gate kicks in and the gate goes flying. I kick the side stand down and get off, I am a bit shaken up.

Woman comes out of the booth and cops an attitude 'Do you have EZ-Pass?". "Yes, that is why the gate went up and then it hit me in the head." She flips her arm in the air, turns and walks away from me and waves the semi behind me to go through.

While I am still standing there.

My email to the Turnpike was blistering to say the least. I raised three issues. One her attitude and disregard for my well being and safty. Two, wtf is wrong with their system that it almost took me off my bike and three where do I send the bill for the new windshield and helmet.

I expect I will have to fight them real hard on this one, and I most certainly will.

For the record, I am darn glad I was wearing a helmet. It was a real solid impact. I suspect at the very least I would be in a hospital right now if I wasn't wearing it.

i guess ill get to find out.

Just a heads up, no pun intended but I never saw it coming until it was too late. I was close to the gate...my helmet blocked my upward vision until it was almost down.

I would request a copy of the video footage for that lane, i'm assuming that there is a camera. Tell them you need it for legal reasons. That reason being to sue them ;)

I would request a copy of the video footage for that lane' date=' i'm assuming that there is a camera. Tell them you need it for legal reasons. That reason being to sue them ;)[/quote']

Someone else just suggested that. I can also request it under public records laws and get it.

OUCH man...glad you are ok, could have probably been worse if you weren't wearing your helmet like you said. I can't believe that lady didn't even ask if you were ok...I would have been just as upset as you.

I always wonder what will happen with the gates on campus, especially the "out" gate near derby hall. That one always seems to come down right as i'm going under it. yea there is enough room to go around it, but it seems every week the length of the gate changes...

I wondered if EZ-pass would work on the bike. Where did you place it? Will it work in your pocket?

That is another story. Lots of folks says it works no matter where you put it but that is not my experience. First I tired in my pocket, no luck at all. And a few others I know have the same problem. My bike is a cruiser, and above the headlight behind the windshield is a perfect angled chrome section that I stuck it to..it is angled perfectly through the windshield to hit the sensor. That did not work.

So I bought a mount to hold it. It is ok..it is a square chrome piece that bolts to the windshield frame and holds it real well behind the windshield. I mounted it on the right side of the bike..I drive the left track out of the oil and go real slow. Since doing that it has worked 100 percent of the time...well until today.

That is another story. Lots of folks says it works no matter where you put it but that is not my experience. First I tired in my pocket, no luck at all. And a few others I know have the same problem. My bike is a cruiser, and above the headlight behind the windshield is a perfect angled chrome section that I stuck it to..it is angled perfectly through the windshield to hit the sensor. That did not work.

So I bought a mount to hold it. It is ok..it is a square chrome piece that bolts to the windshield frame and holds it real well behind the windshield. I mounted it on the right side of the bike..I drive the left track out of the oil and go real slow. Since doing that it has worked 100 percent of the time...well until today.

So what your saying is. I'm better off taking some change with me instead of my ez-pass when I ride either the wing or the cbr. Cause unless the stars all line up and there is a lephercaun waiting to open the gate it's not gonna happen. And then there is still a chance of getting wacked by the gate.:cool:

Cause unless the stars all line up and there is a lephercaun waiting to open the gate it's not gonna happen. And then there is still a chance of getting wacked by the gate.:cool:

Yep, and the toll booth workers will yell at you because their equipment does not work.

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. That toll worker sounds like a real prize.

I really like the fact that you are following through and presenting this information to the powers that be. So many people would go through something like that and let it go and not to report it. So the same thing can happen to some other poor unsuspecting sap. Hope you get the satisfaction you deserve from this :)

The director of PR called me this afternoon. She was very concerned, very upset that it happened and upset with the toll booth operators response. Over the next couple of days I will be hearing from the director of toll booth people, the head of the group that makes the ez-pass system and most importantly their insurance company to pay for the helmet and windshield. We spent a long time talking about how it happened and what could have gone wrong. There is a possibility that I will be meeting their tech people one day for testing.

Very professional and no hassles. I am pleasantly surprised.

The director of PR called me this afternoon. She was very concerned, very upset that it happened and upset with the toll booth operators response. Over the next couple of days I will be hearing from the director of toll booth people, the head of the group that makes the ez-pass system and most importantly their insurance company to pay for the helmet and windshield. We spent a long time talking about how it happened and what could have gone wrong. There is a possibility that I will be meeting their tech people one day for testing.

Very professional and no hassles. I am pleasantly surprised.

Great follow up. Most people would just of let it go. Let us know how it turns out. Cause I really would like to use my EZ-Pass on the bikes.

Thanks for being the crash test dummie.