Yamaha of Columbus / Iron Pony

Steve Butters

Took the vmax in to get the starter clutch replaced and get some new tires. They were awesome with helping me get what i needed and doing the install for me. Great price and great guys to work with. The tech went out of his way to make sure my bike was running 100% before it left the shop, adjusted my air screws, and got the carbs all synced up...went over everything. Its like a whole new bike, cant wait to get my tires broken in so i can give it some hell. Thanks a bunch guys.

I was there tonight and spent about 2.5 hours just looking around. Got to meet Silver Fox there. She helped my buddy out trying to find a good helmet, but he is a picky SOB. Thanks for the help and taking the time guys. I did buy some new gloves too.

*edited.... david, you wouldnt understand..

Damn its called a joke bud, Ya i heard sis said i didn't say thank you but i remember telling her when she pulled up my house and i thanked you when you called me that morning and told me your buddy seen it driving in. but just in case.. Thank you Tyler.:D

I had a decent experience with them a couple weeks ago, had two new tires put on and the chain lubed/adjusted.

First one in the door on a saturday morning, done in under 2hrs I think.

• 2 weeks later...

They've pissed me off a few times.

The first time they gave me mix matched needles.

The second time they didn't affix the weights on my tires well enough and they fell off.

The third they gave my friend a brake lever when he asked for a clutch - That's plain idiotic and waste of our time.

They've pissed me off a few times.

The first time they gave me mix matched needles.

The second time they didn't affix the weights on my tires well enough and they fell off.

The third they gave my friend a brake lever when he asked for a clutch - That's plain idiotic and waste of our time.

and did you bring the bike back in any of those times to have the problems rectified? Or did you just piss and moan about how shitty the service was and come here to slam on us? just askin cause anyone that I know has been able to come back and get things taken care of... no problems...

The key phrase was "a waste of our time". Of course, I wasted more time to get the services I had already paid for.

And speaking on particular individuals ineptitude doesn't reflect on the company as a whole.

I'm not bashing so-to-speak, just sharing experiences, which is what the thread implies.

and did you bring the bike back in any of those times to have the problems rectified? Or did you just piss and moan about how shitty the service was and come here to slam on us? just askin cause anyone that I know has been able to come back and get things taken care of... no problems...

and did you bring the bike back in any of those times to have the problems rectified?

don't get all defensive, moose.

a customer has the right to expect good service initially, not just when he needs the screw-ups fixed.

don't get all defensive, moose.

a customer has the right to expect good service initially, not just when he needs the screw-ups fixed.

true, but to deny the service provider the chance to make things right isn't kosher either...:rulez:

not my place to jump in here...but from personal experience with an employee and a problem between a customer online, i dont think iron pony management would appreciate an employee on here speaking to potential customers in the manner that you are moose....not anything against you personally, its just not very professional....customers have the right to share their opinions of a shop, good or bad...they should not be attacked because of it or else it will look bad for the company.... the proper thing would be for someone from pony to read this and contact the person with the complaint and see if they can do anything to resolve it, if not, the complaint stands, if so that person can post up here that IP stepped up and resolved it..... i just dont think its your place to speak on behalf of the company, and while it is not mine either, i have a personal relationship with the jones' family and i know that going after customers online is not the way they would appreciate business being done

Not trying to incite, I'm just gonna give my story.

I recently purchased 2 new tires and had them mounted at the Pony. Very fast service. I was riding home and noticed a shimmy at speeds over 70. I got home and checked out a few things like tire pressure. The front and rear were under inflated by 5 pounds each. :eek:

I filled them to proper inflation and no shimmy. Also they put the rim weights on the outside of the rim. I'm used to them being on the inside. I'm hoping my rims are not going to be marred now if they come off.

I'll still be a valued customer just may shy away from tire installs down the road. I think the Pony is the best game around for all the motorcycle stuff we need.

not my place to jump in here...but from personal experience with an employee and a problem between a customer online, i dont think iron pony management would appreciate an employee on here speaking to potential customers in the manner that you are moose....not anything against you personally, its just not very professional....customers have the right to share their opinions of a shop, good or bad...they should not be attacked because of it or else it will look bad for the company.... the proper thing would be for someone from pony to read this and contact the person with the complaint and see if they can do anything to resolve it, if not, the complaint stands, if so that person can post up here that IP stepped up and resolved it..... i just dont think its your place to speak on behalf of the company, and while it is not mine either, i have a personal relationship with the jones' family and i know that going after customers online is not the way they would appreciate business being done
Ty, I didn't see it as an attack, just stating that other times I've seen people just bash instead of coming in and getting the situation rectified amicably, too many times people just get bent outta shape instead of realizing that in everything mistakes happen, it's how you go about fixing them... and if you aren't given the chance to fix them I say it's on the other party at that point... true you can share opinions, but base those in FACT, not conjecture.. furthermore IF the customer doesn't contact us with a problem HOW are we to know there is one... not everything on OR gets the attention that a DIRECT contact would.;) sorry if it looked like an attack...it wasn't meant as one.. Edited by cmoosego

I was there tonight and spent about 2.5 hours just looking around. Got to meet Silver Fox there. She helped my buddy out trying to find a good helmet, but he is a picky SOB. Thanks for the help and taking the time guys. I did buy some new gloves too.

:lol: Glad to help out. See you in the store again sometime.

Shouldnt even be using wheel weights, Dynabeads for the total win.

They put weights on my rims too, I just noticed them the other day when I cleaned up the bike. I have black rims, the weights are silver, kinda looks like shit.

Might try and see I can paint them black :confused:, or would that turn out badly?

for future reference...i do believe you can request black weights when theyre doing the install, not positive on that, but i thought thats what they told me

Yes you can, however they cost more I do believe.