motorcycle crash on highway caught by helmet cam

Casper

wtf why did the car randomly do that?
A blown tire forces the Honda Civic on the left lane [dark vehicle] to accelerate uncontrollably. Realizing he was going to rear-end the white vehicle in front of him, the driver of the Civic instinctively steps hard on the brakes which causes the car to swirve to the right, blocking the biker and consequently causing the crash
How a blown tire makes you accelerate I don't know.

Should have turned left...

From the video perspective at guessing 65mph after you factor in reaction time I don't think turning left was even an option. Even taking the reaction time out of the equation it would have been threading the needle to get clear of the back of the car without nailing the center wall. IMHO she did the best possible thing with not much to work with.

I didnt see a tire blow... Even if it did, as many people have said, how would that make the car accelerate??? And if you listen to the driver of the car, he says that he hit the brakes and turned to not hit the car in front of him...

wow at the point where the douche bag swerved there was nowhere for her to go... :( poor thing...I think i would have shat myself a little seeing that coming...

Hard swerve left and she would have been fine.

armchair quarterbacking is a motherfucker :badgerrock: