Today man wanted money from me...

NinjaNick

Meijer parking lot, probably 2006, this guy is walking the parking lot and asking people for some cash because his car ran out of gas and he needs some funds to get back home. I know he's lying, but hell I'll give him a buck.

How do I know he's lying? Why the hell would he be leaving his home on empty with no cash? Also, who the hell runs out of gas in the middle of town where you are surrounded by gas stations...haha.

Well....the wife and I were getting back in our vehicle after shopping this evening and I noticed this guy walking around talking to people as they are putting their groceries away or getting out of their cars. Fucking annoying! Anyway, I recognized him! I NEVER forget faces, just names. I instantly told my wife,"Look! That's the same mf'r that got me for cash years back!".

:lol: He came up to me and got in front of my SUV while I was getting ready to drive away and I rolled down my window and THIS MOTHERFUCKER SAYS................"Excuse me sir, I ran out of gas down the road here and was hoping you could spare a couple bucks?"

HOLY SHIT! I couldn't believe what I was hearing! I then said, "Hell no! Dude! You're the same retard that asked me the same thing about 4 years ago in this same gawddamn parking lot! You're a piece of shit!" He was soooo shocked it was hilarious. I drove off as he stood there mean mugging me in my rear view mirror. I could tell that he was shocked that he got busted. The look on his face was great when I told him what REALLY was going on.

I can't believe he is STILL doing that and using the SAME story.

This is now my 2nd time seeing this. One guy got my dad back in the 80's and then we saw him a week later still doing it! He must've been saving up for his gas before he went back to his vehicle. :nono::lol:

yeah those assholes bank off of people. i see them all the time by the expressway when they pull out their huge ass roll of cash. I say fuck em..give them a paper instead of a buck, dual use: look for a job and a blanket.. over it!

That's when I say, "Sorry dude, I don't have anything but the local police are always willing to lend a hand to a citizen in need - I'll call them and we can wait for them together to make sure you get back home safe."

I always get a kick out of that because it's hilarious to see those people start backpedaling as quick as they do. Then I press more,

"No, really I insist... I want to make sure you get home alright since you don't have any gas or money"

I really just make a fake call to whomever and start telling the story on the phone, "yea, hi, there is a gentleman at ______ who ran out of gas and doesn't have any money to get home, I was hoping you could send an officer out to help this guy get home..."

About then is when they :eek: and walk/run away. :D

there was this couple that drove around my block/apt complex wanting money for gas. this was after the 99 (ran on 87) to 07 (93 octane) bike upgrade and i had about a gallon left of my old old 87 pump gas from last fall trackday so i just offered it to them.

when i offered them the actual gas, they seemed a bit upset... hmmm

there was this couple that drove around my block/apt complex wanting money for gas. this was after the 99 (ran on 87) to 07 (93 octane) bike upgrade and i had about a gallon left of my old old 87 pump gas from last fall trackday so i just offered it to them.

when i offered them the actual gas, they seemed a bit upset... hmmm

:lol: at this whole thread, but this ^^ in particular

haha, when you seen him coming, you shoulda said "hey man, i just spent all my money on groceries, and now i dont have money for gas. Can you spare some cash?"

thats my favorite. Love doing this to people. :cool:

had this happen a few times...one woman asked me for gas at speedway at 3am one night...i said i dont have any, then went inside and bought a cheesburger and gas lol...she saw me walk out, got in her car, and drove off!

only had one time that seemed legit, they were at the gas station at the pump and had a truck bed full of junk, sayin they were from teh westside and ran outta gas (this was in pataskala) and asked if i could spare anything to help them get home...they seemed like legit west siders lol so i offered to prepay their pump while i was inside getting my own gas...they were very appreciative, and i even had to make a 10 minute phone call and they didnt mind waiting, didnt bother me or come over again or anything...so i had the cashier put $10 on their pump for them

I was out with my brother-in-law a few years ago when we were coming up on one of the guys holding a sign. I said here give him this dollar. He says to me dont do it. I say why not. He says I'll show you. Same day we go back to his place and get a piece of cardboard and a marker. He didnt even change his cloths to something raggetty. He goes to a street corner while I sit in the car. Tells me wait here I'll be back soon and take you to dinner. I sat from the car and watched him and in about 45 minutes and he jumps back in the car. He averaged almost a dollar a minute. I got a free dinner out of it. He told me go to the right place at the right time and these guys are easy making more $$$ per day than I am busting my butt at work. My brother-in-law is the king of con, but it's the first time I had seen that. Every once in a while when Im struggling I consider doing it, but it ticks me off so much when I see it that I cant bring myself to do it.

hahaha the old "my car is out of gas" ive heard that a million times.

this dude we see every day downtown asked me for change today for bus fare. i looked right at him and said "dude, ive never seen you get on or off the bus"

another favorite of mine, this lady was standing on 4th street and fulton st right where the exit ramp from 70 is. firestation is right there on the corner.

anyway, she says something to me about how she needs money to get medicine for her diabeetus. i told her no and she started saying something about how she is real sick right now and really needs help bad. i was like "lady, the fire station is right there, if you need help go talk to them"

The East side of Columbus used to be so bad, you couldn't go anywhere and get out of your car without one of them doing the "ask for gas money" thing. And many of them were aggressive attitude. I had one in a gas station, hops out of a car and asks for gas money. I was recently unemployed and told him so and no, in my F off voice. I came close to having to go toe to toe with that one. But some one gave him money and he left. He was later busted for cruising gas stations asking for money.

Now days they are all over in the WalMart lot. Be careful of the other scam. If you walk out with a pharmacy bag visible, some one will try to distract you with a story while you're in your car, and switch the bag. Hoping to get something worth taking. Or if it's dark, they just grab it and run.

What amazes me, is how many of them sound exactly like an email scam. You know, the "Excuse me Sir, I am in need of a blah blah blah..." I am stunned when I hear it, and can't even speak. I just stare at them till they walk away.

Last year i seen a man and woman walking past a gas station I frequently use. I could tell she was strung out on something and he looked like he needed a fix.

I parked in my usual spot and went in to pick up a case. When I came back out, I found out they walked back to the station. The dude walked up behind me and asked for "lunch money"

I would have told him to go eff himself, but I had left my windows down and my cell in the cupholder. :o They didnt steal anything so I gave him a buck for being a good crackhead...

Damn why haven't i thought of this..... i think this will work if i carry a gas can

Yes but, if there are 6 guys with gas cans standing in the parking lot in front of the state liquor store, it's a little obvious they all have something else on their minds. (Back when we actually had state liquor stores.)

We have Liquor stores here ReconRat, that are that only in their own building on the side of the street. Cbus doesn't?

No, they are gone. We had state run Liquor stores the same as that, and they shut them all down. It's now found in the nearest Kroger store, or other grocery. I guess each city or county does their own thing. Shoplifting was getting bad at them, and having to post guards all the time. (Kroger stores always had special duty patrolmen.) I know Cleveland and suburbs is very different. I remember having to buy beer in bars for carryout, not in the gas stations, like the rest of the world. Maybe that's changed now also. Dunno.

The nearest post office got shut down also. First it was the special service area got shut down because of high theft. And then the entire place due to budget cutbacks.

I have a nice liquor/beer store only with a brew your own store next to it about 5 blocks from my neighborhood. It's very convenient if you want something. Dayton has a few of them. They also have the ones you speak of in stores too.

Times change. The best wine for the money is now found in Speedways around here, not groceries. I am glad that some of the local groceries are stocking some good selections of beer. They didn't before. Is that a sign of economical depression?