I need a road trip, anything cool going on this weekend?

Artmageddon

The weather is looking good for the long weekend as of now. I'm game for a road trip on the bike. Anything exciting going on anywhere?

I'll go 400-600 miles one way from Columbus, maybe more for something really cool.

Give me some ideas. I'll go solo; with company; day trip, overnight, 2 nights; doesn't matter. I just don't want to sit around all weekend at home bored.

Cheap is good, but I don't feel like camping this weekend, so a crackhouse hotel is acceptable.

I've been eying Spruce Knob in West Virginia.

Looks pretty cool, but I'm kinda in a people-party kind of mood, not lonely ass-rape country. :)

We're heading that way in a few weeks on the DTC ride I believe though, could be a side trip ???

Looks pretty cool, but I'm kinda in a people-party kind of mood, not lonely ass-rape country. :)
You won't be lonely. :lol:
We're heading that way in a few weeks on the DTC ride I believe though, could be a side trip ???
I've been thinking about that. I've been down there several times on family vacations. Beautiful area.

I will be here Sat, 1 of my MX friends is suppose to bring out his Speedway bike for it's shakedown run. To many cops & drunks on the roads most Holiday weekends for my taste.

bikedays.jpg

Dats where i's be too!

I will be here Sat, 1 of my MX friends is suppose to bring out his Speedway bike for it's shakedown run. To many cops & drunks on the roads most Holiday weekends for my taste.

bikedays.jpg

That's crazy, that's what I did last Memorial Day. Forgot about it, it was pretty cool. It's a possibility.

Cool I'll look for some of you other folks at the races then. I have gone every year since 2004 and they only race here 1 time a year. Canton is a 1/2 mile track so the big bikes haul the mail around there. I will have my 6 year old daughter with me so I'll probably have to keep her in the grandstands (shade) much of the time. A few photo's from last year.

Bike%20Days%2024-May-09%20132.jpg

Bike%20Days%2024-May-09%20181.jpg

Bike%20Days%2024-May-09%20271.jpg

I'm headed out to skyline drive in VA this weekend for our annual meet out there with all the cbrjunkie.com guys. We had an absolute BLAST last year, hoping for the same this year. Headed out there Saturday, coming back Monday, you're more than welcome to join!