FEELER: 2008 Kawasaki ZX14 Ninja

NinjaNick

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone notice the burp on the server just a min ago? I blame it on Nick. This thread caused the server to crash.

I smell a conspiracy!!

But attn to any serious buyers: this is an excellent bike, well worthy of the asking price. It comes with a big reputation, however. Whoever rides that bike has to take us on tours of rural greene and clinton counties all summer.

As you were.

I smell a conspiracy!!

But attn to any serious buyers: this is an excellent bike, well worthy of the asking price. It comes with a big reputation, however. Whoever rides that bike has to take us on tours of rural greene and clinton counties all summer.

As you were.

In addition, once you exceed 55mph you can not slow down or the bike will explode

I never thought I'd see the day.....

Me either honestly. I never gave them the time of day. I honestly don't know what is going on in my head. :lol:

harleynick...dammit.... test ride FIRST...no regrets

Maybe I should...hmmmm...

you probably won't lose anything but top end by switching up. Those are nice lookin bikes too.

I've never ridden one, but they don't come close to my HP and Torque numbers from looking at their spec sheets. I just want a different style of bike and I want a Harley because it is on my bucket list. I figure...hey, why not now. :)

I call bullshit!!! Shenanigans and tomfoolery!!

Nooo Nooo Nick, say it isnt so!!

Sorry? :dunno:;)

Good luck with the sale Nick. I'll ride with you even if it is as Harley, as long as you don't start begging me to go hang out at bike nights with you. :lol:

Maybe I'll finally be able to keep up with you. :)

You know I don't do bike nights. :lol: I'm still the same Nick. :D

Is this real life???

0006p906.gif

ROTFLMAO!! :lol:

No Comment.

Good luck with the sale though. Life's short. Do what makes you happy!

I haz a sad. :(

Seriously though, I'm not sure anyone is actually interested in the bike. You should have posted another thread just for us to discuss you deciding to sell.

I'm starting to think you're right. :lol:

I smell a conspiracy!!

As you were.

That post was awesome. :lol:

In addition, once you exceed 55mph you can not slow down or the bike will explode

:lol: Yeah, so have good insurance!

i dont know what to say... i kinda has a sad but at the same time its not my decision, as long as you still hang with us sportbike guys im cool with it :D

Oh, I'll never change. Most of the Harley crowd isn't my type.

I understand the idea but I expect this experiment to fail.

After several years without a bike I went the Harley route. Three years with it and I only put 5,800 miles on it. Every bike since then I have put about 10,000 miles a year on every street bike I have had. I got tired of losing money on everything I bought and with a Harley that wasn't going to happen. I didn't care if it was losing money or not it's not an investment and wasn't fun to ride at all.

You have too much riding talent to be held back by a bike that is below your skills. I see constant frustration in your future. If at all possible try to rent one for a weekend before you make a decision.

After several years without a bike I went the Harley route. Three years with it and I only put 5,800 miles on it. Every bike since then I have put about 10,000 miles a year on every street bike I have had. I got tired of losing money on everything I bought and with a Harley that wasn't going to happen. I didn't care if it was losing money or not it's not an investment and wasn't fun to ride at all.

You have too much riding talent to be held back by a bike that is below your skills. I see constant frustration in your future. If at all possible try to rent one for a weekend before you make a decision.

Thanks for the kind words at the end. :cheers:

Hell man, I'm already freaking out about seeing my 14 go bye-bye, and the posts in this thread are making me REALLY confused now. :lol:

Yeah, you and Magley are right! I need to experience it first and see if it's for me. I will do that now.

THANK YOU UNCLE PUNK!!!!! I found out this horrible news this morning before work and it ruined my day. See Nick, im not the only one that agrees you should keep what you have and scrap the Hardley idea. you will get one, overpay for it, and be left with wanting something more. just go back to riding a 600 since the 14 is too much bike for you :D. If speed is what you are worried about, may I suggest a Ninja 250?:eek:

THANK YOU UNCLE PUNK!!!!! I found out this horrible news this morning before work and it ruined my day. See Nick, im not the only one that agrees you should keep what you have and scrap the Hardley idea. you will get one, overpay for it, and be left with wanting something more. just go back to riding a 600 since the 14 is too much bike for you :D. If speed is what you are worried about, may I suggest a Ninja 250?:eek:

Imma run you over next ride. :monkeypoo:

:lol: You guys are too good. I want this blue VROD sooo fuggin bad I can't stand it. I guess I want to try a cruiser for a change. Who knows, maybe someday I'll come back to a fast sportbike again.

i love mine man..i love it more everyday i ride it haha ill switch ya haha ive never ridden a zx14 :)

Wait until one of the fast kids catches you on a back road and you can't do nothing but try to keep up. Once they realize you are trying they just wave and disappear. Your frustration will not be measurable. It will be so bad you will have to sell the new bike in a hurry at a big loss just to go out and buy one that can keep up with the waving kid.

Does anyone want to volunteer to show him what this will feel like on the test ride?

If you are really thinking of switching, HD has Demo days coming up, check some of the dealers. That way you can check one out before you do anything. Check out some of the other Cruisers as well like a Triumph Thunderbird, or the new Honda line or Kawi bikes as well. If you go Harley, check out the Vrod for sure. Very nice bike. Coming off the 14, I would go a 1300 or larger or you won't be happy at all. You're a pretty big guy too, aren't you? From what I know of you and how much you love your bike, I would for sure do some test rides first.

Edited by Artmageddon

Wait until one of the fast kids catches you on a back road and you can't do nothing but try to keep up. Once they realize you are trying they just wave and disappear. Your frustration will not be measurable. It will be so bad you will have to sell the new bike in a hurry at a big loss just to go out and buy one that can keep up with the waving kid.

Does anyone want to volunteer to show him what this will feel like on the test ride?

Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. :D