Today really sucks.

chevysoldier

Aww man, sorry to hear this. It will get easier to deal with over time. Remember the good times. I have had several dogs and cats over the years and I cried each time they passed. The night before I had to put down my shepard/huskey mix ( named Jake), I made 2 large steaks, one for me and one for Jake. I sat with him on the floor and we both had steak and beer. I figured the beer would not do any harm. So even now, I still get a bit choked up when i hear that older country song called "Feed Jake".

Wow man, I LOVE that song. Now I need to find the CD and rip it so I can play it again. I know I have it here somewhere.

I have been around this dog, and she truly is a BIG part of their family. It saddens me greatly to hear this, almost to tears, knowing Dusty.

On a lighter note, we have a god here that I'll give ya! Eh, not really. Even with as much of a pain in the butt she's been, I'm sure that when she get's old it will be tough to see her go.

I did not want to thread jack, but though I could share my experience to help you with yours. If I can figure out where Pataskala, OH is, I'll buy ya a beer. Or if you will be at the Roll on Columbus event, I'll meet you there.

I did not want to thread jack, but though I could share my experience to help you with yours. If I can figure out where Pataskala, OH is, I'll buy ya a beer. Or if you will be at the Roll on Columbus event, I'll meet you there.

No, you didn't thread jack, it's cool. I just balled my eyes out listening to that song though, specifically the part I quoted. I really like that song.

Yeah, I'm should be at Roll on Columbus,

Well today at 7:33pm my dog Dusty was laid to rest. I truly believe she is in a better place now. I look forward to the day I will see her again. She was a one of a kind dog. Even the vet cried like she was her own. She will be forever missed. RIP.

I feel for you...remember the good times.

Yeah I am trying, just kind of hard.

Aw man, I wish I hadn't bothered calling you when I did. I didn't realize.

Dusty was a great dog. It won't be the same at your parent's house now. I haz a sad for real....

Nah don't worry about it. And no it definitely won't be. I'm gonna miss her greeting me when I'd get there. And her knocking on the front door when she was ready to come inside. Yes, she would knock on the door :D

sorry bro. that sux.

Thanks man.

• 3 weeks later...

Great memorial, Josh. I know you're still sad and will be every time you remember. When the time is right, you'll have another Golden and he'll get into your heart just as much. RIP Dusty. Watch for signs of her. I swear you'll see them.