FS: 2007 Ninja 250

chevysoldier

This was my first bike. The guy I sold it to is selling it. Asking $2,000.

-2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

-8,600 Miles

-Newer BattleAx BT45's have maybe a 1 or 2k on them I'm guessing.

-Everything seems to be in decent shape except the paint on the tank. When it was repainted it cracked and he used nail polish to seal it up from rusting underneath.

-This bike was wrecked. Someone other than me ran into a wall. I did all the repairs myself and you can hardly notice it, still rides really well.

EDIT: Last year I put a new timing chain tensioner on it and adjusted the valves. This week I will be changing the oil, adjusting and lubing the chain and any other minor stuff it may need.

Edited by chevysoldier

I can speak for the condition of the bike. I test rode it the fall before he bought it. It runs well, and Chevysoldier is particular about taking care of his stuff. He did quite a bit of maintenance work to it while he had it. The current owner (I know him as well) hasn't put many miles on it since he's had it, from what I can tell.

These Ninja 250's get awesome fuel mileage, in the 60-70 MPG range, they handle well, have an upright seating position, a good all around beginner bike. I'm still riding mine, and the only real issue I have is that it's not very good for longer freeway rides especially on the interstate where traffic is running 75-80 mph, as the top speed isn't that much higher than that!

Would he be willing to do a test ride if I let him hold onto a couple hundred....

And where is he located?! I still need to talk to the Momz about thinking about it and at least driving out to look at it.

Would he be willing to do a test ride if I let him hold onto a couple hundred....

And where is he located?! I still need to talk to the Momz about thinking about it and at least driving out to look at it.

I'm sure he would be but I'll ask. You do have a permit/endorsement right? The bike is in Johnstown, Ohio. Here's a map, but the address is wrong on it, just on the other side of Harmony Church Road.

Nobody is interested? Damn...

The price is decent, but it's not a screaming deal. With the 08+ body style out, the older 250's took a good hit in resale.

If the guy holds out, he'll get his money, but it may take a little while.

Looks nice and clean though.

The price is decent, but it's not a screaming deal. With the 08+ body style out, the older 250's took a good hit in resale.

If the guy holds out, he'll get his money, but it may take a little while.

Looks nice and clean though.

I think it;s a little high also, and I told him this so he might come down...don't know for sure though.

I'm sure he would be but I'll ask. You do have a permit/endorsement right?

Yes I have my endorsement, and what was said before, the price is a little high, especially considered it's had major repairs after what sounds like a fairly serious wreck. I guess I'll just have to see it in person and talk with him.

Yes I have my endorsement, and what was said before, the price is a little high, especially considered it's had major repairs after what sounds like a fairly serious wreck. I guess I'll just have to see it in person and talk with him.

Don't let the wreck scare you off! It was put back together with all OE parts, and everything just bolted on.

Don't let the wreck scare you off! It was put back together with all OE parts, and everything just bolted on.

Well knowing that definitely helps!

I guess it all depends whether I can get the Momz to agree to come out to look at it. If I can get her there and it looks like just as good of a deal as it seems then I'm pretty sure she'll be serious about jumpin on it....

Price seems pretty reasonable for a 2007 this time of year...maybe a tad high, but not much. I just sold my 2004 Ninja for $1,775 on EBay and I am still getting emails about it from interested people. Those little 250's do hold their resale pretty well for an older style bike, and they are a blast to learn the ropes on.

Price seems pretty reasonable for a 2007 this time of year...maybe a tad high, but not much. I just sold my 2004 Ninja for $1,775 on EBay and I am still getting emails about it from interested people. Those little 250's do hold their resale pretty well for an older style bike, and they are a blast to learn the ropes on.

Not to mention the reliability, and the availability of used parts!

• 1 month later...