Notary needed asap

NightRider

I need to get ahold of a notary, who will notarize my title for me without the other party there.

All previous owners info has been written in.

If you are one, or know one close by and will do it. Please get ahold of me. I'm in Lancaster which is about 25-30 min away from Columbus.

Pm me or call 740-974-9782.

Thanks

Shawn.

honestly, good luck. a notary can lose their commission for doing that.

best thing would be to get with the guy and go to a bank, car dealership or title office and get it done.

honestly, good luck. a notary can lose their commission for doing that.

best thing would be to get with the guy and go to a bank, car dealership or title office and get it done.

Ok. What happens if he's already signed it, and put his info down? Don't they need to see him do that?

not really. he just has to be there to say he filled it out. they dont have to watch him do it. you should both take an ID just in case. im not saying its impossible to find a notary who will do it, but they will definitely be the exception, not the rule.

otherwise, someone could steal a title, fill in the info, and then get it notarized and "sell" it to themselves. then they own the vehicle.

sorta like a bank taking third party checks. they want both parties to come in and verify their signatures. otherwise i could steal a check written to you, sign your name then write pay to the order of me, and cash it.

not really. he just has to be there to say he filled it out. they dont have to watch him do it. you should both take an ID just in case. im not saying its impossible to find a notary who will do it, but they will definitely be the exception, not the rule.

otherwise, someone could steal a title, fill in the info, and then get it notarized and "sell" it to themselves. then they own the vehicle.

sorta like a bank taking third party checks. they want both parties to come in and verify their signatures. otherwise i could steal a check written to you, sign your name then write pay to the order of me, and cash it.

Yeah. I get what you mean. I typed in Notary, into craigslist and came up with a few mobile notaries. Would it be wrong to ask them if they would do without the other person? Would they do it?

you could call and ask. worst they will do is say no. they wont call the cops on you or anything haha. like i said, its possible you could find one who would, but i wouldnt get my hopes up too much.

you could call and ask. worst they will do is say no. they wont call the cops on you or anything haha. like i said, its possible you could find one who would, but i wouldnt get my hopes up too much.

I'll call around and see what i can find out. Thanks for the info.

He will need to be there with you if you go to the bank for them to do it. If you cant get it done come to osu campus and i can get it notarized; pick it up sunday. My best friends dad is a notary.

I'm pretty sure he bought it after hours.

yea and?

You do a bill of sale that both parties and a witness signs, then seller goes and get title notarized and mailed to they buyer. It is how dealers deal with it and 100% ligit and no shady request going on

yea and?

You do a bill of sale that both parties and a witness signs, then seller goes and get title notarized and mailed to they buyer. It is how dealers deal with it and 100% ligit and no shady request going on

except the buyer is holding an unsigned and un-notrarized title :p

except the buyer is holding an unsigned and un-notrarized title :p

right now yes, but the does not negate that the whole transaction was handled wrong in this case. This situation is just all bad because now the sell can claim theft. The other side is the buyer can hit a car with it and it will go back on the seller to be responsible for it because he has no proof that it is not his, because legally it still is his.

yea and?

I wouldn't do this if I was buying something from someone I have no clue who they are. They have the money, and the title. A dealer is a business, something totally different.

I wouldn't do this if I was buying something from someone I have no clue who they are. They have the money, and the title. A dealer is a business, something totally different.

exactly what I was thinking. No way in hell would I ever do this. Hell, I wouldn't even sell my car without all the money in my hands and the title transfered over before it left my sight. I don't trust people what so ever

seller can notarize title without buyer there.... that covers any after hour pick ups.... seller can get title notarized at their own leisure, then hand it over to buyer when the pick up the bike...then the buyer just fills out their info, mileage, price, and takes it to the bmv to get it switched

its that easy....theres no reason a seller should ever hand over an unnotarized title.....something seems shady here, goodluck man....hopefully the seller doesnt report it stolen to try and fuck you

This is worse than an un-notarized title?

Yes best situation is to have the entire transaction done right at that moment, but sometimes it just does not work out. So this is way better than just walking out with the title not done. Also the witness keeps it from being a "he said/ he said" crap as well.

I believe NightRider has the title in hand, but just needs to get it notarized. I can understand why Ohio does this, but CRAP if it don't hold things up. Who cares, just sign it over and be done with it!

Sapphy....what youre saying doesnt make sense

you dont need both parties to notarize, only the seller....no need to get bill of sale plus witness etc etc then mail it or whatever

the seller can take it in to any bank and have it notarized with nothing but their signature on it....then they can meet up with buyer, work out price, mileage, etc and hand over the title

the ONLY part of the title that needs notarized is the seller signature, nothing else has to be filled out for the notary

ive walked into the bank alone and had this done plenty of time... i say " i need to get a title notarized " they say ok sign here on the seller signature line, i sign, they stamp it...good to go

Sapphy....what youre saying doesnt make sense

you dont need both parties to notarize, only the seller....no need to get bill of sale plus witness etc etc then mail it or whatever

the seller can take it in to any bank and have it notarized with nothing but their signature on it....then they can meet up with buyer, work out price, mileage, etc and hand over the title

the ONLY part of the title that needs notarized is the seller signature, nothing else has to be filled out for the notary

ive walked into the bank and had this done plenty of time... i say " i need to get a title notarized " they say ok sign here on the seller signature line, i sign, they stamp it...good to go

yes I know the buyer need not be there. What I am talking about is if he purchased the bike on Saturday and wanted to take it just then because it was half way across the state. So to make it all clear for both parties, do the bill of sale I talked about then the seller can deal with the title on monday and drop it in the mail. I have done this many times and I have never had a issue.

yes I know the buyer need not be there. What I am talking about is if he purchased the bike on Saturday and wanted to take it just then because it was half way across the state. So to make it all clear for both parties, do the bill of sale I talked about then the seller can deal with the title on monday and drop it in the mail. I have done this many times and I have never had a issue.

i still dont get it.... why wouldnt the seller do the title friday and just give it to the buyer on saturday when they pick up the bike?