GSXR600 Question

Funjunkie

meh i learned on a non slipper clutch bike, my slipper was my left hand. i still do that today even with the mechanical slipper on the 07. they're neat for a sketch situation, but IMO there is nothing better your own hand :D

meh i learned on a non slipper clutch bike, my slipper was my left hand. i still do that today even with the mechanical slipper on the 07. they're neat for a sketch situation, but IMO there is nothing better your own hand :D

I can think of 3 things that are better than my own hand. You must do it alot...

I'm an old school guy that avoided the slipper clutch deal as long as i could. Then, I rode bikes with them and realized that they are as useful as race tires at a track day.

Street use? Who cares. It isn't an issue on anything other than stated above with big twins and liter bikes - and even not so much then.

At the track? You can go so much faster with one than w/o. Even the best control one has cannot make up for the slipper. It's bang, bang, bang and pop the lever... Bike catches up nicely and allows more control.

Of course, I find it more fun on the RC8 with the way it drowns the rear cylinder to act like a slipper. It will lock and slide the rear with pretty great control. The 1000? It has a modded slipper and is great on the down shifts. Almost boring, actually. Still slides a bit, but not out as much as the twins I have ridden... Stays in line for the most part and is civilized. Shame...:D

But to answer everyone's question, once you ride and adapt to a slipper, I promise you'll never wish to go back...