Nightlife columbus??

NINJA14

Just moved to columbus not that long ago, dont know much about it, any good places to meet friendly people, hang out, gets some drinks or house partys, 18+ is a good thing too like to bring my GF too. Just wondering if anybody gets around town and knows some good spots besides (fire, ice, mcfaddens, boma etc)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was being sarcastic. Look at what fucktard (OP) posted on my page. Never talked to him in my life. :D

Not sure that's in here.....

How to Win Friends and Influence People

This is Dale Carnegie's summary of his book, from 1936

Table of Contents

1. Fundamental Techniques in Handling People
  2. Six Ways to Make People Like You
  3. How to Win People to Your Way of Thinking
  4. Be a Leader: How to Change People Without Giving Offense or Arousing Resentment

Part OneFundamental Techniques in Handling People

1. Don't criticize, condemn or complain.
  2. Give honest and sincere appreciation.
  3. Arouse in the other person an eager want.

Part TwoSix ways to make people like you

1. Become genuinely interested in other people.
  2. Smile.
  3. Remember that a person's name is to that person the sweetest and most important sound in any language.
  4. Be a good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves.
  5. Talk in terms of the other person's interests.
  6. Make the other person feel important - and do it sincerely.

Part ThreeWin people to your way of thinking

1. The only way to get the best of an argument is to avoid it.
  2. Show respect for the other person's opinions. Never say, "You're wrong."
  3. If you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically.
  4. Begin in a friendly way.
  5. Get the other person saying "yes, yes" immediately.
  6. Let the other person do a great deal of the talking.
  7. Let the other person feel that the idea is his or hers.
  8. Try honestly to see things from the other person's point of view.
  9. Be sympathetic with the other person's ideas and desires.
  10. Appeal to the nobler motives.
  11. Dramatize your ideas.
  12. Throw down a challenge.

Just wondering if anybody gets around town and knows some good spots besides (fire, ice, mcfaddens, boma etc)

Theres a few popular places along Park St downtown. (Sugar Bar, Bar Louie, Brothers, GasWorks) Check out this site for some info...

http://www.columbusunderground.com/category/nightlife

I'm an eastsider so if anybody can chime in for places north, west and south.

Places Downtown: TipTop, CaraBar good food cheap beer free local rock, punk music

Places German village: Old Mohawk, Club 185, Planks bier garten, Planks on parsons, high beck, thurmans

Places Short North: Bodega (awesome), Press Grill, Betty's, Surly Girl, Fabians, Skullys, Mikes Bar

Places OSU: Hound dogs, Blue danube, Oldfields on High

Places Arena District: R bar (blue jacket hangout), Garage Bar (better than brothers, gasworks, logde bar) Betty next to the baseball stadium (hella good burger),

Places Bexley: rusty bucket, old bag of nails, Rubinos (one of the best pizza i've had)

Places Pickerington: La Fogata, Catalfinos, doolins, happy endings, blarney stone

Places Canal Winchester: Kingys, Shades,

Others: All roosters, Bangkok on refugee (best thai food you'll ever have), the pub at polaris, bar 62 gahanna

I'm an eastsider so if anybody can chime in for places north, west and south.

Places Downtown: TipTop, CaraBar good food cheap beer free local rock, punk music

Places German village: Old Mohawk, Club 185, Planks bier garten, Planks on parsons, high beck, thurmans

Places Short North: Bodega (awesome), Press Grill, Betty's, Surly Girl, Fabians, Skullys, Mikes Bar

Places OSU: Hound dogs, Blue danube, Oldfields on High

Places Arena District: R bar (blue jacket hangout), Garage Bar (better than brothers, gasworks, logde bar) Betty next to the baseball stadium (hella good burger),

Places Bexley: rusty bucket, old bag of nails, Rubinos (one of the best pizza i've had)

Places Pickerington: La Fogata, Catalfinos, doolins, happy endings, blarney stone

Places Canal Winchester: Kingys, Shades,

Others: All roosters, Bangkok on refugee (best thai food you'll ever have), the pub at polaris, bar 62 gahanna

He is apparently looking for teeney clubs, not restaurants. Try Screamin Willies. Its a hick bar and a ghetto bar connected by a french door. Drama and good times always ensue. Kids love that shit.

I can tell you right now that most places that are 18+ are filled with douche bags that will probably try to drug your girl friend. There have been a few stories of people going missing for 18+ bars around campus. It really depends on what kind of bar you are looking for. Sloopy's just north of Hudson has a $1 you call it happy hour and isn't packed alot but i wouldn't stay to much after the happy hour ends. Old fields on 4th has a good Karaoke night Thursdays . Bodega in the short north usually has a good happy hour and about 50 beers on tap. It is a restaurant so the GF would be able to go. the crowed can be a little weird though, alot of yuppies and what they like to call "hippsters"" I just call them fucking hippies that need to get a job. I haven't had any issues with brothers or lodge bar. I don't think either one has a cover and generally have clean bathrooms.

I usually avoid house parties around campus, especially if they get really big because then you run into the issue of no beer or undercover cops trying to bust it.

If you're looking for 18+ clubs then you've narrowed your choices down 10 fold. jherr named many good ones though (I frequent Park St. quit often myself) but, the only 18+ place I know is Panini's in the OSU campus area next to Newport Music Hall.

I was being sarcastic. Look at what fucktard (OP) posted on my page. Never talked to him in my life. :D

Lol. That's a typical response. I get the impression that he's a stupid kid with plenty of "experience" gleaned from the pages of bike mags, who thinks a bike and a persons worth are based on cc. Probably has a superficial 18 yo girlfriend and is unhappy that cbus isn't the "thuper fabulous" friendly place he hoped for.

Likely, his bike has never been in twisties more severe than turning a corner, and he's only one change of his shorts away from selling it and buying a wicked fast car. Like a civic with a turbo.

Eagerly awaiting the shit talk comment on my bike, too.:)

Lol. That's a typical response. I get the impression that he's a stupid kid with plenty of "experience" gleaned from the pages of bike mags, who thinks a bike and a persons worth are based on cc. Probably has a superficial 18 yo girlfriend and is unhappy that cbus isn't the "thuper fabulous" friendly place he hoped for.

Likely, his bike has never been in twisties more severe than turning a corner, and he's only one change of his shorts away from selling it and buying a wicked fast car. Like a civic with a turbo.

Eagerly awaiting the shit talk comment on my bike, too.:)

:lol:

I can tell you right now that most places that are 18+ are filled with douche bags that will probably try to drug your girl friend.

thats probably how he got her in the first place :p