Bike shopping is confusing...

garysol1

Got my 07 vfr rwb out of the crate, love it so far but only 600 miles need to ride more!!!!

600 miles and you've had it how long? :lol: I'd be riding the shit outaa that thing! Those are awesome looking, and I hear awesome performing for an all-around bike.

600 miles and you've had it how long? :lol: I'd be riding the shit outaa that thing! Those are awesome looking, and I hear awesome performing for an all-around bike.

26th of March, hard to get a ride in when the wife is giving you the evil eye and the kids are screaming lol. She threatened to take a sledge to it if I left:o

26th of March, hard to get a ride in when the wife is giving you the evil eye and the kids are screaming lol. She threatened to take a sledge to it if I left:o

:lol: I got ya there! I don't get much opportunity to ride, either. You've put more miles on your bike this season than I have, in all honesty! I usually get the feeling that I'll make things tougher on myself if I take off and ride too much, but it's usually not really like that.

Ok.....So I met the buyer of my RC51 today at the Ohio Michigan border as he was driving down from the Upper Peninsula area. I had gotten to the rest area about 30 minutes early so I surfed the web a bit on my phone and kept going back to that VFR in Columbus. I decided that was the bike I wanted. I decided I preferred the pre Vtec model due to the cheaper maintenance costs and no abruptness when the vtec kicks in and out.

So after the buyer shows up we get his trailer loaded up and he hands me a wad of 100's. I was now a buyer :)

On the way home I figured I may as well run by Honda East in Toledo as it is ALMOST on the way home. I stroll in there and ask "Do you have any Gen 5 VFR's? He gave me a blank look...... So I said do you have any clean used 98-02 VFR's and he says matter of fact we just traded one in a few days ago. He shows me to there used bike building and there sits an almost immaculate bright red 98 VFR800 F.I. with a Two Bros pipe. After a quick inspection I noticed that the bike had brand new Sportmax tires and fresh oil change. I kept thinking this was just meant to be.....here I was with money in hand and the bike was lusting after just happened to fall in my lap with a deal better than anything I have seen on Ebay or Craigslist. 30 minutes after getting there I was loaded up and heading home. The salesman said it was his quickest sale ever.

Ill get snap a few picks tomorrow.....

Nope.....But it looks like its twin down to the exhaust. Identical bike with only 11k on the odometer :)

Pictures with today's paper or it's all lies.....

Is someone hiding these things in a bunker somewhere and releasing them one at a time? Lots of awesome 5th gens popping up lately. Somebody on VFRW found one with the original MSO, never titled somewhere out west this winter.

Edited by AndyJ
First day with new keyboard

Pictures with today's paper or it's all lies.....

Is someone hiding these things in a bunker somewhere and releasing them one at a time? Lots of awesome 5th gens popping up lately. Somebody on VFRW found one with the original MSO, never titled somewhere out west this winter.

I saw over on VFRW someone posted up about a brand new, never titled (I forget the year for sure) VF500F also! Those guys are on top of finding these bikes!

Ok.....So I met the buyer of my RC51 today at the Ohio Michigan border as he was driving down from the Upper Peninsula area. I had gotten to the rest area about 30 minutes early so I surfed the web a bit on my phone and kept going back to that VFR in Columbus. I decided that was the bike I wanted. I decided I preferred the pre Vtec model due to the cheaper maintenance costs and no abruptness when the vtec kicks in and out.

So after the buyer shows up we get his trailer loaded up and he hands me a wad of 100's. I was now a buyer :)

On the way home I figured I may as well run by Honda East in Toledo as it is ALMOST on the way home. I stroll in there and ask "Do you have any Gen 5 VFR's? He gave me a blank look...... So I said do you have any clean used 98-02 VFR's and he says matter of fact we just traded one in a few days ago. He shows me to there used bike building and there sits an almost immaculate bright red 98 VFR800 F.I. with a Two Bros pipe. After a quick inspection I noticed that the bike had brand new Sportmax tires and fresh oil change. I kept thinking this was just meant to be.....here I was with money in hand and the bike was lusting after just happened to fall in my lap with a deal better than anything I have seen on Ebay or Craigslist. 30 minutes after getting there I was loaded up and heading home. The salesman said it was his quickest sale ever.

Ill get snap a few picks tomorrow.....

LOL - very cool... the '98s and '99s are the most coveted 5th gens. Congrats!

I kept thinking this was just meant to be.....here I was with money in hand and the bike was lusting after just happened to fall in my lap with a deal better than anything I have seen on Ebay or Craigslist. 30 minutes after getting there I was loaded up and heading home. The salesman said it was his quickest sale ever.

Sooooo.... Did I miss it? What'd you give for her??

I'm surprised they would cut you that good a deal already if they just took her in 2 days ago. It's not like they've been sittin' on it that long

Nobody replied, I'm joining, ever though I don't have the "R" on mine, just a vf500f/ Same deal, Honda V4 sportbike....

Hey works for me, as long as there's V-Force involved it's all good. I really liked my 500. 'Course I probably have no voting rights since my VFR has only left the garage once this year to date :(. (That's about to change, hardware I was waiting on just came today)

Edited by AndyJ

Hey works for me, as long as there's V-Force involved it's all good. I really liked my 500. 'Course I probably have no voting rights since my VFR has only left the garage once this year to date :(. (That's about to change, hardware I was waiting on just came today)

Too late, already did it anyway!

Nobody replied, I'm joining, ever though I don't have the "R" on mine, just a vf500f/ Same deal, Honda V4 sportbike....

I'm not in the "cool club" Judd, so my opinion means squat.... But I'm thinkin' you'd be OK since yours is one of the original series Interceptors ;)

Sooooo.... Did I miss it? What'd you give for her??

I'm surprised they would cut you that good a deal already if they just took her in 2 days ago. It's not like they've been sittin' on it that long

$3,500 ...... They were asking $3,800 which I would have paid push come to shove.