Charging Navegation system while on bike

BikerBoy

I am planning on using my tomtom navigation system on my bike, was thinking about charging it before leaving and just use it, then someone smarter than me asked me , what will I do on long trips ....

That was right , so i am thinking if any of you guys knows away to fix a " car cigerate lighter blug " on a motorcycle ....

Advice please , Thanks

I am planning on using my tomtom navigation system on my bike, was thinking about charging it before leaving and just use it, then someone smarter than me asked me , what will I do on long trips ....

That was right , so i am thinking if any of you guys knows away to fix a " car cigerate lighter blug " on a motorcycle ....

Advice please , Thanks

there is that option or there is also this option in which I think I will be going at some point:

http://www.mountguys.com/product_p/mfx5v-b-garnuvi2b.htm

this looks like a very nice option, how durable is it ? good quality ?

this way you can use a phone charger or a gps navigation charger

I think i will go with this :D

Granda080 and I both have them, We used them for our trip over into WV and PA a month or so ago, and did about 1000 miles in 4 days with them, with 0 trouble. The only thing I don't like about it is the cover to put on the plug when you don't have it pluged in isnt very good. Everything else seems to be a top notch product.

this should be a sticky somewhere... I don't recall if there's a "touring" section in the Riding Styles forum, but that would seem ideal.

I've been meaning to buy a battery tender anyway :)

I hard wired in an accessory power block to my battery and mounted it under my seat. It is switched on and off by my ignition with a relay that is activated by my tail light power wire. I now have a very convenient place to wire in up to four 12v accessories. Something like this one pictured below....

power_block_without_CDI.jpg

100_0908-1.jpg

100_0937.jpg

100_0938.jpg

100_0939.jpg

and this pretty much just sold me. I lack good fabricating skills and I have been meaning to get a battery tender anyway so this will do it perfect for me so if I do get a 2nd bike I can move the gps easily

The biggest issue I would have with battery tender solution is that it is not switched so the cigarette plug will always be powered on. I know that some day I would forget to turn off my GPS and would come out to a dead battery.

• 4 weeks later...