who else is ready for track days!?

TwiztedRabbit

REDROCKET --- i couldn't find the redrocket quote regarding insurance but insurance will cover you on track unless you have state farm (new policy).

insurance will cover you in any event so long as its not a timed event (racing).

see now you have no excuse not to track... :D

yea i just saw steve's comment regarding getting new glass and just hit the quote button without reading any further. im willing to try it out still, we'll see it how it looks.

honestly, I wouldn't blow cash on a 'newer bike for street use.'

If there's anywhere you need a more capable bike, it's the track, not the street. but that's not to say that a 2004 CBR isn't going to be plenty at the track. I rode a 1993 F2 in Intermediate and definitely didn't feel out of place. I kind of wish I hadn't gotten rid of it, just to see how much faster I could have gotten on 1993 technology.

i got a lot of satisfaction out of passing bikes 15 years newer than mine.

if you get totally addicted to the trackday scene, either look at super cheap street transportation to save yourself money (the route I took), or look for another '03-'06 600RR so you can cannibalize parts when you crash.

it's not that parts are hard to find, but if you crash on Sunday, and have another trackday booked 6 days out, shipping can cut your repair time pretty short. being able to pull parts off your street bike (or just swap track bodywork to your street bike) is a nice option to have.

i always smiled when me and my old 99 R6 with street tires were passing people in I and A group with new sportbikes and slicks on. what a great feeling

REDROCKET --- i couldn't find the redrocket quote regarding insurance but insurance will cover you on track unless you have state farm (new policy).

insurance will cover you in any event so long as its not a timed event (racing).

see now you have no excuse not to track... :D

yea i just saw steve's comment regarding getting new glass and just hit the quote button without reading any further. im willing to try it out still, we'll see it how it looks.

But I do have State Farm, and I just switched. It's something to look into. If not this time, then this year, hopefully.

Edited by redrocket04

Redrocket I also have state farm. Here's my worst case plan pull the tape off the lights and such then tell agent I went down on a backroad. Sounds good in theory just hope my agent doesn't get on here. Not really j/k.

But I will probably have room. We are planning on heading up Saturday afternoon. I would suggest getting a bar harness and some tie downs I don't think I have enough for 2 bikes.

Redrocket I also have state farm. Here's my worst case plan pull the tape off the lights and such then tell agent I went down on a backroad. Sounds good in theory just hope my agent doesn't get on here. Not really j/k.

But I will probably have room. We are planning on heading up Saturday afternoon. I would suggest getting a bar harness and some tie downs I don't think I have enough for 2 bikes.

My state farm agent says im covered no matter what. Just as long as its not a timed event ( racing ) so i have no worries, untill something does happen, its just one less thing to worry about when at the track, so one less thing on your mind so you can focus on other things

i always smiled when me and my old 99 R6 with street tires were passing people in I and A group with new sportbikes and slicks on. what a great feeling

Yup - and being the underdog is win/win. it's like a built in excuse for not being that fast hahaha. "great - you're faster than me. You SHOULD be. Your bike weighs 30 lbs less and has 20 more horsepower."

But if I passed someone on a newer bike, I got to laugh in their face (if they gave me a hard time).

The fact that my F2 cost me $1200 and and used a 160 rear tire helped my smile factor too :(

I don't think of my RR as "old," but I guess it's getting there. I'll buy a new bike when I make it to Advanced pace, or finish school - whichever happens first. Right now I'm still enjoying the novelty of fuel injection.

• 2 weeks later...
My state farm agent says im covered no matter what. Just as long as its not a timed event ( racing ) so i have no worries, untill something does happen, its just one less thing to worry about when at the track, so one less thing on your mind so you can focus on other things

I have state farm also, and that's what my agent said. As long as I'm not competing, I'm covered. I told him that I think it'll improve my street skills, and he agreed whole heartily.