I wanna get back on the bike so BAD!!!!!

Bkizz

Long shitty story short...I was paralyzed from the chest down last September. My life has been flipped upside down but I have been getting things back on track as best as possible. I got back to work and back to driving but I still feel like something is missing. I want to get back on my bike so bad I can't stand it. I have dreams I'm riding again and feel so free. I still have my bike sitting in the garage and will go outside to start it and stare at it. I can't believe I was paralyzed by something I love so much. Well, in reality it was the woman driver and the tree that put me in this wheelchair, not the bike.

Here's the deal. I have decided I am getting back on this thing. Fuck selling it. I won't be truly happy until I ride again. I have been doing some research but have yet to figure out where I can actually get these parts. Regardless, where there's a will there's a way and I can prove that.

Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp4Qn6ugQEw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwB7I92BXCM&feature=related

So, how bad ass would this be??!! I could totally mod the 650R with this stuff...I just gotta figure out how and where.

Edited by Bkizz

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man this still hits me pretty hard dude...... i think we were riding in coshocton about a week before your accident. :( you just never know what lies ahead anymore..

but i agree do it if you can man!!!

Do what you need to do man. I'd probably feel the same way.

It would be scary being strapped to a bike though. It doesn't look like a good idea being fastened to it unless the straps snap very easily in an accident. No matter what happens you're going with the bike which is what I'd be worried about. Unless the straps breakaway really easily to let you off and the bike flip/slide all by itself incase of the worse? :dunno:

Can-Am would be sweet like someone mentioned below.

Edited by NinjaNick

Good to hear from you. I know it is not the same, but how about a Can-am Syder with modified controls, as needed? Possibly you can rent one for a few hours?

Hell yea! That's an awesome alternative. You should check one out bkizz. :)

Hey I'll help put it together if you want to do it. as far as parts go I'm not sure anyone sells that stuff but if not I know a guy that can fabricate whatever you need. the mechanics dont seem that hard.

Brian its great that you are wanting to get back in the saddle. It should be a inspiration to every one and I admire your Outlook on life and your determination to ride again I wish u the best. If I can help let me know

Wow, I'm going to watch this, and any opportunity I can get to help, I'm there! This is awesome!

Side note: One our customers is a car nut, in a chair, and drives some pretty cool muscle cars. He has a 70 Chevelle, decided the 396 wasn't enough, so he had a 454 put in it! He also has a couple Buicks with forced induction, one of which we built. He's a very inspiring person!

One of the guys on the XX board lost both his legs in a bike accident ~5 years ago. Bike pinned him against a guardrail IIRC. Todd's gone down the dragstrip since, in a similar setup to what you're talking about here I think.... Though IIRC, he had friends at the start to spot him while the tree was dropping, & more at the end to help him get off

Also.... At the NeXXt meat 2 years ago, there was a guy with a ZX14 & a hack with a reeeally sweet suspension setup. They were thinking about that for Todd as well. In fact.... I think he even took it out for a test spin