No title bike.

max power

I know we've discussed this before, but I can't seem to find the thread. I found a bike I want to buy and its dirt cheap, but it doesn't have a title and it is in NC.

If the dude can somehow prove that it isnt stolen, what hoops will I have to jump through to get it titled here? Any ideas? :dunno:

its next to impossiable to get a title for a bike n ohio if it dosnt hve 1 u half to write some board explaining y then wait for approvel if they decide then go in front of a judge prooving its all legit then wait for more paper work to go to bmv n get tittle find a scrap one swap stickers way eaiser

Forget it, tell him to get a title. From what I can see on the North Carolina DMV website, he can't sell a road worthy vehicle without a title. Check with Ohio BMV for details of vehicle transfer from out of state. I don't see details on NC DMV. I bet Ohio wants a title from NC.

edit: it's a parts only bike. You'd have to find a good frame and title here, and build a bike.

Edited by ReconRat

Yeah, he has it listed as a parts bike. It only needs a seat? :dunno:

2007 fz1 1000 - $2500 (wnc)

Date: 2010-04-26, 3:13PM EDT

2007 fz1 1000 with less then 8000 miles.....runs well has plenty of power.. only flaw is seats are missing......this is a parts bike only .. has no title .. i will give a bill of sale that i can legally sale this..located in western north carolina bout a hour from knoxville looking to trade what you got ? can email pics ! bike is in great shape cash price 2500.00 obo

I sent him as email asking what the deal is with it. Waiting on reply. Will post. Maybe a scam or stolen. Dunno. Figured it wouldnt hurt to check into.

If you are trying to use it as a street bike you should probably look elsewhere. If it was a track only bike you really don't need a title aside from it giving you the peace of mind that it wasn't stolen.

Sounds a little too good, and if it's not will be a nightmare in paperwork and you'll probably miss part of the riding season.

Peace of mind in a quality product usually comes at a price, and every time I pay too little for something it comes back to haunt to me. Don't suggest you do the same.

Sounds a little too good, and if it's not will be a nightmare in paperwork and you'll probably miss part of the riding season.

Peace of mind in a quality product usually comes at a price, and every time I pay too little for something it comes back to haunt to me. Don't suggest you do the same.

Sounds like the great deal I got on this Hon-DUH last year! :lol: Nothing but work on it!

Doubt you'll ever get a title for it here man. If you're looking to do this, give him $500 less and get a frame/title off ebay and swap it over (or just use the other title)

I guess you could do that. It's an awful lot of work though. How much cheaper than a legit bike is this thing. I don't know these bikes.

I know we've discussed this before, but I can't seem to find the thread. I found a bike I want to buy and its dirt cheap, but it doesn't have a title and it is in NC.

If the dude can somehow prove that it isnt stolen, what hoops will I have to jump through to get it titled here? Any ideas? :dunno:

Ask jCrotch.... He's the resident expert :D

headscratch.gif That price sounds crazy cheap Shawn 33.gif

Just got off the phone with the dude, this is his story. He bought it from a mechanic who did some work on it and the owner never paid him (07 FZ1) :rolleyes:

I told him to call his BMV and see about getting me a title and I'd be interested. He said he would and is supposed to call me tomorrow. Of course, with a title, the price goes up.

We'll see. :D

DO NOT MESS WITH THIS BIKE UNLESS YOU WANT IT FOR PARTS. The bike is stolen or the guy is upside down in it and owes a shitload of money to a bank and can't pay it off right now in order to get you the title.

I don't know the specifics but I think I am fairly close here. If a mechanic takes a bike in for service and then the owner does not pay they can put a mechanics lien on the bike and apply for title owning the unclaimed bike in something like 60 days if there is not another outstanding lien to a bank. If anyone knows more about this do tell.

Edited by Modern Synthetics

You can run the numbers here: https://www.nicb.org/theft_and_fraud_awareness/vincheck

Once that is done, you can apply for a title here: http://www.its-titles.com/15price.htm

Once you have the NV title, you can transfer it to Ohio. I went through this with a bike that had the title lost in a house fire.

ymmv

2913.51 Receiving stolen property.

(A) No person shall receive, retain, or dispose of property of another knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that the property has been obtained through commission of a theft offense.

at that price i would almost say this applies