I need brake line and clutch cable

redrocket04

I would never have thought that these would be hard to find parts, but they're turning out to be just that. I switched handlebars, and cables yesterday. I sold the extended cables with the apes that were on the bike. I've need a front brake line and clutch cable for the bike now. Does anybody have a suggestion of a good place to check for them that would have them in stock so I could get them today?

Iron Pony -- Would have to be ordered.

ASK superstore and Grove City -- Would have to be ordered.

Cycle Search -- Had to leave a message, they're busy.

Well, that sucks. I was hoping to ride to QSL tonight. Honda/Yamaha Northwest is closed Wednesday. Also tried Rice Paddy, but they're closed, too...

I guess I'll call and see if I can find a dealer in Dayton that has them.

Edit: Yamaha of Troy no haz.

Joe's cycle has the clutch cable, but not the brake line...

Edited by redrocket04

First and foremost I want to thank you for your posts. They are always epic somethings (not sure what to call them) and provide endless hours of entertainment. Hit the bike salvage yards, finding a wrecked one and taking those parts will save you a ton of money. Also (no offense) consider posting your needs on a forum devoted to that particular bike rather than a sport bike forum. You will find someone that has those cables laying around because they just put apes on their bike. And they will be happy to sell them.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=vstar+forums&btnG=Google+Search&fp=c0f4eec721a23aaa

First and foremost I want to thank you for your posts. They are always epic somethings (not sure what to call them) and provide endless hours of entertainment. Hit the bike salvage yards, finding a wrecked one and taking those parts will save you a ton of money. Also (no offense) consider posting your needs on a forum devoted to that particular bike rather than a sport bike forum. You will find someone that has those cables laying around because they just put apes on their bike. And they will be happy to sell them.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=vstar+forums&btnG=Google+Search&fp=c0f4eec721a23aaa

I'm glad that brake lines provide endless hours of entertainment. Perhaps you should try hanging out with someone other than a prairie dog? :dunno:

I must have missed the part where this is a sportbikes only forum, please accept my humblest of apologies.

:bigfinger:

I'm glad that brake lines provide endless hours of entertainment. Perhaps you should try hanging out with someone other than a prairie dog? :dunno:

I must have missed the part where this is a sportbikes only forum, please accept my humblest of apologies.

:bigfinger:

I think he was trying to say in a round about way, that ORN isn't the best place for cruiser parts.

<peacemaking attempt>

@ RR04 - Methinks Tonik was just tryin' to help - that's his modus operandi - 'be helpful'.

@ Tonik: Please, on behalf of RR04 and the rest of us, continue to attempt helpfulness. I would guess that Jason (RR04) is just a little frustrated: CBR sold, one he wanted to buy sold out from under him, new bike had wrong handlebars, easy swap turned into a biotch for him.

"Can't we all just get along?" - Rodney King :lol:

</peacemaking attempt>

@ RR04 - Looks like Iron Pony carries the cables you need. You could call 'em and see if they're in stock.

Edited by jblosser
forgot about the parts...

I've already PM'd tonik to apologize for my asshattery.

I'll reduce my post whoredom, too. I don't even have boobies to bring to the table, so I've learned my place.

I'll call IP to check. When I called before, I just talked to Yamaha parts dept.

I've already PM'd tonik to apologize for my asshattery.

I'll reduce my post whoredom, too. I don't even have boobies to bring to the table, so I've learned my place.

I'll call IP to check. When I called before, I just talked to Yamaha parts dept.

Cool. Props for that. :plus1:

If you wear heels and ride, post up about it. If you grow boobies, please stay silent... :D

if your really in a bind call competition accessories in springfeild. they are a big dealership. I don't know how firimiler you are with motorcycles but i would say probably 8 times out of 10 a part is going to have to be ordered, expessially in my case having my triumph.They arent like cars where you can walk into the local napa and get an alternator for an 83 fiat on a sunday. If you listen to most of us discuss parts, you will find alot of us have extras and if we find a good deal to get an extra we snag it up, so we don't end up in the situation you are. Grantid, you were swapping bars and it shouldn't have turned into all of this jazz, but I blame that partially on newbieness but we all have to start somewhere. I personally would have personally kept the apes on the bike untill I had the proper cables and not sold my bars untill I had everything to do the job. Don't wanna sound like a dick, just wanted to fill newb in on motorcycle parts awareness!

Edited by oldschoolsdime92

IP no haz the parts.

Comp Accessories no haz the parts.

cycle therapy no haz the parts in used.

Thanks for the advice. I'm definitely not used to having to wait. I went ahead and ordered, so looks like I'm off the bike for a few days.

True enough. I didn't like the apes, but at least I could have ridden.

Oh, well. This will give me a little more time to figure out how the hell to squeeze the airbox cover back on, while balancing the gas tank and not dropping any of it. It was much easier to get them off than putting it back together.