Bike shopping is confusing...

garysol1

So I am looking at bikes to replace the RC. My main object of desire right now is the VFR800 from 1999 through 2006. I am also looking at Triumph Sprints.

So far these are my two primary choices. Anyone have any other bikes of this type that they can personally recommend??

I want a sporty bike with good wind protection and comfortable ergo's. What says you Ohio Riders......

So I am looking at bikes to replace the RC. My main object of desire right now is the VFR800 from 1999 through 2006. I am also looking at Triumph Sprints.

So far these are my two primary choices. Anyone have any other bikes of this type that they can personally recommend??

I want a sporty bike with good wind protection and comfortable ergo's. What says you Ohio Riders......

I would vote for the VFR, based solely on what I've read and heard about them. Why is the cutoff 06 though? I'd love to have the 07 with the RWB paint scheme!

I would vote for the VFR, based solely on what I've read and heard about them. Why is the cutoff 06 though? I'd love to have the 07 with the RWB paint scheme!

My modest budget will just get me into 05 or an 06. There is 07 on Craigslist with super low miles and the RWB paint but it is just out of my range. I do have an email out to him anyway though..... :)

I would say VFR800, they have pretty good ergos (at least I thought so from my test "sit" at the dealer) if that is the main concern. I am also partial to my bike the Z750s...the little brother to the Z1000, it has very nice ergos as well.

I vote the sprint. I am definitly biased but I absolutley love my sprint. 120 hp. 73-74 ft lbs of torque with a completly flat curve. Pulls hard all the way through. Its sofa couch comfy. The only thing thats been changed is heli bars have been added. I personally feel its a gorgeous bike, and its semi-exotic as you dont see too many of them running around. Heres a pic of mine, I have posted it up a few different times.

IMG_2351.jpg

IMG_2356.jpg

Edited by oldschoolsdime92

You should be able to pick up a clean, low mile '03 fi Bird for your budget

Heli bars give it a more upright position

Put the extra $$ you save into any suspension upgrades you may want, coming from the 51

Plus.... You get to stay Honda ;)

I'm obviously biased but grab a 5th gen vfr800 (98 - 01). It a great all around bike. Good for burning twists and then heading for West Virginia for a few days and then back without needing a chiropractor. Its got the gear driven cams so no hassles with the 6th gens sub par cam chain design and no extra tunning needed to smooth out and screw with the vtec. - The V4 sound with a pipe is incredible! Single sided swingarm is there to show off the wheel and it drops off in 5 minute with a lug wrench for tire changes. Engine is bullet proof. Wide mid range power with a good hit on top. If that isnt enuff for ya, there's a super charger kit out there that will boost it to 165hp.

I have done quite a few mods, mostly with brakes and suspension - RC51 brakes with Traxxion Dynamics fork mods and have a Penske shock in the rear. NICE!

Heres a pic....

supervifer2.jpg

Edited by mello dude